Whittlebury Hall Hotel And Spa

MikeBird's Profile Photo

Conference Hotel in Northants

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 8, 2009

Have just returned (July 2009) from an overnight stay at this Hotel. I was there with work for a two day residential meeting.
Before I went I checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and it seemed there was a 50:50 split between complaints and loving the place. My view is that the hotel is certainly luxurious ( though I'm not much used to high class luxury) with smallish but well equipped bedrooms and bathroom; OK facilities for our meeting, tasty buffet lunches and breakfast but the evening meal was sadly let down by the slow service. Three courses we had; each one taking an hour to be served and this was after we had placed our orders at lunchtime because we were told it would help speed up the service at night! It was a pity because most of us had enjoyed our stay and we'd have felt very positive about the place and possibly booked for another meeting but I suspect we'll only return if we cannot find alternative venues.
I don't know what we paid but suspect it was definitely top end so value for money was only 6/10.

Update July 2010 - 2nd time around to Whittlebury and I'm happy to say the service in the restaurant was much better this time so no complaints. I'd say 8/10 now.

I was fortunate to have a helicopter flight over Silverstone which is next to Whittlebury Hall.
The photo shows the hotel and its grounds.

Directions: In Whittlebury village , south of Towcester on the A413. Very close to Silverstone.

Nearby Whittlebury Hall Hotel And Spa

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Towcester Travel Forum

Need advice about Towcester, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Towcester and ask our Answer Gurus.

Towcester Travel Guide