Premier Inn Liverpool - Albert Dock

East Britannia Building Gower Street Albert Dock, Liverpool, L3 4AD, United Kingdom

Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock
HotelTravel.com Booking.com PremierInn.com

• spidermiss's Profile Photo

A Lovely Stay!

This wonderful hotel at Albert Dock is housed in a wonderful 19th Century Grade 1 listed building. It was convenient for the nearby attractions such as the waterfront area itself, Merseyside Maritime Museum, Beatles Story and Liverpool One.

We paid 121 gbp (March 2013) for our two night stay which excluded breakfast. We had a lovely twin room which looked out to the Liverpool wheel. It was clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable. We had a good night sleep.

There is an on site restaurant/bar where breakfast can be purchased (8.25 gbp (March 2013) and also meals are available throughout the day. Initially, I felt the price for breakfast was extortionate but I was pleasantly surprised with wide range of choices of food and the quality was excellent. Breakfast filled me up for the rest of the day where I didn't need to have another meal so in the end it was a good investment!

Unique Quality: I love the charm and character of the original building especially the structures, bricks and beams and the hotel decor blended in nicely.

I like the fact that the hotel was situated in the heart of Albert Dock and close to the nearby attractions including the lively waterfront. Costa coffee shop is next door so it's a perfect place to get coffee and light snacks to enjoy in your room if you didn't fancy eating out.

Directions: At Albert Dock and off the A5036. The hotel is next to The Beatles Story. It's a 15-20 minutes walk from Liverpool Lime Street Station and 5 minutes walk from Liverpool St James's station (Get a Wirral line train from Lime Street Station to St James's).

• TxDevil's Profile Photo

Beautiful view and great location

I was staying with a friend's family down in Somerset for 3 weeks over Christmas break - and being raised by a Beatles' fanatic, I had to go to Liverpool whilst in England. We rented a car in Taunton then drove up to Liverpool. I had made reservations online for this particular hotel - and didn't expect much for 60 GBP/night ....boy was I surprised.

We walked into the lobby and it was very modern. Nice staff - and a very warehousy feel. Took the lift up to our 4th floor room. Walked inside and our room was quite nice. Exposed brick, queen sized bed, ensuite. Lovely views of the Mersey River.

The next morning - hungover - we went downstairs for the breakfast, which was actually quite good. But, it should have been better for almost 8GBP.

Would definitely stay here again. Great location for walking to the town centre and along the docks. And right next to "The Beatles' Story"

Unique Quality: Love the atmosphere. Exposed brick in rooms and lobby. Nice staff.

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Great price for Albert Dock

Booked in advance and got 2 nights for £60 per night for a double. Comfortable, clean and cozy. The brick walls and ceiling are neat.

No in room movies, bathrobes, clock radio or tolietries. However, there is a bar and restaurant on the first floor. Hot British breakfast or continental breakfast is an extra £8 per day. Worth it if you can get out of bed in time.

Great location on the Albert Dock next to The Beatles Museum. There are many restaurants and bars in this area.

Monday - Thursday, From £58 per night

Friday - Sunday, From £60 per night

• kop-queen's Profile Photo

Quality on a budget

Spotlessly clean, and very well located. Friendly and helpful staff. The Albert Dock is a popular tourist location with a complex of up market shops, restaurants and bars. An easy 10 minute walk to the City Centre.

Breakfast was a hefty additional charge of £7.50 each but was on an all you can eat buffet basis and was good quality. If you have time you could probably find something offering better value nearby.

As a UK budget hotel chain you can't expect the usual niceties that are standard abroad. No toiletries, toothbrushes etc and we had to ask for a 2nd set of towels however these were happily supplied when we asked.

Parking was also a bit of an issue as directly outside the hotel it is Pay and Display and you need a large supply of coins. If you are staying over night the tickets generated only show up to 8am however much you pay but if you ring the help number shown on the machine they take your details to make sure you don't get clamped! I believe that one of the car parks a short walk away does not have an overnight charge but not sure how the daytime works.

We spent 2 nights there and would definitely book it again.

Unique Quality: The rooms of this hotel have been converted from part of the dock buildings and although very modern have retained some of the old brick vaulted ceilings to add to the character. In the corridors leading to the rooms you pass through giant steel doors.

Only a few yards from the entrance door is the Beatles Experience museum.

Directions: Just follow the brown tourist signs to the Albert Dock. Beware that currently there is a lot of construction work underway in the City as part of the improvements for the 2008 Capital of Culture.

More about Premier Inn Liverpool - Albert Dock

If you are a Beatles fan, this is the place for you ...

by TripAdvisor Member jmc1805

With a 15 year old daughter who is a huge beatles fan, her only request was to visit Liverpool on our trip to the UK.

After a lot of researching for accommodation, we chose the Premier Travel Inn.

Great choice. The hotel has been built in a refurbished warehouse on the docks and is fantastic. From the the front doorstep, it is literally 20 paces to hte "Beatles Experience" whcih gets lots of flack on some websites, but was thoughtly enjoyable. (I am definately not a Beatles Fan but still managed to spend three hours in the museum)

Only 5 minutes walk to the centre of town, but quite a nice walk, and they have definately done a great job of the Albert Dock complex. Lots of nice restaurants and very pleasant surrounds.

