21 Keel Wharf, Liverpool, L3 4FN, United Kingdom
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Staybridge Suites

No contest.

by TripAdvisor Member Lucky_Oxford

If this is the future of hotels then the future is good.

I am using the free wireless internet and typing this review from my suite on the 6th floor of Staybridge Suites Liverpool.

One week ago when I arrived at check in and gave my surname, the girl immediately knew my first name. The staff are trained differently to normal 3 & 4 star UK hotels and it shows.

This property has two different types of room; Studio Suite or One Bedroom Suite at around £30 extra per night. The fire exit plans show the exact room scales and the One Bed suites are certainly worth the additional premium. The lounges are very spacious.

The kitchen has a fridge, electric hob with extracter fan, microwave, sink and dishwasher but no oven. Plates, dishes, frying pan, saucepan, utentials and cutlery are supplied.

There is a Samsung flatscreen TV in the lounge and another one in the bedroom with around 35 channels on them.

The bathroom has got a deep bath with a shower over it. Fittings are in chrome.

This is the first Staybridge hotel in the UK and in my opinion it highlights the failings of normal hotels.

One word of warning, as this is a new development there is a lot of building work going on in the immediate vicinity.

We Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member AngeJ

We stayed at the Staybridge to attend a concert at the Echo Arena so obviously location was a big factor in choosing this hotel.

Like most of the other reviewers we really loved a lot of things about this hotel, including the yummy breakfast. Location is great for the new convention centre but also the city centre is very easy walking distance for most people to manage. Although the hotel does not have it's own restaurant or bar there are plenty of options, from cooking in your own room or nipping over to the Albert Dock (about 2-5 mins walk) and choosing from the many eateries there.

The kitchen in the suite is great but there were a few odd things - mainly the lack of kettle! Obviously you can use the microwave or hob but in a hotel in England it does seem strange and one can only assume it's because it's an international brand. Of course if you can be bothered there is the (excellent) coffee machine 24/7 in the 'hub' kitchen downstairs and to die for cookies on the reception desk! We didn't have a corkscrew and only one wine glass but I'm sure if we had asked this would have been sorted. I was amazed but very pleased to also find a dishwasher hidden in there and it was super quiet and has a very quick program which was adequate for us as we just ran glasses and mugs through it. We did also wonder how 2 of you would eat at the table/breakfast bar as there was only one chair and a kind of footstool?

The bathroom had only a shower and full size shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Although it's nice to have full sizes I'm a bit unsure about knowing others before you have had them in the shower but maybe that's just me. Considering there is only housekeeping on request at weekends it was a little disappointing that there was only space to hang one towel, I really don't mind re-using towels but only if they can be adequately dried. Pluses in the bathroom though were good counter space, a dim light on the towel shelf that could be left on overnight and there wasn't an annoying fan that stayed on for ages afterwards!

I found the front desk staff very helpful although they were at times overwhelmed. I was particularly impressed with Anne-Marie who dealt with my check-in very smoothly and I was very pleased to have no difficulties getting a parking space in the tiny basement car park.

Finally a friendly warning, be sure to check the website carefully when you book as the tax (VAT) is NOT usually included in the rate shown on a seach page, so while the Staybridge looks like a bargain next to the nearby Holiday Inn Express it will usually work out more expensive. Again I gather this is common outside the UK and I'm not saying it's not worth it but it's nice to know the actual price before confirming the booking!

Would definately stay again

by TripAdvisor Member Demmers73

I would echo most of the points already made by the previous posts. We arrived early (for a one night stay) and there was a room available for us. The reception staff were very helpful and booked us in promptly. The room was immaculate (As all new hotels are i guess) and was well decorated with a decent finish (Modern Bathroom with large shower, LCD TV with internet access and on-demand movies). It has a small kitchenette (Dishwasher, 2 ring hob, fridge, microwave) for which you could make meals and the reception staff are happy to give you take away phone numbers. The room itself was very quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with croissants, bagels, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and sausages, complimentary tea and coffee all day. The kitchen staff were also very helpful and gave me a tray so i could take the breakfast to the room. The secure parking was very handy (but not free) and the location is excellent - just a five minute walk to the Albert Dock and ten minutes to Liverpool One (the new shopping centre).

