Murray House

Booking.com Travelocity

Wonderful stay every time

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 12, 2011

Having a job which required me to stay in Harrogate a few nights a week for 6 months, I was very much in need of somewhere good to rely upon. Murray House came recommended by a colleague, and it was everything I needed and more.

All of the rooms are clean, light and well-supplied (tea/coffee etc. and chocolate biscuits - very much appreciated after a long day at work!), the en-suites have nice hot powershowers, there is on-street parking (they give you a permit) and the location is easy walking distance for the town centre (takes about 5 minutes to most places).

The breakfast was great (the bacon, cheese and mushroom omelette was my favourite). They have a good selection (cereals/fruit etc. or cooked) and serve Betty's tea and coffee (to my shame I got into a habit of having an entire pot-full every morning).

However, the best thing about Murray House is definitely Tracey and Neil's wonderful hospitality. They are extraordinarily accommodating (as well as being geuinely lovely) and did so much to make sure I had a good stay; I can truthfully say that I didn't have a bad night there for the whole 6 months.

Unique Quality: Very powerful showers, lovely proprietors.

Directions: Roughly town centre

Nearby Murray House

Murray House

• Murray House Hotel Harrogate

Address: 67 Franklin Road, Harrogate, HG1 5EH, United Kingdom

Amenities at Murray House

• Free Parking

Harrogate Travel Forum

Need advice about Harrogate, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Harrogate and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Harrogate hotel reviews