344 Scotland Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L5 5AQ, United Kingdom
Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

More about Throstles Nest Hotel

Basic and firendly

by TripAdvisor Member TommieD

First, I must say that this accommodation is better described as a B&B (Bed and Breakfast) rather than a hotel. Second, its located only a few minutes by taxi from liverpool city centre and there is a bus service also. The area however, is run down with the majority of buildings nearby looking like they have been abandoned. I noticed that the vast majority of building has shutters on all the windows and doors, etc.

The B&B is located above a pub and this too has shutters on all its windows and doors. In fact, during my 2 day stay the pub has no windows as I only ever saw the front door open and the shutter up (the shutters on the windows were not opened, even during the day).

All this seems rather negative, however, once inside the building the staff are very very friendly, the rooms are clean as is the whole establishment. There was a very good choice for breakfast with an excellent "full english" on offer. There is free net access and wi-fi. Our room was comfortable and warm and again, very clean. The en-suite provided shower facilities. There is TV with a wide number of UK channels available.

Breakfast is served fro 7.30 to 9 (8 to 9.30 sat/sun). Checkout is rather early at 10.30 (but the staff were very kind to allow us an extra half hour).

Everything considered, we had a very good time in Liverpool and this establishment suited our needs very well.

Throstles nest hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Philbasford

I wouldnt call this a hotel more a b+b, but was a good place to stay. Room was clean and comfortable, staff were very pleasent and extremely. Litterally 5 minutes into city centre by bus. The place also had free wi-fi was a bonus!

I think the only thing that lets the hotel down is the area which is rather run down.

The hotel is like a tardis . not much from the outside but once inside all is good

I would certainly stay here again if i came to liverpool as it was well priced and convienant

An excellent central hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GlasgowWilliam

My wife and I stayed at this hotel with our 3 children. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and told us where to go and just as importantly where not to bother.
The room we stayed in was a quad (our two youngest children shared a bed sleeping at either end) and excellent value. The room has all the facilities you need for a short city break.
The cooked breakfast was very good and a good selection of cereals and juices, etc.
The location is very good as it is extremely central. A man called 'Kevin' who works on reception in the morning has a fantastic knowledge of the local and surrounding area and can tell you all the best places to visit.

A homely welcome

by TripAdvisor Member CHINKYDUDE

It was my first time to travel to liverpool and I had a struggle finding a good place to stay.. one with WIFI access as well as breakfast. Thanks to the magic of internet -- I found Throstle's nest. It met all my requirements so I booked for two nights.

I have read all other reviews and I've seen the nasty ones, but I still went on, as I had a good feeling about the place. Throstles Nest is not a five star hotel - but it has this homely ambiance that can make any weary traveller feel "at home." The staff are very kind and helpful, and the manager very understanding and accommodating. What else can I say? The room was comfy and the full english breakfast was prepared in style and in good taste. I'm not an avid fan of English Food -- but this I really enjoyed. What I liked most is the way the staff go out of their way to help. This is something which I think is difficult to come by, especially these days.

To the staff of Throstles Nest, keep up the good work and more power!

This is Sevak

by TripAdvisor Member sevakian

Well, Im writing this review from the hotel room so my ideas are basically very fresh. I was expecting less from this hotel actually, but to be honest it had everything I needed. Sure its not a big luxury place, for me, its very clean, very calm, it has good free internet, good breakfast, there's a pub downstairs, a betting shop, spacy rooms, good tv, and a great location, near town, and near anfield, what else could u ask for?

Exceded expectations

by TripAdvisor Member wpower01

Could not find fault with the hotel.Staff were excellent as was the food.Conveniently located within walking distance of Anfield and bus stop outside the door to bring you to the city centre.Cant wait to visit here again

William

Excelllent staying at Throstles Nest Liverpool

by TripAdvisor Member MATSOUKIS

I stayed at this hotel for a week and everything was perfect. Not only Kevin, the manager, but all the staff are extremely nice, helpful and hospitable people. The rooms are good and comfy, the breakfast delightful and prices unbeatable. Very good and frequent bus connection to the city centre. I really enjoyed my staying at this hotel in all respects.

loved it

by TripAdvisor Member adamh86

The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful in all aspects. Wonderfull choice at breakfast and very clean rooms with all facilities needed for a stay away from home and plenty of heating, very warm and cosy. The parking areas were safe and free . . .bonus. Taxi's were easy to flag down off the main road where the hotel is located, or reception would ring through and order to preferences the most we paid was £3.30 into the city centre, at night you can expect to pay that little bit extra, but no much more. 14 of us stayed overnight and not 1 complained . . . Can't be bad, especialy when 2 girls were within the group.

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lildubh

Very friendly staff make this a great little hotel. The rooms are clean and cosy and it's a mighty breakfast with good selection of cereals, fruit and of course the fry up

DO NOT STAY HERE!

by TripAdvisor Member tarama

Do not stay at this hotel! It shouldn't even be called a hotel! Its in a bad area and the manager is rude! The rooms are terrible.
DO NOT BOOK THIS DUMP!!!!

Dan Flavin discovers the flourescent bulbDan Flavin discovers the flourescent bulb

St.Luke's ChurchSt.Luke's Church

from the docksfrom the docks

It shows I have actually been to LiverpoolIt shows I have actually been to Liverpool

Travel from Manchester Airport to Liverpool

by IrishRed

Hi, Can anybody tell me if there are any trains or buses that go direct from manchester airport to Liverpool City Centre. And also what hotels (cheap) would be best to stay in liverpool.Am going over to Anfield and its my first time travelling. Thanks

RE: Travel from Manchester Airport to Liverpool

by lucyb77

Hi, I am fairly sure there are direct trains - if not just grab a train to Manchester Piccadilly - they are very frequent from there.

Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk and enter the details and it will give you the times of the trains.

by Ritchie_Lionheart

Lucy is correct. If you just miss the direct train from the airport to L'pool, use ANY train to Manchester Piccadilly, where you will catch the next available connection to Liverpool-Lime Street Station (Liverpool's main central station).

by willied

Approximately how much would a taxi be from the airport to Liverpool city centre?

by Ritchie_Lionheart

A taxi from MAN to Liverpool city centre? I would imagine anythinh$g between 70 and 100 pounds (you also have to pay for the return of the taxi).

Comments