Hoylake Hotels

• Britannia2 profile photo Britannia2
  • Reviews: 1114

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kings Gap Hotel: Hidden gem on the Wirral

I have always loved Hoylake as a town and with accommodation difficult to find within my budget in Liverpool booked a weekend at the Kings Gap via the internet. This is a good old fashioned English hotel with friendly and attentive staff in a good location between the station/shops and the sea.
Our twin room was clean with comfortable beds and had a very nice bathroom and there is a small bar area and a pleasant residents lounge. We did not really explore the gardens as it was a winter weekend but they do look as though they would be nice place to sit in the summer.
Price is room only and my internet deal was £50 per room with breakfast at £9 each (February 09). A fair price for the room and although the breakfast was one of the biggest I have ever eaten a lower price for breakfast would be fairer.
The photo of the gardens on the website is not true to life - they are much smaller. in real life.

One of the best hotels I have stayed at in the Merseyside area - it is due a £7 million refurbishment in late 2009 which is needed as the hotel is looking a little dated.
Incidentally you can see the actors Daniel Craigs mothers house from the sea side of the hotel and Daniel used to work in the kitchens when he a teenager growing up in Hoylake.
One of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever eaten.
Good disabled access.