The George Hotel

Rank 10 of 18 hotels
in Kettering
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

How similar??

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 11, 2007

Well, if you go to tripadvisor, its clear as day that a member of staff has wrote this! How they can get away with writing reviews like this for themselves is a joke!!

I stayed at the george hotel and can assure anybody, that the staff were rude, enjoyed a good laugh and joke about some of the members of guests that were staying... not professional at all!

If you want to believe anything, then go to trip advisor and you will see for yourselves! what a load of rubbish this is!!

The hotel was that bad, that i checked out and went to a local comfort inn a 2 minute walk up the road, which offered quality and value for my money!!

Feel free to ask me any Questions, i will be more than happy to tell you to STAY AWAY!!

Unique Quality: none!!

The George Hotel - Eat, Sleep and Be Merry!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 28, 2007

After our stay at The George Hotel, I can honestly say I'd recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere decent and reasonably priced in Kettering. We visited as a family of 5, including a very young baby, and we found the service to be excellent and it also had a personal touch thanks to the friendliness of the staff at The George. Nothing was too much trouble for them, right down to them rearranging the furniture in our Family Room to accommodate a cot (which they provided) and a 'Z' bed for one of our older girls.

Most of the rooms at the Hotel have en-suite bathrooms which are all modern and nicely decorated, our Family Room was off-suite but the bathroom was very close to our room and it was no problem at all to walk along the attractive corridor to have a shower.

The cost of our room included a full English breakfast which was served in the Lounge area of the hotel; the breakfast was delicious, well cooked and filled the hole in our tummies before we went off exploring Northamptonshire.

Other meals can be taken in the Squires restaurant which is located in the hotel, here traditional English food is the name of the game with every meal I sampled being wonderfully cooked and delicious. Georgie's Bar is also fabulous. You can sit in squashy leather sofas and enjoy a cocktail (or two!) while looking out over the world - incidentally, the cocktails are absolutely wonderful and made our stay seem that little bit more special.

All in all, we had a brilliant time at the George. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a colour TV and coffee making facilities; we spent quite a lot of time in our room as we had the baby with us and it really was a comfy room to sit in and chat about what we'd done that day. It was thoroughly cleaned daily by lovely housekeeping staff and I didn't feel rushed at all on the day of check out - which was a good thing as I'd forgotten how long it takes to get the above mentioned baby ready to go anywhere. One final bottle and we were ready to leave our room!

Unique Quality: The main characteristic of The George Hotel is it's age. Built in 1639, the building is original and nestles just nicely in Ketterings City Centre. Some of the features inside are obviously original and the rest of the hotel seems to have been designed to enhance the feeling of history once inside. That's not to say that the hotel is old fashioned in any way as it has all mod cons, but there's that very definite sensation of being inside an old building.

The hotel also has a variety of function rooms which I'm told can be used for weddings, Christenings, funerals, corporate meeting and event - apparently this aspect of the hotel is very popular thanks to the level of service and the spacious rooms.

Directions: Simply find your way through Northamptonshire and follow the signs to Kettering City Centre - and you're there!

Find more detailed directions on theaa.com, inputting postcode NN16 0AN as your final destination.

Nearby The George Hotel

The George Hotel

• George Hotel Kettering

Address: Sheep St., Kettering, NN16 0AN, United Kingdom

1 Photo of The George Hotel

Kettering Travel Forum

Need advice about Kettering, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Kettering and ask our Answer Gurus.

Kettering Travel Guide