62 Castle St

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about 62 Castle St

Loved 62 Castle Street

by TripAdvisor Member RebelTraveller21

My husband and I visited 62 Castle Street for 1 night (Friday) and agreed that it was one of the best, if not the best, hotels we have ever stayed in. Not only was it fantastic value but the staff were friendly and helpful. We decided to drive to Livepool and the staff gave us brilliant directions to the nearest 24 hour secure car park. I was dubious when they said it was only a ten minute walk but it actually was! We visited Liverpool for an event at the new Arena which is only a ten minute very well lit walk away. Main shopping centres were a mere five/ten minute walk away. The room was gorgeous and split on 2 levels (bathroom and bed area seperated from living area by 2 steps). The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Only draw back was the shower head was very low (at 5 ft 7 I had to bend and my husband said it was easier to have a bath) and the shower screen kept moving so the floor got very wet. Also I ordered the fruit salad for breakfast and the raspberries were mouldy. When I pointed this out it was replaced and I was not charged for either servings. Have already recommended this place to friends and hope to retun ourselves!

mixed views castle street

by TripAdvisor Member bryan66

We stayed in 62 Castle Street for 3 nights in May. This wasn't our first time to stay there as we had visited the hotel on 3 occasions before this. We were re-visiting as we were very impressed before.
While the main building hasn't changed we felt general service in the hotel had gone down. We had booked on line with the hotel - however when I e mailed them re booking I got no replies and ended up having to ring the hotel.
On the night we arrived the reception staff were more than casual - it felt like we were checking into a hostel. No information was given to us about the hotel - and only one card per room for the door - we had to ask for a card per occupant. When we checked in we were told the bar was open for another half hour but when we went into the bar they refused to serve us. No such thing as residents bar here.
The bedrooms are beautiful - very comfortable beds and great black out curtains. However the sash windows don't keep out the noise so it is very noisy in the morning.
Check out is not international check out time of 12 but 11. This information wasn't given to us and when it came to 11 we were harrassed by reception with countless phone calls asking us when we were going to leave.
When we did check out we asked could we leave our bags somewhere while we went for brunch - the bags were left in the open beside reception - they could easily have been taken by any other hotel user.
While we repeated our visit to the hotel because we loved the rooms and the central location I don't think we would go back again. Other hotels provide more information, friendly check in staff, inclusive breakfast, residents bar and often leisure facilities
A hotel with great potential - which it isn't living up to

Fabulous design, Central Location.

by TripAdvisor Member ADFWomblingFree

62 Castle Street is a super chic, beautifully designed boutique hotel. Our room was absolutely huge, with a good sized living area including a sofa, desk and separate table and chairs for dining. The hotel bar is a lively spot, with a fantastic domed ceiling and huge red "throne-like" chairs to relax in whilst you sip a cocktail or two. Instead of having music piped into the toilets, they play extracts from random cult movies ...

Whilst in general we loved the design and probably would return. The downside was that we arrived at 12.30 and no room was available. We were told to return at 3pm, and when we returned at 3.30pm it still wasn't ready. I'm not clear whether the size of our room was normal, or whether they upgraded us because of this problem (if they did upgrade, they didn't tell us). The delay in getting access to our room meant I felt the 11am check-out time was a little unfair in the circumstances.

Great Quality, Great Value - A Hidden Gem!

by TripAdvisor Member lissybubs

I was shopping around for a Liverpool Boutique Hotel over the May bank holiday and was thrilled to stumble across 62 Castle Street who seemed to match all my requirements AND offer a brilliant price of £109 per night over such a busy weekend!

After checking Trip Advisor reviews I requested a corner suite which turned out to be a good move.

I have to agree with theperson who reported that the check-in staff were a little lack-lustre. The reception area was very chic and funky and really set the right tone however the staff didn't.

I also have to agree with another person who said that the coridors and rooms were really dark. They are lit in such a way that you think you are in a nightclub which creates a quirky feel to the place however it's not terrible practical!

The room itself was totally breathtaking. Definitely one of the largest and nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. Top marks to the hotel for going the extra mile with the standard of the rooms. Ours was a split level room with double aspect views over Liverpool. The road noise was a problem however this was not the hotel's fault.

