The Crescent, Belvoir Terrace, Scarborough, YO11 2PP, United Kingdom

Booking.com Hotels.com Priceline.com

• Brilliant Hotel

The Crescent was our Hotel for this years Rotary Conference. Hote, rooms, staff, food were of the highest standard.

We have already booked for next year with increased occupancy due to a wonderful weekend

Many thanks

Bill Stevenson President 2011/12

Directions: Cdentrally Located

• Central location

This is a well run family hotel. The staff are very friendly and would do anything to help you. The food is of a very high standard and can even accommodate the little ones. The rooms are clean and spacious. the hotel is situated two minutes walk from the town centre and 5 minutes from the beach. I would strongly reccommend this hotel to everyone.

Unique Quality: Some of the views from the rooms are selective. If you happen to have one of the rooms at the front of the hotel then you look over a pleasant and quiet park.

• TJS1's Profile Photo

A fine Hotel in a Great Location

As soon as you arrive at the Crescent you know you made a good choice. It's well situated for Transport Links – Bus / train, Restaurants, Theatre, Shopping, Sea Front and beach.
    Personal service is obviously high on the list of priorities for the Crescent and I was made very welcome by all staff – you feel like a customer, rather than one of a crowd.
    My Room was a good sized (and very clean) single with plenty of storage space, Flat Screen TV, in room Wi-Fi, and a pleasant view out onto the crescent and gardens from my balcony.
    There was also a good sized en-suite bathroom with modern fittings, and again very clean.
    Breakfast was served in the “Reflections” restaurant and was adequate with a “help yourself” choice of fruit juices, Fruit, yogurt and water, followed by table service of your choice from the grill including a full or partial English, Kippers, and my favourite of smoked Haddock with poached egg. Washed down with your choice of tea or coffee.
    I did not use the restaurant for my evening meal, however the menu looked good and most of the customers I met later in the lounge were local residents and regular users of the Reflections restaurant – speaks for itself really.

Unique Quality: 1 - Personal Service
    2 - Great location for Transport Links – Bus / train, Restaurants, Theatre, Shopping, Sea Front and beach.
    3 - Good restaurant and very clean and comfortable rooms.
    4 - Friendly Bar

Directions: The Glorious East Coast Of North Yokshire, Ideal for exploring the local area including The Cleveland Way, The North-Yorkshire Moors railway & Heartbeat Country.

More about The Crescent Hotel

Best place to stay on the East Coast of Yorkshire

by TripAdvisor Member John_and_Marilyn

We have just returned from a weekend break at the Crescent Hotel Scarborough.

The Crescent is an excellent hotel and is recommended for the following reasons:

* Friendly staff.
* Well appointed rooms wit en-suite facilities.
* The best English breakfast I have ever had.
* The restaurant provides evening meals of the highest standard.
* An alternative is to have a Bar Meal in the Public Bar. The number of people who use the facility is an indication of the quality of the food and sevice.
* It is a family run hotel and the owners, Paul and Lindsay Cooney are always available to meet your requirements.
* Centrally located, it is ideal to explore Scarborough and the east coast of Yorkshire.
* Ideal for couples and famililies.

We will return on many more occasions.

Would Stay Here Any Time I Visit Scarborough

by TripAdvisor Member AL008

I stayed here for two weeks. I can't believe someone thought the staff were rude! I didn't meet any staff there who were anything but interested in helping. The rooms were clean (although did they have to tidy the ironing board away every day?), the staff were definitely friendly and helpful. When called to the dining room, the waitress came to collect our drinks on a tray. I can carry my drink on my own, but I appreciate the gesture. Talking of the dining room, do NOT eat out when you stay here. The food is sublime. Coming back to my wife's cooking at home was a real downer!

The only negatives I can think of are the parking, which is on the street outside (and you have to pay too) and the TVs in some of the rooms are only 14" CRT models. Not a lot to criticise about really. In summary, I will stay here again if I return to Scarborough.