I would definately use the Staybridge hotel (sorry suites!) again. My only slight gripe is that on both their own internet site and the price comparison ones, the price is shown without VAT and is not until you get to the confirmation screen that you are shown the VAT inclusive price.

5* - Great!

by TripAdvisor Member DominicPearson

Stayed one night for AGM held next door in BT Convention Centre - corporate booking so not sure how much but would pay up to £100 (as opposed to say £60 for a TravelInn).

Rooms amazing and comparable to a number of 5* hotels I have stayed in around the world. Opened in April 08 but everything still pristine.

Best bits - bags/cups supplied for breakfast takeaways - never seen a hotel do this. Payment for small shop is on trust as you need to go to reception to sign for goods - a small thing but this really enforces their customer focussed attitude. You can also order takeaways to be delivered - they even supply the menus and you can eat in your room or the public dining area if you wish.

As a new parent, I also think this format is ideal for parents with babies/ toddlers due to the extra size of room and kitchenette.

Staff were also really friendly and appeared keen for you to make the most of facilities to enjoy your stay.

I was very impressed - I suspect this new aparthotel format may take off in UK just like Travel Inn/Lodge did 15 years ago.

Great hotel concept

by TripAdvisor Member lawhooper

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights for a weekend spent exploring Liverpool. We really enjoyed our stay at Staybridge and it seemed to us to have a very new and innovative approach which suited us very well.

It is very informal and relaxed which does make you feel more at home and free to do as you wish as it's advertising suggests. Even the ability to order in takeaways to your room and get in and out of the hotel without passing reception by using your card gives you this sense of freedom. However at the same time as this 'at home' vibe you still feel that you are having a luxurious stay away due to the high standards in modern decor and cleanliness.

Breakfast had a really nice atmosphere. It was in a modern open plan kitchen and dining area where you help yourself and staff pop in and out bringing more supplies when needed. It was very relaxed with people chilling out reading their papers or watching the morning news on TV.

The location is perfect for the Albert Dock and Echo Arena. However its about a 10 minute walk to the city centre which is easily do-able and wasn't really a problem, although sometimes when we'd had a long day of shopping or it was pouring with rain we felt maybe it would've been nice to be a bit more central.

There were plenty of spaces in the car park underneath the hotel whilst we were there so was no need to use the NCP. It was very secure and handy although we had not realised it would be £8 a night until we arrived.

The room was very nice with brand new and comfortable decor. We didn't make much use of the kitchen other than the fridge and kettle as we were only there for 2 nights but it was nice to have the option there and can see it being of great use for a longer stay. The free wifi connection was very useful to us in looking up places to go whilst there and its especially handy that you can use it through the tv if you don't have a laptop with you. The bathroom only had a shower and I would've quite liked a bath. Our view was an unfortunate one of a brick wall which may have been because we booked quite late so got the worst view!?

The staff were very friendly and helpful but unless you need them they just let you get on with things which was quite nice. I find that some staff in nice hotels tend to be over-attentive and mollycoddling and I like to be more independent.

I thoroughly recommend staying at Staybridge for a refreshing modern take on the hotel experience.

Ideal

by TripAdvisor Member Merman101

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites while at at conference at the Echo Arena - just stumbling distance away. The room was fantastic and with some lovely touches. As a single traveller I felt very comfortable and at home. The 'Managers Reception' each weekday evening was a real treat and I have to admit I struggled to walk past the complimentary cookie jar by the end of my stay.

I think it is a fantastic concept and I've recommended it to all my friends when looking for a city centre stay. The location in Liverpool is great, next to Albert Dock and just a few minutes walk from the City Centre.