The evening restaurant staff were again, a bit hit and miss but the standard of food was wonderful. Not cheap mind - comparable to top London prices. Breakfast arrived cold which was a shame and I'm sure that the quality was there but the attention to deal wasn't.

This hotel needs a really good manager in it to ensure that every member of staff is working hard and it really deserves it.

" A great place to chill out "

by TripAdvisor Member comeonmyson

Stayed 1 night only, had an excellent stay. Reception and waiting on staff top draw. The only downside was the cleanliness of the room, could have been better. We ate in the restaraunt ad the food was very good, only downside was the chips (frozen), triple cut home made would have gone down a treat.
Would definately stay agaim tho !

disappointed stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lyndog

As it was to be our wedding night, I chose this hotel having read numerous reviews.Booked the master double by phone(adding that it was our wedding night) and asked for a restaurant booking as well as we were arriving at 8.30 pm. First thing in our room was T.V. not working, also no regular coffee supplied. Asked at reception for the coffee, but told housekeeping was closed until morning. Whilst we were at dinner, the receptionist had a look at the t.v. and we were informed sorry not working.(she was the only staff seen) Back in room 201, bathroom was poor, with limited selection of the advertised toiletries. Bathrobes were both ripped and looked shabby. Next morning, a further call produced 2 sachets of regular coffee(no caffeine overdose there). On checkout I expressed my concerns, but again only staff was the receptionist. We had to settle up and leave (flight booked). Our second email resulted in an offer of 50% refund. Hardly makes up for my disappointment. Oh - did I mention "it was our wedding night!"

Best Hotel we have stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member BoroC4

Well what can I say this hotel was Fantastic, my girlfriend had recently passed her degree and as a treat I took her to Liverpool as we both love the place there is so much to see and do, I searched around and came across this hotel and decided to book it and it looked good and had a lot of good reviews. About 2 days before we arrived I recived courtesy call from the hotel to see if there was any thing they could arrange for me be it dinner reservations or any event bookings or extras i may require for the room, I was also asked what time I would be arriving and I told them it would be 11am and the receptionist told me that check in wasn't until 3pm but I could leave my luggage in a secure area until then.

So far so good that little extra touch of the phone call had me thinking this is going to be a great hotel, well when we arrived at about 11.30am at the hotel I said to the girl on the desk I know were early and that were were going to take a walk around the town and get some lunch until the room was ready, she said no need your room is ready well my girlfriend and me thought this was brilliant so it was straight up to the room.

Well lets just say we were amazed by the size of the room and very modern with floor to ceiling windows and a full length mirror so you can see how good you look before going out lol. And we both agreed that it was the best hotel we both have stayed in, The staff were brilliant and couldn't be more helpful and the Room restaurant which is part of the hotel, well the food was delicious and some cracking cocktails to sample as well so all in all if you like the finer things this hotel is a cracking spot and at a very reasonable price for what you get I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Pure luxury

by TripAdvisor Member MrAndMrsCCMrAndMrsCC

Me and my partner stayed here for two nights in the grande suite and everything about the hotel was absoloute perfection!!! From the moment we arrived the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The suite was out of this world, lovely comfortable kingsize bed, huge seating and dining area and TWO bathrooms, one being a wetroom and the other having a stand alone bath with plenty of room for two in there!!! The elemis toiletries added that extra bit of luxury too.
The hotel bar and restaurant was very good indeed and served mouth watering food. We had our evening meal there both nights as they have an offer on where if you eat between 5:30 and 7 all main courses are 7 pound which is a great offer when some of the dishes are around 16 pounds.
The bar plays chill out music on an evening which gives the place a great atmosphere. They have a huge cocktail list which we sampled a few of, they were all delicious, proper cocktails, not the cheap rubbish you get in some places!!! They also had a good selection of wine and champagne on offer which in my opinion were reasonably priced.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this boutique hotel and honestly couldn't find fault with anything. If your looking for a special weekend away I suggest you give this a try, we can't wait to go back!!!

Would not go back again!!

by TripAdvisor Member MrandMrsLiverpool

My and my wife stayed here 2days ago on our wedding night and have had nothing but trouble since. We are both from Liverpool and had booked in here for our wedding night having heard good things about the hotel but have been left very disappointed. We are both in our mid-twenties and are normally quite easily pleased with things but the service from the hotel has been nothing short of appalling.

