The Ugly Bug Inn

High House Farm Lane, Norwich, NR9 5DG, United Kingdom
The Ugly Bug Inn
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Norwich

Chains, used to restrain prisonersChains, used to restrain prisoners

where are the double-deckers?where are the double-deckers?

Boat Cruise in Norwich by City Boats - when to be at the Quay?

by christine.j

I would like to take the sightseeing boat through Norwich by City Boats. It's scheduled to depart from Elm Hill Quay at 11:15 am.There's a train which arrives in Norwich at 10:30.
How long does it take to walk from the train station to Elm Hill Quay? It doesn't look very far on the map, but I don't know how early I would have to be at the quay.
Departure and arival times are subject to the tide, it says on the website.
Has anyone done a cruise with them? Did the boat leave earlier than scheduled?

by puerto_lover

Time and tide wait for no man. Or so the saying goes. I just read that the boat leaves from right opposite the railway station at 10.45 and takes you to Elm Hill Quay . Well its not a long boat ride but will give you a flavour of the river and you can the walk up from the quay through Elm Hill to get into centre.

by christine.j

Thank you for your reply. The boat leaving at 10:45 just offers a 20 minute tour, while the other one is one hour. Ideally I would like to take the long tour in the afternoon, but then I'd be late for my train back. So I'll try to catch the morning tour.

by leics

I am sure you could get the 11.15 boat, Christine. I very much doubt it will leave any earlier than advertised on the pdf download brochure. If that was a possibility then they would put a 'rider' on the leaflet to warn people.

It looks like a 20/25 minute maximum walk to me, so you should have ample time to catch that boat.

by johngayton

Don't confuse "Station Quay" with "Elm Hill Quay" - Station Quay is a couple of minutes downhill from the railway station whilst Elm Hill is a good 20 minute walk if you skirt the city centre, a little longer if you follow the river round to it. www.norwichweb.com has a nice simple schematic map, although it doesn't show the quays as such.

Enjoy Norwich - it's a nice town!

by christine.j

Thank you both. A 20/25 minutes walk is no problem, if the train is on time I can even get lost once.I'm sure I'll catch the boat. I like boat tours and I'm looking forward to this one.

by christine.j

Just to let you know: The train I had planned to take didn't run, as there was a strike. I had to take another one, which got into Norwich some time later, managed to walk too far, got confused by the signposts, but still ended up at the right quay in time for the boat - which was also late. The tour through Norwich was very good, informative and interesting, and I even saw a kingfisher fly by!

by leics

Glad you made it ok......suspected you might. :-)

Excellent to see a kingfisher!

Travel Tips for Norwich

The worst meal of my life

by TonyBagnall about Tootsies

This is a burger place next to the new Chaplefield shopping centre. I had a tasteless burger (I dread to think what it was made from). The chips were greasy. A real let-down. Go to Wagamama's which is next door instead. Tootsie's is a disgrace, I felt throughly ripped off when I Ieft. The food was inedible. Don't go to this place it will spoil your day!

Comments