Dillons of Whitby

14 Chubb Hill Road, Whitby, YO21 1JU, United Kingdom

More about Dillons of Whitby

Ticked all the boxes and more....

by TripAdvisor Member Ralphsmum20

From the initial phone call to book to when we left we could not fault our hosts Fiona and Tim.
The welcome was warm with tea and home made cake on arrival .The beautiful room spotlessly clean .The attention to detail was faultless.
We stayed with Ralph our labradoodle who was made very welcome
Along with the home made biscuits in our room was his very own treat bag!
As dog owners them selves Fiona and Tim were more than accomodating in providing bowls , dog blankets and towels for wet paws .We respected that they wouldn't want muddy paw prints on their white bed linen and so kept Ralph out side or down stairs til he was dry.
We stayed in Toulouse over looking the park, the room was beautifully furnished , had fluffy towels and crisp white sheets - luxury
Breakfast was superb with tasty locally sourced foods and daily "specials" giving the usual cooked breakfast a quirky twist.
The house its self is located within easy walking distance of town and our hosts provided good local knowledge of pubs and places to eat.
We hope to return in the future

absolutely & without doubt, the best b&b we have sayed in.

by TripAdvisor Member DerbyLiveLife

warmest of welcomes (big smiles, tea & home-made cake), 1st class decor, superb breakfast, perfect location (facing Pannet Park) just a couple minutes walk into the centre of Whitby. Will definately visit again :-)

Hospitality and comfort that makes it very hard to leave!

by TripAdvisor Member JaneSouthYorkshire

We stayed at Dillons of Whitby for a two night /three day break in mid-May. From the moment we arrived to our (reluctant) departure, we were made to feel so welcome. No request was too much trouble, and with quite restrictive dietary requirements for me, every effort was made to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast options were extensive and looked mouthwatering! Our room (we stayed in Troon) was delightful...the little touches of homemade biscuits, lovely toiletries, mineral waters and a beverage tray were super. It was the kind of bedroom you would have at home; ipod dock and radio, dvd player on the flat screen tv, hairdryer, soft carpet underfoot....nothing was left out. Fiona and Tim say on their website that the beds are comfortable.....they should come with a warning.....once you lay your head down you drift off in a cloud of fluffy pillows and fresh bedlinen......getting up in the morning takes a lot of willpower!! The room was decorated exactly as shown on the website - beautiful quality and soft furnishing touches you would choose for your own home. When you put all of this together with Tim and Fiona's gentle but attentive service, and wonderful humour, Dillons of Whitby stands out for us as being just as good, if not far better in some cases, as some 5 star hotels we've stayed in. Don't hesitate to book.....the only thing you'll be disappointed about is having to leave. Oh and don't forget to meet Dillon - he is adorable :)

Dillons lead, others should follow

by TripAdvisor Member Pepp63

On arrival at Dillons we were greeted by Fiona & Tim and made a pot of very welcome tea with some of the best Ginger cake we have tasted,all served in there beautiful lounge.
All the other reviews have said everything there is to say about Dillons.
We would defy anyone to try and find a single fault with either Dillons or Fiona & Tim as hosts.
Everything and we mean everything!! is perfect about this place.
The standard of the finish on the entire building is so high & the decore is beautiful.
Fiona & Tim could certainly do for hotels what Richard Branson has done for airlines.
Thank you both so much for making our stay in Whiby such a memorable one.
We will most certainly recommend Dillons to our friends & Families and hope to return again soon.

Luxurious B&B, with the warmest of welcomes

by TripAdvisor Member tulipgirl039

Our stay at the Dillons of Whitby, was truly amazing and special.Tim and Fiona are so friendly and warm they had thought of everything to make our stay perfect. The breakfasts were exquiste, with food locally sourced and fiona bakes delicious fresh bread everyday. The rooms are luxurious, so comfortable, absolutley spotless, could not fault it at all. Without a doubt, the best B&B we have ever stayed at. we did not want to leave. we will definately return again next year.

Have Your Cake... And Eat It

by TripAdvisor Member Davey2000

As I am sure you have gathered from the other reviews - this is a fantastic place to stay. I have been fortunate to travel and stay in many places around the world for both personal and business reasons; but never have I enjoyed staying somewhere more than I did here and never have I not wanted to return home as much!

