90 Piccadilly, York, North Yorkshire, Y01 9NX, United Kingdom

Orbitz.com Travelocity

• YorkMeeting2007's Profile Photo

CLOSE AND CLEAN

With Travelodge you always get a clean and effiecient room. This location is an easy walk to all the Centre attractions (York Minster, Shambles, etc.)

Room on the 20th of January:

FLEXIBLE RATE

Double Room (Non-smoking)
    Ensuite room with double bed.
    Sleeps 2 (maximum 2 adults).

£65.00

One of the cheaper and better know options.

** no parking, you have to put it into a 24 hour car park nearby**

Cheaper option is only £15 at their Ferrybridge services 15 miles away:

More about Travelodge York Central

Hhmmmmm

by TripAdvisor Member SteffLeeds

Stayed at the Travelodge York Central over the bank holiday - £65 for one night. Have stayed here previously and wanted to forewarn others of the following:-

We travelled down on the train on Sunday and planned to enjoy the city centre on Sunday and Monday before heading home on the train Monday afternoon.

On checking out - with our two holdalls (packed with clothes to cover every eventuality of the british summertime weather - jacket.jumpers etc) we were told that Travelodge changed its baggage policy in June and WILL NOT LONGER HOLD GUESTS BAGS FOR THEM.

Obviously, we are now faced with a choice of carrying the two bags round with us all day (in the scorching hot sunshine) go home immediately OR find an alternative solution. We actually decided on storing our bags at the train station in the left luggage. This cost us £6 in a cab and then £4 per bag. For the extra £14 I could've found us elsewhere to stay that was a little bit better than the Travelodge!!!!! I wasnt very happy really - the least you expect is to be able to leave your belongings for the day.

Other comments:-
BAR
The bar was closed throughout our stay - no where to get a drink/brekkie etc.

VENDING MACHINES
On arriving back at our room on the Sunday night wanting some water we checked the vending machine on each floor (x4) and there was NO WATER in any of them. We asked at reception and were told that they didnt have any. We then went to the pub next door (Weatherspoons) only to be told that they didnt have any either....... We ended up each having to take a pint of tap water with ice back to our room.....

ROOM
Chewing gum stuck over the fire alarm on the ceiling but generally clean enough and your typical Travelodge room.

BATHROOM
Filthy.
Black/Mildew grout on the tiles in the shower (which leaked onto the floor each time it was used) black grime on the underside of the plug in the sink which left floating black specs in the water - gross. Generally felt unclean using it.

Overall - having stayed at this Travelodge at least five times before over a three year period - I will definately not be staying here again unless I have absolutely no choice.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member TrvlCrayZ

I was looking for something reasonably priced and central in York, I was lucky enough to book the property on the website for only 26 pounds per night ($50 USD)for a "family room" with sofa. So we gave it a try. We booked 2 rooms for 1 night stay on the way up to Edinburgh. Hotel was clean, basic, centrally located. Rooms were simple but pleasant, staff was friendly and accomidating. No shampoo, only soap. No phone in room? Comfortable bed, sofa, large windows overlooking canal, clean and modern bath room.

Walls were paper thin, could here everything in the other rooms, but had no problem sleeping.

Easy walk to Castle Museum, York Minster. No on site parking! But reasonable rates next door.

Great value for the money, I would not hesitate to stay here for the 26 pound rate, look elsewere if 65 pound is all that is available.
I have paid much more for less in Europe!

Fine

by TripAdvisor Member ange

We stayed here last weekend for the bargain price of £15 per room per night.

I'd always assumed Travelodge and Premier Travel Inn were in the same league with them being the same price, give or take a £ but I was wrong.

There was nothing wrong as such but mean little things that they don't provide like biscuits with your tea and coffee / parking / more than one towel per room / an iron / somewhere to leave your bags after checkout / being able to ring reception to ask for extra towels / not so much as a picture on the wall of your room. It was these things that made me feel like I was staying in a budget hotel - which I don't feel like when I'm staying in a travel inn.

Everything worked, was clean and rececption were friendly. Location is great.

I'd stay here again for the £15 rate but if I can't get that I'll take my £65 to the travel inn.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone!

by TripAdvisor Member C036

i went to York to meet up with my sister for the weekend and the Travelodge seemed really convenient and value for money. Our room overlooked the River Ouse. Very pretty until our first night's experience of geese screaming all night. Had a terrible nights' sleep both of us. We had booked breakfast at £7.50 each and then found out afterwards that you could get a decent breakfast for £1.99 in the Wetherspoon next door (our fault for not doing the research we realised). The next morning i attempted to get into the shower and slipped on the bathroom floor resulting in a trip to A&E in York. Extensive bruising all up my leg and a broken finger! when i approached the reception i was told "Oh, sorry about that". No accident book or anything was brought out of the office. I had to ask for it to be noted. So all in all not a very successful weekend and will not be staying at Travelodge in any part of the UK as a result. A small piece of advice - take a small towel with you to use on the bathroom floor, we were told the floors are anti slip!