Fantastic hotel and location

by TripAdvisor Member stalig

Stayed at this hotel for one night just before Christmas. It is 4 years since we were last in Liverpool, this hotel is new since our last visit. The hotel could not be faulted for quality or location. It is just along from Albert Dock, right night to the Arena and a 10 minute walk to the new Liverpool One area.
We paid 8 GBP for 24 hr parking, this is secure and underneath the hotel.
The room itself was a suite, with a kitchen area, living room area with TV, bedroom - with another TV and bathroom. We thought the quality of the accommodation was superb for the price (we used priority points, but it would have cost 90 GBP).
The rooms was very clean and modern as was the bathroom.
Breakfast was buffet style, very relaxed and plenty of choice. There was also a small shop in the hotel which you could help yourself to the products and write down what you had taken and the cost - which would be added onto you bill.
This is more of a business style hotel, catering for people who are staying for a few days or more, but equally ideal for just an overnight stay. Would recommend and would stay there again.

Deserves to be the no 1 ranked hotel in Liverpool

by TripAdvisor Member johnrgnuk

My partner and I stayed at the Staybridge Suites for a Friday and Saturday night staying in a one bedroom suite. We can both honestly say that it was one of the best experiences we have had. We stayed in room 507 which is a corner apartment with a view over the Albert Dock taking in both the Anglican and Catholic cathedrals - especially nice view at night when they are lit up.

The one bedroom suites are nicely furnished with all the necessities needed for a great stay. The kitchen has a hob, combination oven, fridge and dishwasher. I have to admit I would have liked to have looked in a studio apartment to see how they compared. It was nice though to close the door on the bedroom and chill out in the living room on the comfortable settee or recliner chair.

The only two down sides were that the bed was a bit hard and the lighting in the bathroom was too dark. On the plus side there are two seperate air conditioning units - one for the living room and one for the bedroom - so different temperatures can be had in both rooms. We were not disturbed by any noise from outside the hotel or by fellow guests inside.

There is a laundry room which is free to use and a small gym. There is also a large lounge area adjacent to reception with a log fire and lots of soft chairs to curl up in.

The continental breakfast in the morning was very good and there were two hot options if wanted. On the second morning we took the food up to the apartment for breakfast in bed.

There is a coffee machine that is free to use all day and produces a very nice latte. And on reception there are free cookies all day which again are to be recommended.

There was one member of the reception staff, Lisa, who was outstanding in the customer care she gave and her friendly attitude. Upon reading the literature in the room there were supposed to be some beer in the fridge to welcome new occupants to the apartment. I mentioned that they were not present and Lisa brought them up to the room herself within a few minutes.

The other reception staff were a bit hit or miss. On one occasion we were totally ignored by staff working on the front desk.

If you are staying at the suites Monday - Thursday nights they also have manager events where free food and drinks are served for two hours in the early evening to encouraged socialisation between the residents. A very nice touch!

We would definately stay there again when in Liverpool.

Excellent!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Bunyip08

Have stayed in Staybridge Suites previously in USA so thought I knew what to expect.. this Hotel surpassed previous experiences!!
Immaculate..... booked a a bedroom family suite for 2 adults and 2 teenagers but when we got to room.. it was only a studio. Staff were so apologetic and helpful... could not be annoyed at all....

Hotel is in fabulous position and staff were more than willing to help us with travel directions to shopping and to Anfield.

Breakfast included was superb and plentiful (with 2 hungry teenage boys).

Excellent!!!

first, but not last, trip to liverpool

by TripAdvisor Member katiem111

husband and i spent 3 nights in this great hotel/apartment complex beside the albert dock. king bed, fab shower room, giant tv with sky sports, always a plus, and kitchen with micro/grill, ceramic hob, dishwasher, and all the cutlery and dishes a family of four would need. everything splotless, and we never heard a sound, althought there were possibly few guests given the time of year. the buffet breakfast consisted of every kind of cereal, juices, fresh fruit, breads, bacon, cheese omelettes or scrambled eggs. they also had a little pantry shop where you could buy bread, milk, ready meals etc. if you wanted to cook in your room. what i especially liked was that the lift would take you from your floor to ground level exit without ever having to pass thru reception, just like a private flat. i can not pick fault with any part of our experience and the price was great. albert dock is two minutes walk away, the main bus station is across the road, as is a huge new shopping centre, and the sea is all around. sorry if this all sounds too good to be true, but will definitely be back, but maybe when it is a bit warmer!

Comments