Tim and Fiona are probably two of the friendliest and hospitable hosts you will meet. They take a genuine interest in all that you do whilst on holiday. Upon arrival they made my partner and I a pot of tea with two delightful slices of cake. This welcome continued throughout our stay, with fresh milk being brought to your room daily and rooms cleaned to a very high standard, not just a quick tidy-up as you often get in other guest houses.

It is all one wishes for in a bed and breakfast - you can stay somewhere where you can have a great cup of tea and the warmest reception throughout your stay. But not only that but the standards of the rooms, decor and breakfast are what you would expect from a 5* hotel. You have your cake and eat it, in more ways than one - there is no sacrifice in quality or in good old fashioned warm hospitality.

Breakfast is a true delight with daily specials to tempt you away from the already brilliant menu. Ingredients are sourced locally and the impression I got was that; as a guest you receive the very best that Yorkshire can offer.

We loved it so much here that we extended our stay by one day; indeed if it wasn't for other commitments we would have wanted to stay much longer; as we certainly didn't want to leave! I have said a lot already in this review and could continue with this praise; but I'd rather people experience it for themselves. My advice to anyone reading this is to go and stay!

My partner and I will visit next year for sure. The 300 mile+ drive was well worth it, in fact I believe that anyone from around the world would enjoy this luxurious and very friendly Bed and Breakfast as the experience would be the highlight of a trip to the UK. Thank you to Tim and Fiona for our special stay, we look forward to seeing you both again.

Doggy Heaven

by TripAdvisor Member Bentheschnauzer

In May my owners took me to Dillons of Whitby. What a fantastic place - on arrival Tim and Fiona made a huge fuss of me before taking me up to my room (which I allowed my owners to share with me). When I got there Tim and Fiona gave me my own welcome pack and a blanket, towel & water bowl - 5 star. Tim and Fiona also gave me a list of cafes, restaurants, pubs etc which I could take my owners into and showed me all the best walks around. I was made to feel really welcome and to cap it all Tim gave me a sausage every morning for my breakfast.

In the immortal words of Arnie the Austrian Bulldog - "I'll be back!!"

Much more than a B&B - Simply the Best

by TripAdvisor Member DewUk

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the 'Dillons' experience was amazing. We were greeted by or hosts Tim and Fiona with home baked Ginger Cake, Tea and lovely Strawberry/Chocolate Treats. The Lounge, Hallway and Dining room all exquisitely restored and decorated to better than its former glory.
On to our room (Toulouse). The room is furnished with antique furniture, huge bed, chandelier, and chaise. Flat Screen TV with DVD (a great range of DVD's too). The bathroom was gorgeous, massive deep bath with separate shower cubicle. The breakfast was brilliant with a wide range of fare on the menu and a 'special' every day.

We just did not want to go home and leave that comfy bed with the egyptian cotton sheets, the his and hers fluffy robes, the amazing full 'yorkshire breakfast' and of course Dillon the Dog (whom we never heard a sound from until we made a special request to see him).
Dont just read these reviews as they do not do it justice, experience it for yourself its amazing.
Thanks so much Tim and Fiona....and of course Dillon.

fantastic weekend break at dillons whitby

by TripAdvisor Member eastwooddoncaster

Just returned from dillons at whitby,it was out of this world.We were made to feel so welcome by fiona and tim.The whole accomadation was outstanding and the breakfast to die for.The location was perfect we shall be returing for another stay.10 out of 10.

Quality

by TripAdvisor Member AlrewasMuddy

If you are planning a visit to Whitby, wanting somewhere to stay and are looking for:

at least the equivalent of a 5 star hotel for quality of accommodation;
great friendly hosts giving a warm welcome;
second to none service and attention throughout your stay;
superb breakfasts with variety;
a luxury room with attractive d├ęcor, and fitted out with tasteful furnishings;
the most comfortable bed;
all the home comforts in your room that you could want;
a realistically priced and good value for money B & B.

then come to Dillons!

We have stayed here, tried and tested, and will most definitely stop here again on our next visit to Whitby. That is if their not fully booked up!!!

David Mudd and Lynne Barber