Lime St, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 1NQ, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member Langerfeen

Stayed here in late March, and must say, it was a fantastic hotel, all the more impressive given the price if £92 a night. Nice big room, with a nice view out at teh museum. The bathroom was plenty big also. Food was nice, but overpriced in the restaurant. The bar was quite comfortable also. Locationwise, this was great. Just a 2 minute walk from the main shopping area. Staff were also very nice.

Great location - newly refurbished rooms and great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member zz-uk

First time in a Holiday Inn hotel.
Was very pleased with room - newly refurbished and great view of city (was on 7th floor).
Breakfast was excellent - eat as much as you like, freshly cooked range as well as fruit, bread, cakes, pastries, etc.
Great location - opposite Lime St Station, and also has a car park right next to it, which costs £5 for 24hrs.
Would def stay here again, and at £90 a night its a bargain!

Faffy parking, but otherwise good.

by TripAdvisor Member GT75

The room was clean and comfortable. The food was OK and the bar and restaurant had great views over the city, as do many of the rooms. The location is perfect for access to the city centre.

The Holiday Inn, Lime Street, is joined to a shopping centre and adjacent to a car park which guests have to use - at an additional £5 per 24hrs cost. Entry to the hotel, from the car, is then a 2-3 minute walk away and down a good few steps. Not a walk I'd want to be doing at night. It's so much better when you can just park really close and genuinely on-site.

Both our room entry cards managed to wipe themselves, apparently because we had put them in wallets (seemed like an obvious place) next to other cards with magnetic strips! Two additional trips, up and down six floors in the lift, to reception sorted it out. Annoying though.

Not bad, but I've stayed in far better hotels for the £99 per night double room price. Oh yes, plus the parking.

We were all very pleased,

by TripAdvisor Member LsaKingswinford

Perfect. Located in centre of town opposite train station. Rooms very pleasant with views of city. Everything as it should be. Staff welcomed us, provided the answers to our questions and even offered to keep our cases for the day when we checked out without us suggesting this. Impressive. Continental breakfast was all we required - the dining room views lovely. We are 4 ladies of the 60's who were visiting Liverpool for the Beatles experience! Would use this hotel again. The staff were wonderful. Have always received a good response from the people of Liverpool. Can't comment re Car park - we came by train.

Wish we could have stayed longer!!

by TripAdvisor Member Jmad430

Stayed at this hotel last week and it was fantastic. We stayed for only one night but could have stayed longer.
Location couldnt be more perfect.
All the staff were very friendly, polite and helpful.
Room very nice, spacious and clean.
Ordered room service - food lovely and loads of it and even had complimentary drinks.
Breakfast perfect - great views of St Georges Hall.
Would definitely stay at this hotel if ever in Liverpool again.

Great Central Location

by TripAdvisor Member lesleyjo

My sister and I stayed here for one night, before heading for our early flight home to Canada from Manchester Airport.
We had a nice experience, although nothing comes to mind to make it outstanding.
We arrived earlier than expected to the hotel, and our room was not quite ready, so the pleasant young lady at the front desk kindly offered to store our luggage for us while we had walk around the area. We came back a couple hours later to our rooms being ready and were helped up to our room by a porter.
The hotel interior is clean and contemporary - overall very nice. Our room was pleasant, very clean and a good size. We couldn't complain, even though we asked for 2 beds and only got a king.
The WiFi access is located on the 2nd floor, where there is a lounge and dining room, along with plenty of sofas and tables for use while emailing and "googling".
The only downside was not being able to "self-checkout" in our rooms, as we had an extremely early train time we needed to make, and could not check out this way as the Television stated that "it was too early". When we went to checkout in the lobby, it was absolutley dark with no one around and front doors locked - we were a bit worried that we would not be able to make our train, but thankfully someone was just coming out of the back office and was able to assist us.
Lime Street Station is directly across the street from the hotel, so it made for a quick walk to get our train to Manchester in the wee hours of the morning.
Overall, we had a nice stay, and I would certainly stay there again if I ever find myself in Liverpool.

