Central Buildings, North John Street, Liverpool, L2 6RR, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Dazandjaz's Profile Photo

A must for Beatles fans

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, esp if you are a beatles fan. Its is based on the corner of Mathew street which contains The Cavarn Club. The hotel is all beatles based from the statues outside to unique artwork on the stairways and bedrooms, even a yellow submirane jukebox (all shown in pics below......enjoy), it also has its own shop!!!!. The hotel has a onsite restaraunt 'Blakes' which is also very nice and not to over priced. The rooms were a good size and very comfortable.

Directions: On corner of Mathew street which contains Cavarn club, in 10mins walk of Albert dock and great choice of shops

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo

Beatles Hotel

After many false starts Liverpool’s premier Beatles Hotel has finally opened its doors. Located on the corner of the home of the Cavern on Mathew Street the hotel is pretty guaranteed to do brisk business. The hotel includes a couple of bars and a restaurant. Even if you can’t afford to stay here, paupers can share the experience in the 101 bar. When I visited it had only been open a week and service was a bit ‘Fawlty Towers’ but hopefully nothing a sound thrashing of the Chef won’t cure.

Hotel rooms are pretty cool with some nice Beatles themed artwork. If your one of those who in the words of Lennon can afford to "rattle their jewellery" why not book one of the a Penthouse Suites complete with white Grand Piano.

Unique Quality: It's Beatle heaven!

More about Hard Days Night Hotel

What a fab hotel

by TripAdvisor Member rockeyb

Have just returned from Hard Days Night Hotel and couldn't fault it. Four girls booked the shopping package and we had rooms on the 4th floor, both rooms had balconies (our room was much bigger than our mates, but theirs was still very spacious). My daughter and her boyfriend also booked in for the 2 nights (not on the shopping package) and their room on the same floor was very small compared to ours with no balcony. The package included breakfast each morning which was excellent, dinner on 1 of the evenings. Only complaint we could mention would be that the soup could've been hotter (quite a petty complaint). We also received a cocktail which we had in the trendy bar and a bottle of wine in the room and a £50 voucher for Cricket boutique (per room). We think the package was worth the money and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. We had them bringing us up ice buckets etc. It was a glorious weekend and we were able to have champagne and strawberries out on the balcony. Could do with some balcony furniture as we had to use the chairs from room, but I'm sure if we had phoned reception they would've brought up some more chairs as nothing seemed to be a problem. Will definitely be having our girly trip there again next year.

A must for Beatles fans! Posh, new, clean and nice!

by TripAdvisor Member angb77

The Hard Days Night Hotel in Liverpool is nice, new and modern and ideally located within easy walking distance of the sights of the city. This is a must for Beatles fans as they have photos and memorabilia and is connected to a tourism office where you can book all of your Beatles tours, etc. The front desk staff was more than helpful and our room was very nice, bright new and clean. There was free internet access in the room as well.

The hotel is literally right around the corner from the Cavern Club and that whole area. There are several nice restaurants in the same block. The hotel is very safe with a doorman 24-7, etc. All of the hotel staff was excellent.

The bar in the hotel is quite trendy and obviously very popular with the locals. If you are staying in the hotel I would make a bit of effort to dress up to go to that particular bar in the hotel (there are several) as some of the hotel guests came down in t-shirts and shorts and looked a bit out of place with the locals all dressed up nicely for a big night out.

Right now there is construction in front of the hotel so you can't park or drive right in front of the hotel although the hotel luckily does offer a deal with free parking at several garages within walking distance. The construction was not a bother to me besides not being able to drop our bags off in front of the door.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone, it is extremely nice and well located, and if you are a Beatles fan it is an absolute must.

Only the noise lets it down!!

by TripAdvisor Member Myvue

My husband is a huge Beatles fan, so for a special weekend away we went to the Hard Days night hotel, everything was ok at the hotel from the arrival to the bath and shower in our bedroom, the artwork around the hotel is beautiful.

I didn't realise that the hotel was so close to Liverpool's famous Matthew Street, how I wish I would of known this before I booked! On Friday evening we ate in the hotel, upon retiring to our room I was very disappointed to find that I could hear more or less word for word the music form the clubs nearby. I called reception but they were unable to help me, just tell me the clubs close at around 3am! Then you hear the pubs letting out and people shouting in the street! The next morning very tired I complained and was moved to a room on the other side of the hotel. Upon returning from an evening in the Albert Dock at 1.30am I could still hear all the goings on of the late night revellers outside my window.

