Atlantic Tower

Chapel Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 9RE, United Kingdom

Thistle Liverpool City Centre, Atlantic Tower
Orbitz.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Woke up with flea bites!!!!

The staff were friendly, breakfast was lovely, room was a bit dated but adequate. However, after only slept for 5hrs in my bed I woke up with flea bites all over my legs!!!! after notifying reception and they took pics and as I didn't have time to complain properly at the desk I emailed when I got home in which the response was very unsatisfactory. Not only did they provide me with a clearly adapted Rent a Kill notice they didn't knowledge or accept any responsibility.

Very disappointing!!!!! Wouldn't stay again!!!!!

• Ok establishment, wouldn't recommend it though

There were many good things about this hotel, but I'm afraid just as many bad things. For example the location is very very good, and most of the staff are friendly and helpful, but if your room is facing the road and the Mersey, do not be fooled by the view! The cars and the trucks will either keep you awake all night, or wake you up from time to time. My girlfriend is usually never bothered by noise when she sleeps, but even she was irritated by this. So if you want a good nights sleep, either bring earplugs or chose another hotel.

When we got home we realized that my credit card had been double billed. When 207 pounds are missing, it's a pretty big deal for two students. So we emailed the hotel and asked them to transfer the money back to my account as soon as possible. For almost a week we waited for a reply and for our money ofcourse. Finally the money was transferred back to my account after 6 days but there was still no reply to our email, no apology and no explanation. This is completely unproffesional and unworthy of a hotel that gives itself 4 stars. All in all, a decent establishment but by no means a hotel that I would recommend.

• markjunior's Profile Photo

rip-off

i stayed here for 2 nights last year,never again.the rooms were tiny and very expensive- £95 a night without breakfast! it was a liverpool match weekend so mybe they bump the prices up cos they know there will be demand.

• Great Hotel

I stayed at the Thistle the last time I was in Liverpool.
    Its expensive, about £90 per night but its really a nice hotel.
    The service is extraordinary. They really take
    good care of you.

Unique Quality: The hotel also has a great view of the Mersey River and is just across the Liver Building.
    2 important LIverpool landmarks.
    And the food in the hotel is great too.

Directions: Its in the city center.

• hayward68's Profile Photo

Shipshape!

This hotel, shaped to look like a ship, is located at Pier Head which makes it quite convenient for touring Liverpool, it's down the street from Albert Dock.
    It's a 4 star hotel and is really quite nice. Our room overlooked the Mersey and the Crowne Plaza which is across the street. The room had a built in desk unit across the wall with the window which is great for those business travellers. We had two twin beds which are pushed together, don't know why they do that, save space maybe?) and I was impressed with how immaculate everything was. Well, it was before we made a mess of the room with our stuff strewn everywhere ;-)
    There's a tv with remote and a minibar if you want to pay a ridiculous price for a coke or alcoholic tipple.
    There's decent hanging space for your clothes and the bathroom has a large tub with shower attachment. However, you wouldn't want to be on the throne when someone opens the bathroom door as you'd get whacked in the knees!
    Toiletries were included and Sandysmith who was sharing the room with me found them to her liking. They also found a way into her bag ;-) Okay, that was me telling her to do that ;-)
    Our breakfast was included in the price of the room and we had that in the Stateroom Restaurant, continuing with the nautical theme. It was served buffet style which I always prefer, and tea and coffee are served at your table. Lots to choose from, you won't go away hungry.
    If you like you can have drinks in the Tradewinds Bar, again shiplike, before heading our to sample Liverpool's attractions.
    We were lucky and found a great deal on the internet, £50 for a twin room.

(picture to come)

Directions: Pier Head, across from Crowne Plaza

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Ship-Shape Hotel

Ok I recently had cause to book a room for a night in Liverpool for a VT friends visit. We trawled many sites - including the links from VT - and got various range of prices and availability for the same hotels. However one of the best links I came acoss was the tourist board for Liverpool.

Here you can check all hotel availabiliites at good rates and also for events happening in the city and around Merseyside.

I got a twin room at the Thistle hotel for £50 as opposed to £95 and even £165 quoted on other sites. Well hope its OK will report back later next month!

www

Unique Quality: Liverpool's ship shape hotel - just next to the Liver Buildings. Not a huge room and shall we say the bathroom made the most of its available space but we did get a river view and of the Crowne Plaza! Can't complain for what we paid - especially when considering that breakast (included in our price) was £12.50 each.

Just one thing to note if arriving by car - there is not right or left turn into Chapel St - you have to head as if for the river then do an immediate U-turn to come straight across the road - causes much frustation if you don't realise this!