Standard Traveldoge Averageness

by TripAdvisor Member graemeboro

I booked the Travelodge in York for a night out in this beautiful city and just wanted some where reasonable to stay. I was a bit wary however after some negative experiences in a couple of other Travelodge’s.

I needn’t have worried this did the job just fine. Like any Travelodge it’s not flash but it was a clean conferrable night. I’m not sure about value for money mind at £66 per night I think it’s a bit expensive for what it is.

The hotel is located in a central area of the city which is ideal and had a wetherspoons pub attached, which is very reasonable. The building is quite modern and very tidy. Check in was simple I has booked in previously via the website. The lady on reception was very friendly and I was in my room in no time.

As described before the room was very basic but clean. Travelodge rooms do lack the basics such as shampoo, biscuits and other pleasantries. These can be purchased from the vending machines downstairs but I do feel at the price that this is a bit rich of Travelodge. £40 per night would be a much more reasonable rate in my opinion.

The hotel does offer breakfast at £7.50 but I would advise going next door to the Wetherspoon pub which offers a good English breakfast for £2.10 plus 80p for tea. Much better value. I can’t understand how the Travelodge even think they can compete at that price.

Overall the stay was fine, and the Travelodge did exactly what it should, if it was a bit cheaper I would it would be an excellent option.

Great Room 26 Pounds

by TripAdvisor Member TomOCa

I booked online a month ahead of time for 26 pounds a room for 2 rooms for our family of four for a one night stop in York. It was well worth the money, I would disregard most of the negative comments about this hotel unless you are very picky. The rooms were more than adequate size and very clean with a nice bathroom. Not many frills but I wasnt in my room much while in this fascinating town. I slept fine, I did hear the ducks in the morning but actually that prompted me to get up early and take a stroll along the river. If you can get the deal for the room, I would definitely consider this place and the Wetherspoons next door is really convenient. Id stay here again , especially for 26 pounds a night.

Average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tonks28

This hotel is very basic as you would expect from a Travelodge. The rooms were clean, but lacked any extras such as shower gel.

I was travelling with a group of friends for a hen party and stayed in a family room. The room cost £75 which at £25 per person was value for money, but only as there were 3 of us in the room.

The room was warm as the weather was gorgeous, but it did not have air conditioning. We had to keep the windows open all night. Unfortunately the Weatherspoons next door was open until late and was noisy, plus the local ducks and geese made it feel like we were staying in a farmyard!

The location is also right on the outskirts of York centre. We took a taxi there from the train station which cost £6.00. It was about 15 minutes walk from the shops and bars etc. It took about 25 minutes to walk to the train station.

Breakfast was not included, but there is a Weatherspoons next door which is great value - £2.50 for a full english!

If you are looking for a basic budget hotel in York then this hotel is fine and great for groups.

Much better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member Sare1977

Just returned from a night here. I took advantage of their summer sale and booked a family room for 2 adults and 2 children for the bargain price of £15!
I'd read various reviews of Travelodges and was expecting a pretty grim room, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The room was a decent size, very clean and had everything we needed. Yes, you only get a small bar of soap and no extras like shampoo or biscuits, but that was the only difference between this hotel and others I've stayed in such as Novotel, where I was charged £95 a night.

The only disappointment we had was that the BarCafe was closed and unable to serve breakfast which our son had been looking forward to. It would have cost us £15 (children eat free) if it was on.

The hotel is attached to a Wetherspoons that is obviously popular and serves breakfast from 9am. We didn't hear any noise from it though. We also didn't hear the geese other reviewers have mentioned, although we were in a room facing the road, not the river.

The location is great, about 20 minutes walk from the train station and 5 minutes from the city centre. The Castle museum, Jorvik and Yorkboat landing are all about 3 minutes away.
We will definitely going back.

Great Location. Great Value.

by TripAdvisor Member blondiebee

3 nights away in York, booked through the Travel Lodge Website when they were on offer at £15 a night! which happens on a regular basis. I have stayed at this place 3 times now in the last couple of years and you will not get better value for money.
Its 10 minutes walk from The Shambles, so a great location.
The rooms are always spotless, with clean towels, tv, tea & coffee. There is a small breakfast room if you wish to get breakfast, but next door is a Weatherspoons which open at 7.30am and thats much better value. There is a car park 100 metres down the road which is £8.50 for 24 hours secure parking, which is a bargain in this city. (you can't get to your car between 6.30pm and 6.30am though!).
Even when paying full price £59 at the Travel Lodge, it is still great value. Will definately be staying there again.

The town of York is gorgeous, with street entertainers, ghost walks, good shopping, the minster of course, but investigate all the little alleyways which are interesting.

If you want a good night out, try 1331 bar on Grape Lane which have entertainment most nights and a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Another lovely bistro bar was 'Alley Cats' which is tucked away down a back alley.

Comments