When we arrived at 10:30pm we completed our pre-authorisation transaction for £150 and made our own way to our rooms (pointed to the lift and said its on the second floor somewhere). We had left a bag at reception the day before and the lady at reception said she had not seen one but would call us when in our room.

We got room 201 which was in all fairness a very nice room. Very clean, spacious with large windows and a lounge area. After waiting 10mins without a phone call I called reception again, gave a description of the bag again and was told she couldnt find it. When I assured her that it had been brought the previous day she said she would check another room where bags were put (why didnt she do this in the first place?) and call me back. 5mins later she called, had found the bag and asked if she wanted me to come get it or for her to bring it up so i asked her to bring it up which she did promptly.

We looked in the bathroom which for some reason only had one bathrobe when we had told them in advance we were a couple staying on our wedding night?

The next morning we ordered our breakfast after double checing it was included in the meal. Once again this was extremely poor for the price it was quoted in the menu. £8.50 for an english which included 2 small rashes of bacon, one sausage, some beans and an egg and toast.

As ive said previously the room itself was nice but it is since leaving that we have had the main problems. On checking out we were charged £167.75 which was fine. Having checked my credit card this morning I have found out that they have also charged the £150 authorisation fee and the £22 for the breakfast.

I have called the hotel up and the lady on reception put me on hold for 10mins and told me she couldnt find the breakfast recepit and would call me up SOMETIME today (we are going on honeymoon tomorrow!). She assured me that they dont charge the pre-authorisation fee but having checked my online statement and called the credit card company I told her that all 3 charges have been made. So far this 12hour stay has cost £339.96. I know this may not happen to everyone who stays but from my experience I am disgusted with the service from this hotel. I would definately not stay again nor recommend it to anyone else, and this is from a local.

Good hotel but ....

by TripAdvisor Member Culturevulture_8

My wife and I and another couple spent three nights here in rooms 207 and 208. It was recommended by another, well regarded hotel in Liverpool which was full. It is very well located ,. the bed was comfortable, and the rooms are a good size. The room was well decorated and appointed though strangely the window frames had not been modernised and were in poor condition . Despite the City Centre location and the fact that the Hotel has a sister bar which is popular and noisy, there is no double glazing .Although there was a powerful air con system in the room, one window had been left open and was hard to close. On arrival the reception staff were friendly and helpful, particularly with parking-advising us that what turned out to be an excellent secure car park in the new Liverpool One shopping centre had opened that same day.
So all OK until we returned late afternoon on day 2 - a Saturday -to find our rooms had not been serviced. We rang down to be told that a shortage of staff meant that they would not be done until the next day but the receptionist would be bringing clean towels, milk for the in room tea/ coffee etc. We asked to speak to the Manager to be told that she was not available and the receptionist was trying to contact her. I said for her to please tell the manager that we would expect a substantial discount on that night's stay.This receptionist was apologetic and concerned.
When we came to check out the next morning it was another receptionist that was on duty. She had no knowledge of our request for a discount and told us that the manager was not in the hotel and could not be contacted. She said if we wanted to discuss payment we would have to email the manager. I told her this was unacceptable and insisted that the manager be contacted immediately. The receptionist then contacted the manager by phone and a substantial reduction was granted. In over 30 years of stays in hotels all over the world we have never experienced no service in our room and the fact that no Management representative was on the premises to take personal charge of the situation was unacceptable (the receptionist was the only member of staff in the hotel) . Although we got our discount by being firm and insistent, the way our complaint was handled was poor Customer Relations .We had a great time in Liverpool , deservedly the 2008 European capital of culture,but next time we will choose another hotel.

62 Castle Street

by tinagreen

Planning on going to Liverpool for a long weekend and I would like to stay in a lovely hotel. I've been looking around and 62 Castle Street looks right like what I'm looking for.

Has anyone stayed there before and if so what did you think?

by sandgrounder

Don't know anything about the hotel at all - looks impressive from the hotel website. But, all I would warn is that it is on the edge of one of the country's largest ongoing re-development programmes. You might care to take a look at http://www.bigdig.liverpool.gov.uk/
Will be great when it is all finished but the area at the moment is one big building site.

by lfc

hi
also recommend malmaison

by lfc

hi
don't know this hotel but i can recommend the holiday inn lime street nice hotel and central

Comments