Merseyview Luxury Apartment

The Anchorage, Liverpool, L3 4DX, United Kingdom

More about Liverpool

Billy Fury memorial, Liverpool, UK.Billy Fury memorial, Liverpool, UK.

Liverpool 1Liverpool 1

Central towerCentral tower

Albert DockAlbert Dock

SuperLambBananna in Liverpool

by littlesam1

I was in Liverpool several years ago with my daughter. We saw the street art statue SuperLambBananna. My daughter loved it and we took several pictures of it. Then we read about a year ago that it had been painted pink for breast cancer awareness. We were just talking and wondering if anyone in Liverpool could let us know what it looks like now. Has it been painted yellow again? Is it still standing?

RE: SuperLambBananna in Liverpool

by SueWarwick

Its got its own website!

RE: SuperLambBananna in Liverpool

by SueWarwick

In answer to your question tho, last I saw he was yellow again and was living near the Albert Dock

by littlesam1

We tend to check in on the lamb every so often to see what is happening to it. We read once where it had been vandalized and then repainted. Then about a year ago we read about the breast cancer awareness painting. For some reason it continues to interest us.

by chieffy

It is still standing and can now be found outside one of the University buildings in Tithebarn Street and it is back to it's original yellow.

by littlesam1

I will send my daughter a link to this forum so she can read the responses. Thanks everyone.

by SueWarwick

He moves around a fair bit does old Lamb Bananna!

by littlesam1

I also read that the Yellow Submarine Statue that was near the docks when I visited Liverpool is now located near the airport. It seems these pieces of street art must have real legs.

larry

RE: RE: RE: SuperLambBananna in Liverpool

by SueWarwick

Yes, the submarine is no right outside Arrivals at the airport.
I remember the old days when it was at the garden festival....that makes me feel old! (-;

by SueWarwick

Yes, the submarine is no right outside Arrivals at the airport.

Sorry - double posting!!

by darkangelrocks

Hi Larry

Its back to being yellow and is located on Tithebarn Street outside Liverpool John Moore's University

After it was painted pink some local pranksters painted it black and white to look like a cow, it was pretty cool and was a few weeks before it was repainted.

I love this statue too its a positive post war message and have photos of my daughter as a little girl standing upright under it, she is now 16 and too tall for such frivolities now!!

Darkangelrocks

by littlesam1

Wow. This thread is over a year old. Glad to see someone new found it after all this time. I guess the SuperLamb lives on.

larry

by Rosstipha

Larry

I thought you would be delighted to see this

The Superlambbananna now has its own festival

enjoy

Ross.

Ross

I am so amazed that this thread keeps getting updated. I started it in Dec 2006. And I have gotten messages on it ever since. Thanks for the update.

Travel Tips for Liverpool

Go to Speke Hall. It's a...

by Zyg

Go to Speke Hall. It's a massive Tudor house that is now a sight seer's house of delights. Visit the ladies room where they read and drank tea, and the gentlemans gaming room. See the haunted bedroom where the lady of the house threw her baby out of the window. Also hear the tale of The Child of Hale (reputed to be over 7 foot tall). You can even take a packed lunch and sit in the lovely grounds once you have seen the house, or have a cup of tea in the Tea Shop.
If you want a purely lazy day, go to Calderstones Park. It's very relaxing just walking around the massive pond, feeding the ducks, visiting the gardens, or just sitting on the grass with an ice cream.

The first chinese to settle in...

by Bluereptile

The first chinese to settle in Britain were during the 18th century. They settled in the areas of Liverpool and London which makes the China Town here the joint oldest one in UK alongside with the London one.

Birkenhead shipbuilding

by William1982

Take a ferry across the Mersey River to Birkenhead, location of the famous ship building at Camel Lairds. From here there is fantastic views over towards Liverpool spread out along the Mersey. There's also the opportunity to step on board HMS Plymouth (1959), a Rothesay-class frigate and HMS Onyx (1966), an Oberon-class submarine. Both the ships are Falklands veterans of 1982. They are located along the Dock Road.

New Club!

by benson_chick about Mood Concert Square

There have been so many new pubs and clubs opening up in the city centre over the past few years, but Mood is fantastic with 3 floors of different music including RnB and Dance.

I went to the opening in June, and stayed on the first floor, the RnB floor, and it was a really good night.

Last week I went out with a big gang of friends, and we stayed on the ground floor, Dance, Chart, 80s, a good mix of fun music to get you up dancing the night away!

I'll have to go back again and try the 3rd floor, i'll let you know what it's like!

Oh and it's £3 entry before 10:30pm, then £4 after that. I'll double check that though, cos I think they were ripping us off last time!! Anything goes in Liverpool!!

Ladies try and show as much flesh as possible ;o)

And fellas, no trainers! This applies to most places in Liverpool City Centre, so be warned, you will be turned away if you are wearing trainers of a night time.

Getting around town

by sticki

Black taxis are pretty cheap and easy to come by, though the drivers don't always know where they're going. Buses are easy enough to use, even for me, who'd never used public transit before. I hear the underground is more hassle than it's worth, though I never actually used the tube. Drivers see no problem with driving or parking on sidewalks. In the city center, everything is totally walkable.

Comments