This was supposed to be a special weekend away but due to the fact we could not sleep, I feel it was ruined. Please don't get me wrong the hotel is lovely but the noise issues really let it down. Do not book Hard Days night if you plan to go to bed on a Friday or Saturday before 4am!!

another Hard Night

by TripAdvisor Member rednax98

so... a second hard days night. this time in a different room. nicely upgraded but the nightclub behind the hotel, blaring music til 2am. apparently surprising to the hotel staff.
and all this after no hot water this morning either.
Top class prices, low class service.

Excellent Hotel ...not just for Beatles fans

by TripAdvisor Member Ron1955

What a pleasant surprise this Hotel was .I think this marks the start of a new beginning for Liverpool . This hotel is in a beautiful building perfectly located next to the Cavern area and main shops and only minutes away from Albert Dock
On arrival the staff couldn't have been more helpful with maps,directions etc . I stayed wtih my adult daughter and booked a twin room on the 3 rd floor .The room was really well appointed and very large even by Aussie standards .great TV and lots of good electronics .Great bathroom with lots of room
We ate in the cafe and the Bistro I was really surprised by the prices which were very reasonable.
The "Beatles" theming is just enough and doesnt overpower and the gift shop on the corner is great
Next trip to Liverpool later this year will see me return to this hotel

Superb - loved every minute.

by TripAdvisor Member TRIPPIN'OVER

The winners in the success of this hotel has to be the staff and the interior designers.

The staff were friendly, down the earth as well as professional - there was nothing they did wrong or could improve on.

I particularly loved the design of the hotel, it was very tasteful and for a theme hotel it was not in your face. The photography and art work throughout was original and you should try and have a walk around all the public areas.

My room was comfy and spacious with a separate dressing area and balcony. The bathroom was huge, with plenty of space for make up and your own products. (the lighting could have been a bit brighter or put a shaving mirror somewhere?).

The hotel is high spec and anyone who normally stays in a 5 star hotel will not be disapppointed. The only things it lacks is car park, gym, pool. If you don't need that then you should really try it out,.

In the bar there was a cool, buzzy atmosphere, great drinks, music with gorgeous staff as you would expect in any trendy bar, but here are they are friendly. Loved it all.

Beatles fan snub Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member thewatcherMids

I didn't stay, just visited. Nice hotel and friendly staff but this hotel has received complaints re. 'dress code' and that it only seems to want overseas visitors and not local fans inside. Upon receiving complaints, the hotel management failed to follow them up for a week, then a complainant had to 'phone the hotel again for a responce. Promises to pass messages on seem to have been ignored. This seems to indicate indifference or lack of organisation. Either way, the situation is far from acceptable and does not bode well for the hotels reputation - especially as Augusts Beatles Week looms........
Better get your act together folks.....

Wanted to love it but just couldn't

by TripAdvisor Member Bennetts1

I booked this hotel as a bit of a treat for myself and my daughter as we were attending a family event and wanted somewhere central to stay. Having both lived in Liverpool we know the City well and love it. As already mentioned in other reviews we arrived in our taxi to find the street undergoing roadworks - no problem our taxi driver shifted the bollards and popped our bags on the pavement. Going through the doors I was slightly dismayed to find a flight of stairs and no one around to help us with our baggage. Having hauled it up to Reception check-in was very smooth and a very friendly porter took us up to our room on the fourth floor and explained how things worked. The room was everything you would expect it to be for the price you pay and the bathroom was perfect for a couple of girly hours getting ready. We organised a taxi which picked us up promptly and enjoyed a lovely night out returning to the hotel at approximately 01.15am. Being a Saturday night the streets were heaving with late night partygoers and people queuing for night clubs no problem we thought and headed through the doors where we were accosted by three!!! "gentlemen" who demanded to know if we were residents. I explained that we were but my word was obviously not good enough and evidence was required in the shape of my room key. All this being demanded while physically intimidating us and practically pushing us back out through the front doors. I explained that I would not open my handbag in the street and we were allowed to stand just inside the door while I produced our keycard. To say that we were astonished is an understatement. I can honestly say that this experience left both myself and my daughter very shaken and completely spoilt our evening. I did speak to the duty manager who was very apologetic but while I understand the need for security I do feel that three men intimidating two defenceless women is rather over the top and inexcusable. Needless to say we left as soon as possible the next morning and I feel that we will not be returning. Single women be warned if you stay here and return late be prepared and have your key ready in your hand!

Comments