Atlantic Tower

Value Score

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Hotels with Lower Price

Woke up with flea bites!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2012

The staff were friendly, breakfast was lovely, room was a bit dated but adequate. However, after only slept for 5hrs in my bed I woke up with flea bites all over my legs!!!! after notifying reception and they took pics and as I didn't have time to complain properly at the desk I emailed when I got home in which the response was very unsatisfactory. Not only did they provide me with a clearly adapted Rent a Kill notice they didn't knowledge or accept any responsibility.

Very disappointing!!!!! Wouldn't stay again!!!!!

Ok establishment, wouldn't recommend it though

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 9, 2008

There were many good things about this hotel, but I'm afraid just as many bad things. For example the location is very very good, and most of the staff are friendly and helpful, but if your room is facing the road and the Mersey, do not be fooled by the view! The cars and the trucks will either keep you awake all night, or wake you up from time to time. My girlfriend is usually never bothered by noise when she sleeps, but even she was irritated by this. So if you want a good nights sleep, either bring earplugs or chose another hotel.

When we got home we realized that my credit card had been double billed. When 207 pounds are missing, it's a pretty big deal for two students. So we emailed the hotel and asked them to transfer the money back to my account as soon as possible. For almost a week we waited for a reply and for our money ofcourse. Finally the money was transferred back to my account after 6 days but there was still no reply to our email, no apology and no explanation. This is completely unproffesional and unworthy of a hotel that gives itself 4 stars. All in all, a decent establishment but by no means a hotel that I would recommend.

markjunior's Profile Photo

rip-off

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 19, 2007

i stayed here for 2 nights last year,never again.the rooms were tiny and very expensive- £95 a night without breakfast! it was a liverpool match weekend so mybe they bump the prices up cos they know there will be demand.

Great Hotel

by written on July 16, 2004

I stayed at the Thistle the last time I was in Liverpool.
Its expensive, about £90 per night but its really a nice hotel.
The service is extraordinary. They really take
good care of you.

Unique Quality: The hotel also has a great view of the Mersey River and is just across the Liver Building.
2 important LIverpool landmarks.
And the food in the hotel is great too.

Directions: Its in the city center.

hayward68's Profile Photo

Shipshape!

by written on June 10, 2004

This hotel, shaped to look like a ship, is located at Pier Head which makes it quite convenient for touring Liverpool, it's down the street from Albert Dock.
It's a 4 star hotel and is really quite nice. Our room overlooked the Mersey and the Crowne Plaza which is across the street. The room had a built in desk unit across the wall with the window which is great for those business travellers. We had two twin beds which are pushed together, don't know why they do that, save space maybe?) and I was impressed with how immaculate everything was. Well, it was before we made a mess of the room with our stuff strewn everywhere ;-)
There's a tv with remote and a minibar if you want to pay a ridiculous price for a coke or alcoholic tipple.
There's decent hanging space for your clothes and the bathroom has a large tub with shower attachment. However, you wouldn't want to be on the throne when someone opens the bathroom door as you'd get whacked in the knees!
Toiletries were included and Sandysmith who was sharing the room with me found them to her liking. They also found a way into her bag ;-) Okay, that was me telling her to do that ;-)
Our breakfast was included in the price of the room and we had that in the Stateroom Restaurant, continuing with the nautical theme. It was served buffet style which I always prefer, and tea and coffee are served at your table. Lots to choose from, you won't go away hungry.
If you like you can have drinks in the Tradewinds Bar, again shiplike, before heading our to sample Liverpool's attractions.
We were lucky and found a great deal on the internet, £50 for a twin room.

(picture to come)

Directions: Pier Head, across from Crowne Plaza

sandysmith's Profile Photo

Ship-Shape Hotel

by written on March 6, 2004

Ok I recently had cause to book a room for a night in Liverpool for a VT friends visit. We trawled many sites - including the links from VT - and got various range of prices and availability for the same hotels. However one of the best links I came acoss was the tourist board for Liverpool.

Here you can check all hotel availabiliites at good rates and also for events happening in the city and around Merseyside.

I got a twin room at the Thistle hotel for £50 as opposed to £95 and even £165 quoted on other sites. Well hope its OK will report back later next month!

www

Unique Quality: Liverpool's ship shape hotel - just next to the Liver Buildings. Not a huge room and shall we say the bathroom made the most of its available space but we did get a river view and of the Crowne Plaza! Can't complain for what we paid - especially when considering that breakast (included in our price) was £12.50 each.

Just one thing to note if arriving by car - there is not right or left turn into Chapel St - you have to head as if for the river then do an immediate U-turn to come straight across the road - causes much frustation if you don't realise this!

Nearby Atlantic Tower

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Liverpool Travel Forum

Need advice about Liverpool, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Liverpool and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Liverpool hotel reviews

City Centre Buildings
Museums
Liverpool Playhouse
Things to Do
Views across the city and beyond!
Things to Do
some of the liverpool locals
Liverpool Cathedral
International Beatles Week
Hillsborough Monument
European Peace Monument
Things to Do
A sunny weekend at the docks!
City Bike