The Gallery Bed & Breakfast

18 Kirkgate, Thirsk, YO7 1PQ, United Kingdom

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

A little gem

The Gallery B & B is very small but charming with a hint of quaintness which we found perfect for our visit to the world of James Herriott. Owned by Kathryn and Steve, we dealt with her and she was most helpful in providing information on restaurants and sights and arranging transportation. The Gallery has only 3 rooms so the atmosphere is quite intimate and familial and the rooms very clean and well appointed. Its charm is enhanced by old exposed beams and fireplaces in each room. They pride themselves on being member of the deliciouslyyorkshire breakfast scheme, providing quality local produce. The full English breakfast menu includes choices of about 7 Yorkshire sausages, free range eggs prepared to order as well as smoked salmon and fresh fruits. I feel we got 4-star service for bed & breakfast prices.

Directions: Just about a block north of the Market Place and across the street from the Herriott Center.

• lou31's Profile Photo

A great Bed & Breakfast

This lovely bed and breakfast proved to be the nicest place I was to stay at during my month long trek throughout the UK.

Unique Quality: I think it was the lovely big double bed covered in cushions and complete with feather down quilt, the bedside chocolates, the very nice and clean bathroom and the great breakfast that impressed me!

It was also the little things that pleased me...like the big bowl of chopped up fresh fruit at breakfast and the array of newspapers left out for us to read. And don't forget those bedside chocolates!

And if that wasn't enough the people there were so friendly and helpful! I really enjoyed my stay here.

It was the first place I stayed and from then on no other B&B ever came close to it.

I paid 40 pound a night in the high season but it was worth every penny!

Directions: Almost opposite the Alf Wight Museum.

Comments