1 Queen Square, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 1RH, United Kingdom

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Great gift voucher for Xmas

Given voucher as gift, best present ever. Spotlesly clean,friendly helpful staff excellent location, very comfortable beds,well recommended for business or pleasure. Selection of restaurants close by, breakfast was very good chef cooked omlette and eggs on demand. Not noisy at all to think its so close to the centre of Liverpool.

Unique Quality: Cleanliness was of a very high standard.

Directions: Walking distance from Lime street station. 5mins walk to town

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Comfort Right Across from Lime Street Station

Very convenient location a few hundred yards from Lime Street Station in Central Liverpool. Marriott standard luxurious beds; my room was a little on the small size, but acceptable. Small lobby, but there is a "general" restaurant/bar right across the way. Some of the front desk staff are local, which is great for recommendations for restaurants are pubs, but can also be a little challenging to understand the local "scouse" dialect!

I got a great rate - about $60 a night before tax - through Priceline! A good deal for a "high summer" weekend.

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

A single night in the city centre

The hotel was recommended to me, as it was located near to LJM University. It was in the city centre, and was very conveneient for shopping, restauarants and Lime Street railway station.

The staff were tremendously freindly, and very professional. The rooms were typical Marriott, but I found that it was comfortable as ever, and quiet - I was on the fifth floor and had a room at the rear of the building. Nice view even if it was a cityscape.

Unique Quality: Excellent breakfast service, and the coffee was good. Wonderful staff, and the chef can cook friend eggs properly!

I was every surprised, but impressed with the fact that the room had a wide selection of teas and coffee - there were a total of 8 coffee sachets.

Directions: almost next door to Liverpool Lime Street railway station and opposite St George's Hall

• Durfun's Profile Photo

Right in the heart of the city!

Great building, nice decor, very good luggage desk & concierge.

A very clean albeit rather bare (wrt range of machines) gym. Good sized swimming pool, and nice steam room with a shower beside it.

Unique Quality: Lovely paintings on the walls.

Great breakfast room, presentation and range.

Fun spa bath off the pool. Plus a good-sized steam room.

Directions: Can't miss it!

• Close To Everything

I arrived at Lime Street station excited but extremely worn out. What a treat to find my hotel right outside the entrance! If you're looking for a unique place to stay, this is not it. But if you're looking for comfort and convenient location, keep the Marriott City Centre in mind.

Unique Quality: For me, the best part about this hotel was it's proximity to Lime Street Station, the Queens Square bus terminal as well as the other sights around the City Centre. For the health-conscious, this hotel had a great workout room (3 treadmills, a handful of bikes and stair machines, nautilus equipment, free weights, you name it - they had it). It was also just a short walk away from the public library which has free (as well as fee-based) internet access.

Also worth noting, they were quite anxious to make sure I got to and from the football matches safely (I was traveling alone) and offered to set up my transportation. I ended up getting there on my own, but it was nice of them to offer.

Finally, I booked my reservation on Orbitz and saved a bit off the price. The catch is that you have to prepay, but it was worth the savings (and at least that part of the trip was paid for by the time I left).

Directions: Right outside Lime Street Station

More about Marriott Hotel Liverpool City Centre

You can find something better...

by TripAdvisor Member nomaddmh

We were very disappointed with the Marriott Liverpool City Centre. We have stayed in many Marriotts from Courtyard Marriotts to Grand Vacation Clubs and this has been the worst one I am sorry to say.

First off, we were upgraded from a standard room to an "Executive Suite". Hmmm, sounds great! We got to the room on the 2nd floor and while it was very large, there were some problems:

1. The bathroom was not very clean. We found hairs on the toilet and both the toilet and the sink would not drain/flush easily.

2. The so-called "King-sized" bed was actually 2 twin beds attached in the middle. Now, if you put a thick mattress pad on it, that might not be so bad, but you could easily feel the springs, and the edge of the mattresses right down the middle of the bed. We both had a horrible night's sleep. You would probably have better luck just getting a double or queen sized bed if it's available.

3. The whole hotel smells a bit musty, and the walls and windows seem pretty thin.

4. All the extras are very expensive. Internet is £15 for 24 hours which is a bit steep, £2.50 for a soda from the bar (in a tiny tiny glass).

On the plus side, the front desk staff was very apologetic and comped our parking (normally £10 a night). Thankfully we only stayed there one night, otherwise we would have requested a room change.

I have included a few pictures for your "enjoyment." I would say, stay here only if you're here for one night... It is near the train station and about 15 minutes walk to the Beatles stuff at Albert Dock. Otherwise, I would choose somewhere maybe like the Premier Travel Inn at Albert Dock or one of the other hotels in the area.

Great Weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member sam_cork

So my friend and I headed back to Liverpool for a girlie weekend, having stayed at the Crowne Plaza (good hotel, fully booked) last time we decided that the Marriott might be a good choice.... and we were right!
Booked into an Exec room, worth the few quid more very spacious.
Staff upon check in polite and friendly, room spotless, concierge helpful and pointed us inthe direction of a fab chinese restaurant just around the corner (The Mandarin - yum!)
Could not have been more central for shopping and bars, fantastic location.
All facilities clean, in working order and well staffed. Did not have to wait for a thing!
My friends credit card was charged in error; instead of mine - this was rectified immediately and apologies were received.

Visted the Met Quarter and enjoyed the latest addition to Liverpool's shopping emporium.
Night out around Concert Square was as good as ever!
Thumbs up to the Marriott, hope your colleagues in Newcastle are as great as I'm heading there in August!

Nice hotel, good location

by TripAdvisor Member TokyoBorn

We stayed there for 4 nights. Won the hotel through Priceline for $90(+tax and fee)/night. Very good price. Our two bedded room on the top (6th) floor was clean and spacious. The queen size beds were pretty comfortable. The receptionists were friendly and efficient. Only complaint we had was about the bathroom, which smelled filthy. Later, we discovered that the smell came from the shower curtains.

The location of the hotel is good; 3 minutes from Liverpool Lime Street. We were able to connect to free wifi provided by the town, which was convenient. Overall, we were happy with the hotel and will definitely stay there if we get a chance.

Nice place, nice location, nice staff

by TripAdvisor Member Paul&Alison

Stayed at the city marriott for two nights in march 2006 with my brother.
Overall I can't really think of a bad thing to say about the place.
The staff on arrival and throughout the stay were very friendly and helpful.
The rooms were well furnished and decorated and the bathroom was large and modern and both were very clean.
Didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food but there's a nice little bar on the ground floor.
Would definately return to this hotel and infact tried to book it for a weekend in august but to our dissappointment it was fully booked so we'll have to settle for something else.

Comments