More about Atlantic Tower

Thistle Liverpool

by Liz10052 about Thistle Liverpool

I think it was about £50 per room per night. The location wasn't too bad. From our [strange] corner room, we could see the River Mersey, which was nice. The only bad part was that our room had a funny smell. The front desk said that they get that complaint all the time (???) and that it's only the varnish they use. Hmm, maybe an idea would be to not use that particular varnish anymore? Just an idea. Otherwise, it was a decent hotel, and not too expensive.

Loved the Thistle

by TripAdvisor Member BettyBoopFC

Stayed in Thistle Hotel Liverpool for 2 nights the last weekend in Feb. Cannot fault it. Staff were friendly, chatty & helpful. Room was spacious, warm & clean with a fab view of the mersey ! Breakfast was fantastic with a brilliant choice...and the restaurant was great - the music in the background was a lovely touch ! I definitely recommend this hotel and I will most definitely stay there again on my return to DA POOL!

A Pleasant Surprise indeed

by TripAdvisor Member LadyPenelopeSurrey

My colleague booked the hotel before I had read the previous reviews on here. After reading some of the reviews I had obvious concerns that I would be staying at the Hotel from Hell, however, I was pleasantly surprised on my arrival.

I stayed at the Thistle Hotel for 2 nights on a business trip and enjoyed my stay. The room was very clean and tidy with helpful and friendly staff. Room service was quick and the food was decent. Overall a pleasant experience including the scouser dialect/accent.

Clean Rooms, Friendly Staff and Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Kaygee

I have stayed at the Thistle Hotel on a couple of occasions, and have found everything about the hotel to be very satisfactory.
The only downside that I can think of is that the car park is a few streets away and dragging a case to the hotel isn't the best thing in the world.
However car park aside, I have found check in to be a breeze, staff was friendly and efficient and very explanitory.
The rooms are of average size - I have stayed in a lot smaller. They have modern-ish furnishings, but I have found the beds to be very comfy. Another good thing about the Thistle is that the rooms have air con - so hot or cold day you are in control of how warm your room is.
The bathrooms are small but you don't spend a lot of time in there anyway. They are clean and come with some decent smellies.
I ordered room service a couple of times and found the food to be lovely and the restaurant is lovely as well.
All in all this is probably one of the nicer hotels in Liverpool - I found no examples that can validate some of the previous feedback entries.
One of the nicest things about the hotel are the views, on each stay I have had great views, either of the Liver Building or of the Mersey estuary, both times I have been on high floors so I would recommend that you ask for floors 9-12.

Ladies of the night

by TripAdvisor Member WEEALIA

Stayed at the Thistle 2 night weekend break. I was appalled at the amount of prostitution that was clearly going on. We couldn't get into the lift in the morning for the mass exidous of females who were clearly not paying guests. Dissapointed at the lack of security when these people could roam through the hotel putting their calling cards under our door and we were on the 11th floor. The bar staff were inarticulate and I certainly did not appreciate being addressed with " sound mate sound!!! ".

Hi all,

I'm thinking of staying at the Ramada located at

Bath Road, Middlesex, United Kingdom TW59QE

Is this close to London's city center. Is it readily accessible via the tube?

Thanks!

by chrishc

Very close to Heathrow and the airport but not a lot of use for the City.

Tube would be nearly an hour

by dre1988

what area should i stay in to enjoy the sights of london? orbitz.com popped out this location!

by Carnation

Try this site for accommodation in London, Middlesex is pretty far from the center.

oxo Jyan oxo

How are these locations?

53/55/57 Belgrave Road, London, United Kingdom SW1V 2BB

Piccadilly Circus, London, United Kingdom W1B 5DN

I won't have a car and plan to use to tube to get around. Are these close to tube stations?

by chrishc

Those two links should help, the hotels near Victoria seen to be reasonably priced and the area is not too bad, just outside the posh bit but quite close to Westminster and Buckingham Palace. I would find the name of the hotel and shop around a bit for better prices or deals. The first link is a good map site and you can get an idea of how close to anywhere you would be from the addresses (use the postcode search).

Hope this is helpful

by pmarshuk

Don't know of any specific hotels but you good try looking at the Paddington or South Kensington areas. Both are convenient for central London and both have a reasonable selection of restauarants etc in them.

Cheers
Phil

by Carnation

Tube stations are everywhere in London - and the bus service is pretty good too.

oxo Jyan oxo

by chrishc

Belgrave Road is a bullseye on the area I was thinking of.

by vivalasteph

What are you planning on spending per night? Just you or do you need a double? Check out the Thistle Hotel chain - great deals for central London for either singles or doubles. If you look at my London hotel tips I have links there, or email me for others.

Also, when are you going?

by dre1988

Thanks all! Orbitz' hotel locator SUCKS!

I'll be there from the 26t h to the 31st.

by fouads

Hi , there is too many hotels near tube , try some hotels near hyde park , there is bayswater underground station near , and this area is also near london center
best wishes