Clifton Green, York, YO30 6LH, United Kingdom

The Grave of Dick TurpinThe Grave of Dick Turpin

Food

by manraisedbypuffin

Hi

My wife and I are in York for the weekend of October 30th for two nights.

We like nice, fresh food - possibly african cuisine or very traditional indian cuisine, or anything slightly out of the norm. We are also big fans of seafood.

With this in mind can anybody please recommend any nice places to eat?

Apart from the usual, can anybody recommend anything exciting to do/see over this weekend?

many thanks

MRP

Re: Food

by alectrevor

I haven"t been my self but heard about these INDIAN Akbars George Hudson St.,, Bombay Spice and Chndini both in Goodramgate,, SEAFOOD Loch Fyne in Fossgate also ENGLISH Blue Bicycle in Fossgate. These are all in the city centre.

Travel Tips for York

Walled in!

by poppyrose7

I loved York! We walked and walked everywhere. People are friendly, there is so much to see and do here and we have to go back :-)

I am only staying in England temporally, so will not probably get to go there again, but hope I do! It has lots of history, great architecture and talking points.

I suggest you look at the...

by sbrookes

I suggest you look at the other pages about York that I have rated. I think you will get some great information and see some wonderful pictures. From those you may better understand why York is high on my list of places to return.

Another View Of The Minster

by steventilly

Sorry, I just had to throw in this other view of the Minster. I mean, just look at it, it's beautiful.
Every corner you turn as you walk around the outside of the minster, and also as you walk the walls, you get a new aspect of the Minster. And every one of these views is magnificent.

A day at the races

by Sjalen

Horseracing is big in Yorkshire with training stables centred around both Middleham and Malton and several racecourses. York is one of the biggest and has been voted "UK Racecourse of the Year" 2001 amongst other appreciations. You instantly notice when there is a race on as the way to the city centre through Tadcaster Road is clogged with traffic and Blossom Street pubs are full of ladies wearing hats and in various stages of intoxication. Not quite like Epsom up here :-) Nevertheless it is fun and Knavesmire which is normally a huge green stray where people play football and cows graze, becomes full of people and horses.

There's More Than a Castle at Castle Howard

by tpal

Much of the area that the public sees a at first at Castle Howard is pretty formal but it does encompass 10,000 acres and a lot of the estate presents some very natural beauty. Surprisingly some is quite close to the castle itself.

It was early when we arrived and there was an English mist clinging to the ground. Immediately behind Castle Howard is a large expanse of lawn which leads to a lake. When I first saw it, however, I felt certain that at any moment the hounds would be emerging from fog over the moors. It was not until about an hour later that the placid lake pictured here finally revealed itself. Not a bad view to wake up to.

Comments