The Ambassador Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about The Ambassador Hotel

Fun last-minute getaway

by TripAdvisor Member Davis5757

My daughter and I booked The Ambassador Hotel for a weekend mini-break, before she goes to university. We had a great time! The Leisure Facilities were clean, warm and very relaxing. The new sauna was an added bonus! The hotel is so close to the shops and the beach and has the perfect Scarborough sea-view. We stayed in a standard twin room and found the facilities very comfortable.

Practical & Very Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member poppz

a great hotel in a great location ,
rooms (single & double ) very CLEAN & COMFORTABLE with all you need.
value for money, nice clean 40ft swimming pool , sauna etc & good night time entertainment within.
we only had breakfast after a one night stay , but it was run very proffesional and a good choice of buffet style 'nice'
cant fault anything .
people who come on here saying bad things obviously are not
well travelled , in london this would be £250 per night per couple.
i would stay here again anytime.after they accomodated for a 6 month old baby with a new travel cot .
thanks

M,P.P & A

dont go if they have a function on they cant cope

by TripAdvisor Member happytotell

stayed there with a party of friends cost me £3000 plus for my guests and the service was really poor if they have a function on there is no room service and you cant get served at the bar, they should invest in charm school for the reception staff and the owner of the hotel , shame for Scarborough to have such a Hotel it will give it a bad name they need to get sorted

an accommodation disgrace

by TripAdvisor Member jerusalemOxfordshire

on arriving at the jewel of the yorkshire seaside resorts, the hotel commands a view to die for and a fasard to grace any hotel advertisement. sadly that's where it ends for the ambassador hotel. the tired and uncared for decor hardly even prepares you for the accommodation, which is the most unpleasant place i have had the misfortune to stay. the hotel demand £120 for a wall rear view and £135 for the chest high sea view, a price my family and i had been prepared to pay for all three rooms as hotel reviews were encouraging. now if you are put off by carpet in the ensuit facility these days or tea stains down the wall next to the bin and a carpet that hadn't seen a hoover, then the ambassador hotel is not for you. the rooms are thoroughly uncleanencouragingly the questionaire we filed with them has seen a response and the general manager "i can assure you that we shall endevour to act on the comments you made and rectify them"
good luck!

Better than I expected

by TripAdvisor Member allwaysonholiday

After reading some of the bad reports of this hotel, we were a bit apprehensive.....However I can report that we had a fantastic time, meals were great, and we were looked after so well by the waiter Steven, nothing too much trouble for him...The hotel is within easy reach of all the great places to visit, and Scarborough is great.....We will return..!

by TripAdvisor Member G_S_T_D_travels

We have stayed at the hotel many times over the last 8 years. This year we stayed ae 'usual' two days between Xmas and new year. We opt for the best room at the front with excellent view of beach and town/castle.

We like
- the convenient position to the town with the often bracing walk in to the town/beach

- the swimming pool

- the food (both breakfast and evening meal were excellent this year)

- the victorian style of house/rooms

as always we and the children would recommend

Would I go again? Yes without a doubt

by TripAdvisor Member cowmad

On impulse my wife and I decided on impulse to book for a Monday to friday break and take my mother and father in law. it is not the easiest taking two disbled people in the 70s & 80s, I discussed my requirements with the hotel who assured me they could accomodate my requirements. well I wasnt dissapointed, It was obviously a quiet time of the year and an amount of renovation was being carried out which did not interfer with our holiday at all.
The waiters were very friendly and went out of their way to make our parents comfortable and feel at ease.
The rooms were clean comfortable and our three rooms were pleaseant with nice furnishings .
We made use of the pool which is clean and tasteful, unfortunately my mother would have loved to have gone in the pool , but due to her dissabllity was unable, although the hotel dosn't claim to be a disabled hotel but just disabled friendly, which it is.
Would I go again? yes
Would I reccomend the hotel? i already have.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Keany

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. We booked a front premier room which had an amazing sea view. The room was lovely and clean and had everything we required. We only stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast was fantastic. It was a hot buffet, along with cereals, toast etc and all overlooking the sea. in fact this was one of the reasons we booked this hotel. The bar is at the front and again has a lovely sea view. We even managed to use the swimming pool and spa bath ths time, very relaxing. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We will definately be staying here again and hopefully this year.

great trip

by TripAdvisor Member dORAN

I spent 3 nights at the Ambassador and had a lovely time. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I had a spectacular sea view. The staff were very nice and extremely helpful from the maids to the bar staf to the waiters and management. Nothing was too much trouble. The dining room was clean and the waiter service was spot on. I had a smashing breakfast, the food was hot and so were the plates. Would certainly stay there again.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member beez30

Stayed at the Ambassador for a couple of nights in mid June and found the hotel was very good.
Don't come here if you're expecting The Ritz but if you want a good value, clean and friendly Hotel in an excellent position with a fabulous sea view then this is the place to come.
Good clean rooms (not huge but perfectly adequate size), excellent breakfast with friendly and helpful staff, good sized bar with a fair price tariff and the added bonus of a swimming pool and sauna.
Will definitely return. Hopefully more sooner than later.

Still a nice view on grey days, but great in sun!Still a nice view on grey days, but great in sun!

The Harbour and CastleThe Harbour and Castle

Thatched cottage near the riverThatched cottage near the river

shallow harbourshallow harbour