St. Nicholas Cliff, Scarborough, YO11 2ES, United Kingdom
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Scarborough

Northern TrainNorthern Train

Moors Bus at Moors Visitors Centre, DanbyMoors Bus at Moors Visitors Centre, Danby

Yes, I turned the flash off! :)))Yes, I turned the flash off! :)))

Scarborough sceneScarborough scene

Travel Tips for Scarborough

Scarborough

by sandysmith

Two large bays separated by a harbour and headland make up the lovely Scarborough seaside resort. South Bay is the oldest resort area with arcades, gift shops and cafe's, and lifts to take you down to the beach and the promenade from the town above. The North Bay is normally more popular with surfers, being more open - however we saw more surfers in the South Bay during our visit.

Walled Garden at Scampston

by Britannia2

Scampston is an English country house set in 18th century Capability Brown parkland . The house has a wealth of art treasures and fine Regency architecture. However the house is famous for its famous gardens and parkland and although the house is worth seeing the gardens are the real treasure here. Dutchman Pit Oudolf has planted imaginative gardens with an innovative approach in the 4.5 acre grounds with a series of hedged enclosures and inside the enclosures an individual garden.

King Richard lll House

by sandysmith

On the south shore bay this restaurant is part of a 14th century house where King Richard lll is said to have stayed when visiting the town on naval business. Today its a great place to have tea in historical building.

Everything Changes & Nothing Changes

by steventilly

"Everything Changes..."

We used to go to Scarborough every year for our annual holiday, but since I became "independant" I've hardly been - I can't remember the last time.
Well, I went recently and oh how much it has changed. For one thing, there is now a fantastic castle towering above the town - if that was there when I was small I sure never saw it ;-) And the fantastic busy fishing harbour, and pleasure trips, and yacht marina, and the Church with it's grave of Anne Bronte...
I'm being a bit ironic here of course - those things were always there, we just didn't notice them - I guess as kids we were more interested in the beach, the "shows", the chips and the waffles. Which brings me to...

"And Nothing Changes"

Things were just exactly as I remember as a child. I could go straight to the chip shop where we bought our chips 30 years ago, and to the waffle shop in the North Bay where it seemed we used to go every day.
And they still have band recitals and World War 2 naval battles in Peasholm Park, and the miniature railway, and cable cars, and the outdoor swimming pool still looks cold...
Ah yes, nothing ever changes,

"Walking Tour"

Probably the best way for me to show you Scarborough is via a walking tour, basically the way we did it starting from the South Bay and heading down to Scalby Mills at the far North, and taking in pretty much all there is to see along the way.

Comments