1st time visitor and definatly not the last

by TripAdvisor Member ScoobyHD

We decided at the last minute to have a weekend away and The Crescent had been recommended. The hotel doesn't have private hotel parking but does offer a parking voucher, which was explained clearly and without complications. We were greeted with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Our room was fabulous!! It was very clean, tastefully decorated, spacious and extremely comfortable. After a late nite out we stopped at the hotel bar for a nite cap and found the genteman on duty was very pleasent and also the breakfast staff in the morning. We didn't eat at the hotel's Reflection Restuarant but if the breakfast was anything to go by I would give it serious thought. All in all it was very enjoyable and a relaxing stay. I do recommend this hotel without hesitation and we will be back.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member andyfrench

I was working away from home, not a nice experience, but the stay at The Crescent certainly made it a lot more enjoyable.

Starting with the rooms, they were well equipped, very clean and in excellent decorative order.

The breakfast was ten out of ten, and when we ate in the restaurant the quality of food and the atmosphere were faultless.

The staff, from booking in to checking out, were professional and friendly.

We have stayed in other hotels in the area, but now when we return to Scarborough we will always try The Crescent first.

Well done, keep up the excellent standard you provide!

Fantastic hotel !!!

by TripAdvisor Member lcope

Having 2 young children aged 3 and 1, myself and my husband fancied a nice weekend break away. After searching the internet for some accomodation in scarborough, we found this hotel.
It has it's own website, so we booked direct and i must say it was fantastic ! When we arrived the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly, the rooms were very clean and well equiped with modern decor. the hotel has two restaraunts, one of which is a cavery and is great ! the Cresent is in a fabulous location in central scarborough, only a 5 minute stroll from the south cliff. This was our first stay at the Cresent and certainly won't be our last !!!

Brilliant Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member TFrench

After working in Scarborough for a few months on and off, The Crescent is the hotel we keep going back to. Easily the best hotel we have visited in Scarborough. The rooms are excellent, the staff are very friendly, the homemade crisps in the bar are addictive and the food in the reflections restaurant is outstanding. I would recommend it to anybody!

Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member STAN5O

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend away at The Crescent Hotel.We came across the hotel by chance and we are so glad we did. We had been into several hotels before we came across this little gem.The rooms in the other hotels and the staff in the other hotels did nothing to encourage us to stay. From entering the hotel up until booking out was a wonderful experience.The staff were all wonderful, helpful and friendly , the food was excellent,the carvery was exceptional. All the public places and the room were absolutely spotless . It was our wedding anniversary and we wanted something a little special. We stayed in The Londsborough Suite which was absolutely wonderful for a special occasion.Parking was on the road outside with a permit from the hotel for £3 per day , an hotel across the road wanted to charge us £4 for the same thing ! There isnt anything bad we can say about this place and we will certainly be going back.

Cooney's Finest

by TripAdvisor Member FatBoyFrenchie

I have recently been working in Scarborough and staying at the Crescent Hotel I found the proprietors extremely accomodating and this behaviour is shared by all the staff at the hotel. The rooms are well equipped and there is a friendly atmosphere. The food was excellent and all tastes are catered for, the produce is all local and is cooked to a high standard. I would recommend a stay or just a meal out to anybody staing in the area and i shall ensure that i will be staying there again on any future visits.

we loved our turret!

by TripAdvisor Member soundmary

Very welcoming from the start. Lovely room, sea view. It felt like being in a turret with loads of light from the 3 windows. Very clean and had everything you might need. Good breakfast, lots of choice. Cosy and tastefully neutral decoration. very good location.

Not great for dinner if you are a vegetarian (one bland-souding choice only for evening meal) but plenty of choice nearby. Parking is on the street and a bit tricky - wish we'd known that you can buy a cheap parking voucher from the hotel BEFORE we'd fed the meter. But good that this was available.

Overall we loved this hotel and would definitely go back. It was good value for money.

Comfortable and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member gpierre

Myself and my other half stayed at the Crescent over the weekend and had a great time. The room, 22, was on the second floor on a corner and had four floor to ceiling windows which combined with the high ceiling gave the room a clean, light and airy feel, one of these windows opened out onto a balcony which was a nice little extra. The staff were all friendly and helpful especially the lady who served breakfast, which was superb, and the night porter. All in all a very pleasant expeience which I'm sure will be repeated.

MMM! Latte, chocolate brownie and cream!MMM! Latte, chocolate brownie and cream!

The Brunswick CentreThe Brunswick Centre