Best hotel in Liverpool for price

by TripAdvisor Member Jerseymick

I am originally from Liverpool and I have stayed in most of the hotels listed in Tripadvisors top ten hotels. I booked this hotel at the last minute on the Holiday Inn web site and paid £99.00 for a double double room. We arrived about 4pm on Saturday and the check in was smooth and the bloke who checked us in was very polite and helpful. The room was a smoking room, but you couldn' t smell any stale smoke and I was surprised how big the room was with a little study/ dining room attached to the bedroom. The bathroom was spotless and even the quality of the decorating and tiling was perfect (I am a builder so I know good workmanship when I see it). I never used the restaurant but did use the room service for snacks and drinks which was reasonably priced and was delivered prompt ,bearing in mind this was a Saturday night and the hotel was sold out. The bar was very comfortable and nice views of Lime street. You cant get any more central than this Hotel and I am so glad I stayed here , had a decent sleep with no noise waking me up, this is Liverpool on a Saturday night, with numerous hen & stag nights and to be honest I never heard a sound. I would stay here the next time I am home and would say for value and service this is the best hotel I have stayed at in Liverpool

Wow - This is a winner!

by TripAdvisor Member Mary Lykes

Easy-peasy walk from Lime Street rail station. Superb check in with upgrade based on Marriott rewards and no reference to Priceline. Spotlessly clean. Complementary coffee/tea with the best ginger stem cookies ever. Loved the staff - they are "with it" and not dead from the waist down too... Did not eat in the hotel, but there is a superb Chinese all you can eat buffet restaurant just ouside and to the left of the front door. Location PLUS. Easy walk to everything. Public bus transport to Liverpool airport was a breeze. This was the best Priceline experience ever. Can hardly wait to returm.

Excellent Holiday Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Markevertonfc

We stayed here for one night, having been to a wedding at another hotel which was fully booked so we booked this and I am so glad we did. I live in Liverpool and dont normally stay in Hotels in the city, but after staying here and paying £89 for a double room I might be tempted to this more often. The check in was very smooth with polite staff, the Hotel room was spotless and plenty of space. Room service was excellent and the food was nice. The Bar was pleasant enough with nice views of town. The only thing I thought visitors might find a bit off putting was the car park, its ok in day time but a little dark on the top floor at night, but someone did mention they have a car valet service. I cant fault this hotel for the price and location.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member irishmags82

We travelled to Liverpool for a hen party and stayed in the holiday inn, in November. The hotel was spotless, and the location was brilliant right beside the shops and bars what more could you ask for when your on a hen party. We found the night clubs fab.
We have booked to go back in 08 for my hen party can't wait !!
I would recommend this hotel and location to anyone.

Dali's Lobster phone and Warhol's soup canDali's Lobster phone and Warhol's soup can

St.Luke's ChurchSt.Luke's Church

fantastic facadesfantastic facades

High DiningHigh Dining

liverpool bus station to hotel

by nikhilpal

I need to go from my bus station to hotel
:Express By Holiday Inn
LIVERPOOL-ALBERT DOCK
BRITANNIA PAVILLION, ALBERT DOCK
LIVERPOOL, L3 4AD ENGLAND

the 2 options are
Liverpool, Edge Lane Drive, Merseyside
LIVERPOOL, Coach Station, Norton St, Merseyside

which one is closer and how i reach the hotel from there

Re: liverpool bus station to hotel

by mustertal

Maybe a taxi would be your best bet, it's only about a mile away.

Re: liverpool bus station to hotel

by keithdavidrowley

Hello, Norton St is best and then take abus or ataxi to the Albert dock and Brit Piv.

One day

by cranejohn

HI

I am flying into Liverpool airport with Ryanair .
How far is this airport from the city all it says on ticket is Liverpool LPL.
How much by taxi.
I fly out the next day at 6 in the morning so a hotel close to this airport would help.

THANKS.

by Elena77

Have a look at the airport's official home page. It says:
"The journey into Liverpool city centre is 7 miles, takes approximately 20 minutes, and costs approximately £15 (taxi prices can vary, depending on exact destination, so passengers are advised to check fare with driver)."

by suvanki

Hi, What time do you arrive at Liverpool airport? Are you planning on trying to squeeze in some sight seeing?
Found this hotel on www.venere.com which is in the airport grounds.

Near to the airport is Speke Hall - a National Trust property, or you might be best getting a taxi from the hotel, or bus from the airport into Liverpool for a bit of a look around.
Best Wishes,
Sue

by Steve-H

I used to book over 1000 of their rooms a year for touring musicians, they are clean and at around £65 or less per night I think they are good value. Most Premiers Inns have a pub/restaurant attached. Premier Inns are everywhere, the rooms are all the same so where ever you wake up it's always the same, bit like groundhog day.

by leics

With such an early flight you would be best to stay near the airport, but there is a bus into the city if you want to explore on the day you arrive.

There are two hotels at the aiport:

The Crowne Plaza (used to be Marriott), a mile away with free shuttle. www.crowneplaza.com

Express by Holiday Inn, with shuttle, which is even nearer.

Comments