98 Lord Street, Southport, PR8 7JR, United Kingdom

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Vincent

Wonderful Vincent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member watty77

This was a much needed break following my husbands long battle with cancer.
The hotel is beautiful & modern but still has a soul! The staff are very attentive to all your requirments & the stay from check in to check out was seamless.
The beds are wonderfully comfortable & the bed inen devine !
It is well placed on Lord St ~~for all the shopping !!
Breakfast was delicious~ & it iwas nice to eat & watch the world go by.
We have travelled extensively around the world ,staying at some very exclusive places & we would rate the Vincent among them Well done !
We will visit again X
A visit to the warehouse restaurant is a most ~~Great food & lovely staff (its just across the road)

Terrible treatment.

by TripAdvisor Member mwh73

My husband and I booked a room at The Vincent hotel 4 weeks in advance. We got an excellent deal on a room and were extremely excited to visit this hotel. Four days from today we were supposed to be staying at the Vincent.

This afternoon I got a phone call from the Reservations Manager telling me they were cancelling my reservation!

She (the Reservations Manager) refused to give me any explanation whatsoever except that it was all The Vincent Hotel's fault.

She said that they would put us up in another hotel provided the cost didn't exceed what we had booked their hotel room for. The alternative hotel she offered to me is very low standard.

This was all I was offered - there was no alternative weekend at The Vincent offered, no offer of a bit of extra cash being thrown in by The Vincent to ensure we would be staying in a hotel equally nice to The Vincent, nothing.

In short, The Vincent treated us appallingly.

Fantastic weekend.

by TripAdvisor Member CaptainTongo

Just experienced a fantastic weekend stay at The Vincent. From the wonderful reception and valet parking to the room service and bar and restaurant we found everything first class.We actually managed to get a deal on a V-Residence room and were more than happy. A huge and comfortable bed was the star.
Nothing was too much trouble including Oysters and Champagne delivered by room service late on Saturday night. Even the valet parking was extended to accomodate my late arrival after work.
If there is a tiny criticism, from my female partner's point of view an illuminated mirror would be perfect, as the mood lighting is too low for applying make-up. A small point, but one echoed by a couple of female friends.
That aside we had a great time. The Tony McGee bar is cool and has a great atmosphere and the Lancashire Rarebit in the V-Deli is a must try.
Would definitely recommend for a weekend stay.

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MissMWarrington

This was a lovely hotel. All the staff were helpful and very friendly.
We had a Corner studio. The bed is fantastic and the bathroom had a massive bath which was brilliant. We ordered breakfast in bed which was actually quite reasonable, on time and hot. The mini bar wasn't to expensive either. The only problem i had with the room is the lighting is rather dark which is fine untill you try to apply make-up as there is no dressing table a such. There is a table and chair but not facing a mirror. Apart from that every thing else was great.

The restuarant is a must !. It was fanatastic!

I would definately recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member romatravel

What a fantastic find, we love Southport and now we have found a wonderful hotel to stay in too.

Very modern and very clean. The super kingsize bed was soooo comfy and a big tv on the wall at the end of the bed with a great selection of free films. Only one complaint they have a fancy coffee making machine...why not have a kettle...it doesn't produce hot enough water for a proper cup of tea???

Nice bed but mean hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member queensguide

Good sized bedroom, featuring a large, very comfortable bed with quality bedding. Efficient air-con. "White Company" toiletries. Room was quiet as on 3rd floor, overlooking an alleyway. Polite staff.

It is perhaps fortunate that oxygen is sold in the minibar as the small, high-sided "japanese bath", with shower screen requires a degree of athleticism and accuracy to climb out of.

Coffee is £1.00 per pod. We were given only ONE teabag instead of a hospitality tray which makes the Vincent possibly the meanest hotel I have ever stayed in, anywhere in the world!

Breakfast was not included, and at £2.95 for a bowl of cocopops, I would recommend walking to a nearby cafe.

The room was fully prepaid through a booking website, but at check in we were asked to provide a credit card complete with PIN authorising up to £50 additional spending. Together with the "bouncer" type security/ doormen, first impressions are not entirely luxurious.

AMAZING!!

by TripAdvisor Member wales4you

Booked the room through the hotel's own website, taking advantage of their special offer. We were not disappointed. We were welcomed by very warm reception staff who checked us in very quickly. On reaching our room we were absolutley stunned by the size of the bed. The photo's really dont do it justice. We stayed in a -v-studio, which had floor to ceiling windows overlooking lord st. The little touches like the Nesspresso coffee machine, the well stocked mini bar and the free movies really helped this place stand out. Though I do feel the prices of some of the contents in the mini bar were a little extreme.
But the hotel itself, just had a really nice atomsphere to it. Everything is of the highest standard, and coupled with the excellent staff, this really is THE place to stay in Southport at the moment.
We are local people, and this was a little extra christmas box for the missis, and boy, am i in the good books now.
Well done Vincent!! Hope to return again soon.

Star in Southport

by TripAdvisor Member Svestka

Nice new hotel, with great modern design. Little bit more expensive restaurant but generaly perhaps one of the best choice in Southport. During my stay I had free internet, all premium movies, fitness. Staff is very nice and ready to help.

Classy, tasteful and welcoming

by TripAdvisor Member kobyfab

My husband booked this hotel after it was recommended to us by a friend, and now i feel the need to recommend it myself. They have a meet and greet service at the door (no extra charge) so basically you are looked after from the moment you arrive. The hotel is very tastefully decorated to the highest standard and is spotless. We origionally booked a corner 'v' studio but due to the fact we had our three year old with us, they upgraded us to a regular (bigger) 'v' studio so we could fit an extra bed in there.The room was very spacious with a super king size bed - which might i add was the most comfortable bed i've ever / and probably will ever sleep in. There is a hot tub in the bathroom with a power shower and all the toilettries you could possibly need. Hair dryers and irons are also provided. There was a great mini bar in the room along with extras such as; a digital camera! However i only had a small bottle of coke out of the fridge and that was about £2.40, so i hate to think how much the mini digital camera would be. The location of the hotel is perfect as it is central to all the shops, resturants and bars. There is a great indoor waterpark 'Splash World' just 10 mins walk along the promenade...great for kids and even we loved it. I would also recommend the 'Grand Palace' chinese restaurant, as the food was fantastic and the service was great. And also the 'Portland Hall Spa' which was just around the corner, (my husband treated me to some pampering). Although the hotel does do all the treatments, the Portland was cheaper and more to our budget. I was really looked after and had a great facial and massage. We didn't eat at night in the hotel but breakfast was buffet style and of excellent choice, everything you could possibly want and delicious. We stayed on the fifth floor of the hotel and got a lovely view across the bay, the higher you can get the better. The sixth floor are the penthouses and are sometimes used by 'Ok' magazine for photo shoots etc. Although the hotel is very posh and respectable, it is comfortable and friendly. It wasn't a problem for our three year old to be there, and he was made a fuss of by the staff. There was nothing we didn't like about this hotel, it was expensive and drinks at the bar were expensive but you are treated like a VIP and so i think its worth it. There is no doubt that this is a 5* hotel and we'll definately be back in the summer.

Loved the Bed

by TripAdvisor Member gormetchefno2

Just returned from a 1 Night Stay at the Vincent.
Great Rooms "Loved the Bed" Good Service.
Great Location. Disliked the Offsite Parking @12.50 Overnight