Rudding Park, Follifoot, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 1JH, United Kingdom

Rudding Park Hotel
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Unconditional Praise

As an experienced user of good hotels there is no doubt in my mind that this is one of the finest hotels in England. From the reception we received on arrival to our departure three days later we were treated like old friends. The well trained staff and immaculate surroundings create a unique atmosphere the like of which we have not found elsewhere. The hotel is really a new build, the old house being the function suites, but it all hangs together. We only hope that the proposed extensions are not going to make the place too big and change its atmosphere. The food here is exceptional – and the locals know it as they stream in each evening – book your table if you want to eat early. The bedrooms are well appointed and free newspapers and Wi-Fi are included. Do visit the lovely private chapel and walk in the grounds. The mark of a good hotel is how well they recover from difficult situations and a small problem we encountered was quickly, quietly and professionally resolved. We will certainly return here again and unconditionally recommend it to everyone we know.

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Unconditional Praise

More about Rudding Park Hotel & Golf

Fantasic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jc_palmer

My wife and I stayed at the Rudding Park Hotel to celebrate our first valentines day since our wedding. The hotel is magnificent!! We stayed in a superior leisure double room which was fantastic. The evening dinner was included in the price and the food was first class. I read some of the reviews stating that the food was not up to scratch, but I could not disagree more based on our stay. Breakfast in the morning was delicious also. We could not recommend this hotel more. Harrogate itself is a beautiful town and you must go to the infamous Betty's tea shop.

An excellent hotel with beautiful grounds ..... we could not fault it.

Fantastic wedding venue

by TripAdvisor Member willclan

Our daughter and her new husband had their marriage ceremony at Rudding Park. We had a large number of guests who stayed the night at the hotel. As we were from Australia, a lot of the organisation of the wedding took place over the Internet.

From a parent's perspective, the hotel did a great job at organising the function, from the wedding service in the drawing room, drinks in the bar, and the reception upstairs in the Crosby Suite. The Duty Manager co-ordinated the function, and was exceptionally good. The meal was excellent. If you are considering getting married here, do so as you will not be disappointed, it is a great venue.

On the hotel side, the rooms are luxurious, plenty of room, facilities are first class. The only problem we had was with breakfast, where we had to ask three times to get some toast provided, it was all too hard for the waiter.

Overall, highly recommended.

Quality Establishment makes amends....

by TripAdvisor Member hotelstopper

After a previous stay at the Rudding Park hotel I found myself dissapointed with an oversight made on out of date bottles in my mini-bar.

I was contacted promptly by the Managing Director on two occasions [by letter] offering and extending an apology for the oversight. We were also given time for a complimentary stay at the hotel, to include meal and breakfast. This was not only a very pleasing opportunity but a chance to resolve an unpleasant situation.

The service was prompt and quality of food in The Clocktower resteraunt was delicious and immaculate in presentation. Room service was as eager to help as ever! The rural surroundings are delightful, providing a sense of being isolated but still only a stone's throw away from Harrogate, Wetherby, Leeds and surrounding areas.

All things considered, this is a fine establishment and clearly with the customer's satisfaction in mind. I will be going back to stay at the hotel. Thank you for making amends!!

Best hotel we've ever visited

by TripAdvisor Member tudornut

We found this hotel outstanding in every respect. We visited as a party of 10 to celebrate our parents' diamond wedding anniversary.

We were met as we arrived and all luggage taken swiftly and without fuss to the various rooms. The rooms were superb and we were thrilled
to find the hotel had decided to upgrade my mum and dad to a suite. It made the weekend for them.

The flowers and champagne were in the room for them as arranged – again, another thing that could have gone wrong but didn’t.

The hotel itself and the grounds were beautiful, and in the restaurant the food and, importantly, the service was excellent on both nights and the breakfast first class both mornings. The diamond wedding cake was brought out at exactly the right time, and we were delighted that the chef had written ‘Happy Anniversary’ in chocolate on the plate of chocolates served with the coffee. A lovely touch.

In particular, I must praise the staff who were ALL brilliant – polite, anxious to please and always ready with a smile. I must give
special mention to Vicky Tann who really looked after us well the whole weekend.

We played golf, and found the course challenging but excellent, and in first class condition.