Breakfast at the hotel a bit dodgy, but adequate.

If you are going to Liverpool, do the Beatles Experience and the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour. As I said, I am not a beatles fan but did manage to get quite emotional when we were taken to Strawberry Fields.

Certainly Liverpool was a highlight of our 5 week trip to the UK, and the Premier Travel Inn contributed to that. As far as Accommodation goes, for the price, it was definitely one of the best value properties we stayed in.

Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member ally7770

Stayed at this Premier Travel Inn with my partner last week.

Fantastic hotel in old converted warehouse building, lots of raw brick in the building and some of the original character. Better quality than the normal standard of travel inn at the same cost. Room was spotless and comfortable although a little smaller than the normal travel inn size - although this is more to do with being a converted building. Reception staff were pleasant and helpful. Back of the hotel looks out over the Albert Dock where Richard & Judy used to broadcast from, although you'll be sadly disappointed if you're expecting to see the floating weather map - it ain't there now!

Location is excellent, just being a 5-10 minute walk from the city centre and only about £3.50 in a taxi. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the surrounding docks area, which appears very much tourist orientated, plus the Beatles Experience and the Liverpool Life Musuem are on your doorstep.

Overall, fantastic value for money given the location and room, and would highly recommended to anyone planning a night or few days in Liverpool.

excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gems30

This hotel is a ten minute walk from the City Centre and is excellent value for money. The beds are very large and comfy. Decor is very contemporary with character. Hotel room was absolutely spotless compared to some 5 star hotels I have stayed in. Staff were very helpful and locals very friendly.

Terrific location and value

by TripAdvisor Member PlazzyKoppite

I live only a few mile from Liverpool city Centre, and with offers/discounts from the premier lodge, it is cheaper to stay overnight in the Albert dock than get a taxi home!

So have a great night on the town - theatre, restauarant, partying, clubbing - and then walk back and sleep it off, hopefully waking to view of the Albert Dock or the now filled in King's Dock, site of the Liverpool Summer Proms and where Paul Mc gave the final show of his world tour.

Love it!

Excellent budget option

by TripAdvisor Member spacekid

I've just had an overnight stay at this hotel and it really is excellent value for money. Due to late-running trains, I didn't arrive at the hotel until just before 10pm and yet they were perfectly happy to serve me in the restaurant (which closes at 10pm). All of the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean with nice features such as exposed brickwork and a good view over the Albert Dock. The continental breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice from cereals to muffins. I would recommend this hotel for business travellers and also couples/friends on a weekend break to Liverpool.

by TripAdvisor Member Sharpattack

Stayed here with my 2 sons (16 & 14). We had a family room and it was the largest I've ever been in. Right in the heart of Liverpool and very reasonably priced. Will certainly be my venue of choice on my next visit.

Great Value and Location!

by TripAdvisor Member BASS174

A great stay , brilliant value.We arrived on a bank holiay sunday and the parking situation was awful, not to mention costly!! Keep plenty of spare change handy as its charged by the hour and not a daily rate. Also we found the breakfast had increased in price since our last visit in February, but still is not bad at £7.99 ! My only complaint here are the pillows, there were four of us and we had a very thin pillow each, a shame as the bed and room were lovely and spacious, my kids loved the view of the liver building. All in all a great value stay. Can highly recommend EST EST EST to dine a truly amazing restaurant, my children were made to feel very special and grown up, brilliant value too. Avoid the ha ha bar and canteen, lousy sevice and even more lousy prices! We as a family love Liverpool and would never think of staying anywhere else!

Route advice Mersey Tunnel

by kevarms

Hi, I will be travelling from Holyhead to Liverpool (Albert Dock area) on Saturday and trying to work out the best route. Which is the best road to get to the Mersey Tunnel? AA route finder is telling me to use the A41 but I take that with a pinch of salt. Would the M53 be better?

While I'm here how bad is the traffic likely to be on Saturday afternoon around the Albert Dock? The hotel I'm staying in (Premier Travel Inn) does not have it's own car park, guests have to use the one across the road apparently and I'm a bit worried I'm not going to get a space.

by DAO

M53 is fast. Parking will be a nightmare. Company Christmas parties have begun and the town will be mobbed with shoppers. Why not take something like National Express or the train? You could get to Lime St Station and have a healthy walk. Try the Wallfields station, may be nearer.

Also there are some car parks (google) that you can reserve over the phone with a credit car over the phone. Also try the NCP website.

Good luck!

by kevarms

Thanks for the very helpful info, M53 it is. I'm coming over from Ireland on the ferry so don't have much choice about the car unfortunately

by DAO

Good luck in your parking quest!

by Rosstipha

The M53 if defo a better route in, which will bring you through the Wallasey tunnel rather than the birkenhead, its not as spectacular entrance to the city as the Birkenhead tunnel, but the docks are signposted from the exit (make sure you get in the right hand lane straight away!) and you will avoid the city traffic and one way systems.

Parking will be busy as the other poster suggests but if there true merseysiders they wont be parked at the docks as we will all be out of the lash! try around the docks make sure you dont pay full price as its cheaper of a night. if not there is a few ncp's about in town, its safe enough to walk back anyway.

by DAO

Hi, you obviously have some helpful local knowledge. Please build some more of your profile and homepage. Welcome to VT and thanks for helping!

All the best,