Birnam House

Royal Oak Gardens, Alnwick, NE66 2DA, United Kingdom

More about Alnwick

The other sideThe other side

Ancient HospiceAncient Hospice

Pork escalope and black pudding mashPork escalope and black pudding mash

Brizlee TowerBrizlee Tower

help things to do

by S1234

I would like to stay close to or in Alnwick when York is taken over by Royal ascot in June ... Any ideas of places to stay or things to do....

by steventilly

Dunno where to stay, I go there as day trips as we live nearby. Go to Alnwick Castle and see the gardens there, they're fantastic. Or Cragside House (near Rothbury), which again is wonderful. Or try Holy Island, Bamburgh, Warkworth, Druridge Bay - the whole Northumberland coast is pretty great.
Actually, I'm off to "Ascot" if I get the tickets that I applied for ;-)

by maxamus

Or a boat trip from Seahouses to the Farne Islands to see the Seals & Puffins close up.

by leics

Loads of things to do.........have a look at my Northumberland pages. I've always hired a cottage so don't know anything about b&b's, though there are loads around. It's a lovely place to visit.......I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

by Sjalen

Yes, I understand you can't even bike along Taddy Road during the races! :(

I'm bookmarking as I'd like to go there too one day. My brother-in-law in York used to run a shop in Alnwick for some years but I'm not that much in contact with him these days...

by julin

You really must go to Cragside.It is a wonderful place.It is a National Trust property.Very interesting with lovely gardens.I am not fond of museums etc.but this house was great.There are so many places near Alnwick to see.Have you tried The Tourist Information website for somewhere to stay.

by S1234

I dont suppose you would have a website address for it, as I cant seem to find 1.

by khexham

Alnmouth is a lovely place to stay - or you could easily reach it from Alnwick - nice pubs, nice coast, especially in summer - think there's golf too

by steventilly

You're about a year too late with this reply...

by davylee8

Hi There,

Have a look at this website www.ginnelcottage.webeden.co.uk

It gives you a wonderful place to stay and shows you how beautiful and interesting Alnwick and Northumberland is.

I hope this is of use to you.

Dave

Travel Tips for Alnwick

Wager Cottage

by leics

This pretty little cottage sits opposite the Tenantry column on the main road into Alnwick from the A1.

One legend says it was built in two weeks, as part of a bet (a wager) between the Duchess of Northumberland and the 2nd Duke.

But that may well not be true.

Nice little place though, especially with this year's 'clock' flowerbed in front.

Comments