Lincoln Hotel

Tags

Castles and Palaces Historical Travel
See Amenities
Airpunk's Profile Photo

A hotel I really appreciate!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2012

One of the best hotels experiences I got! In a city where many hotels, guesthouses and B&Bs are located in historic buildings, it was this place which had the honour to welcome me as a guest! It was a friday evening in spring when - thanks to the wonderful railway connections out of this city - I found myself stranded overnight. All recommendations in my guidebook were booked out as well as the recommendations I got from these places as well. At the White Hart Hotel, the lady at the reception was not really friendly, but she recommended me a place around the corner. It was "The Lincoln". Prepared to pay almost any price, I was surprised that the show-up price for a single room incl. breakfast was 90 GBP.

Unique Quality: The room was good in space, spotlessly clean and offered me all comforts I needed. It had a abthroom with shower, TV and typical amenities of a 4 star hotel. The highlight was the view: With the full splendour of illuminated Lincoln Cathedral next to me, it was probably the most beautiful hotel room view I ever got in my long travel career. Downstairs, there was a big party going on. The hotel staff, especially the younger girls and guys, were apologetic about the noise and about the fact that not all bars were open for "regular" guests. However, that did not disturb me at all. All drinks were available in the lobby with waiter service and the noise was not to hear at all in the hotel rooms. People leaving early can order a cold breakfast via  a card which should be hung out during the night. In that case, you will get your breakfast brought to your room at the time you wish.
The Lincoln is the best hotel of this class I ever got in the UK, although it was not even the most expensive. I really can't praise it high enough!

Directions: On the northern side of the Cathedral, right in the middle of the old town

Cheersmates's Profile Photo

Lincoln Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 13, 2008

Horrible stay! Rooms not cleaned properly, staff clueless about their menu, about customer services, one night time waiter made our family and another family wait in the lounge for about an hour to have dinner while the restaurant had only 1 table.

The only employee that was very nice and knowledgeable about things was Tony, but he only worked in the restaurant during breakfast. Since we had just moved to the area, he was very helpful in giving us tips and telling us what we could do in the town.

Their website looks great, but the hotel isn't all that.

Unique Quality: The only nice thing about it is the roman wall right in front of the hotel. It's amazing that it's still there. Ah, and it's close to Bailgate (the historical site).

Directions: Very close to Bailgate, where the castle and cathedral are located. There are loads of pubs, shops and little restaurants as well.

Nearby Lincoln Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lincoln Travel Forum

Need advice about Lincoln, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Lincoln and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lincoln hotel reviews