When you bring a party of 10 away, there is inevitably something that
goes wrong somewhere with the rooms, the food, the service. . . but not at Rudding Park. In short, a perfect stay.

On the basis of our stay, I would recommend Rudding Park to anyone.

Great Hotel, Great Golf

by TripAdvisor Member whimbrelboy

This is a wonderful Hotel, (good enough for Bill Clinton). Helpful friendly staff and great food in the restaurant. Golf course is wonderful especially when the sun shines. Only down side is the lesiure facilities are in the town (approx 10 mins). Would Highly recommend.

by TripAdvisor Member nick47

Stayed for a weekend break in Feb 07, on a dinner B&B deal - £160. Had a great stay! Rooms, and service were exceptional.

Whole stay was a bargain. Food in the restaurant was good, not superb and probably not worth the menu prices, but as part of the special rate, was good value for money. Breakfast was really good.

Would highly recommend, dont stay anywhere else in Harrogate.

Lovely Hotel but Food Service Could Be Better

by TripAdvisor Member Madison_Stargate

My husband and I stayed at Rudding over the Easter weekend and this is a very honest review of our night there.

We decided to treat ourselves to a superior room - and this was a good decision. The room was enormous, but the only downside was the location was dreadful... Ground floor overlooking the car park on one side and a delivery area on the other. I would have hoped that for nearly £200 a night we would have had a view over part of the 2000 acres. But not to be...

Whilst in the room with all the curtains drawn (had to as people were parking directly outside the room and could see straight in) everything was lovely. Stunning bathroom with an incredible shower, great toiletries (Molton Brown) and all very clean.

Good tea and coffee facilities, nice biscuits. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and we liked the fact that we could listen to our own CDs as well as the large selection on the interactive TV system. All in all our experience of the room was a very good one.

We went for dinner in the Clocktower Restaurant and this didn't quite come up to the standard of the room. I feel that the food service lets down the experience of the hotel as a whole.

As locals we have eaten there previously and been to some weddings in the main house. I am not a fussy eater under any circumstances however I only ever had one good meal there. This time I went along with an open mind, hopeful that it would be better as a resident.

Generally staff were polite but certainly not as attentive as they should be in this sort of hotel. Far too many of them have no grasp of the English language whatsoever so if you ask them for something simple (such as mustard or more sauce) they look panicky and run away. The waiter who served our main course didnt actually speak at all, just put the plates down and walked away. We had ordered a roast, mine came with no gravy - meaning we then had to find a member of staff to bring us some (and she didnt look too happy about being asked to do this!)

Nobody came to ask us if the meal was alright, to be honest we felt fairly ignored by the staff. Sorry, I don't expect this in a hotel of this standard. The meal was adequate (but no roast can be worth £15.00, it really wasn't that great!)

OK, whinge over, I just felt it was necessary to say this as it's something the hotel needs to address.

We had a very peaceful nights sleep. Slept in longer than expected (we had booked our early morning call for 8.45 but didnt get it til 9.20 so nearly missed breakfast!)

Breakfast was a good selection of cold buffet and served hot food. Not so many problems with the staff at breakfast...

Checkout was great, very pleasant young man who asked if we'd enjoyed our stay and seemed genuinely interested.

Overall this was a great location for a night away with husband - however if you want to stay somewhere where you can go into town or have anything close by then this is not the place for you. It is very isolated but pleasantly quiet.

And I'm sorry - but it isn't worth the money! There are gorgeous hotels in the town centre of Harrogate which charge significantly less and provide some beautiful accommodation. I have a sneaking feeling that Rudding is a little like the king's new clothes - nobody dare say that it isn't really all that great and it's overpriced for what it is...

If you are coming to Harrogate and looking for a lovely hotel with more going on then I'd say try the Crown, which following it's refurb has changed completely!

fantastic place.

by TripAdvisor Member tommysammie

While we haven't actually stayed in the hotel, we have stayed in the campsite owned by the hotel and used the facilities.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a friendlier, more well situated place. The place is pristine in every way. Food served is also lovely.

The site is VERY child friendly, has loads of parks and grassy areas where ball games are allowed (for a change!)

The pool is lovely although there is a small charge for this. The site has a small, lovely presented pub serving well priced food

Showers are very, very clean and there is also a bath and a small sink like bath to wash small babies.

Overall, the best campsite we've ever stayed on.

Comments