10 Bondgate Within, Alnwick, NE66 1TD, United Kingdom

• leics's Profile Photo

Excellent.

Right by the Bondgate, so 'Alnwick central'. Private parking at the rear (steepish drive to get into the parking area, a bit iffy in icy weather I think).

Pristine rooms, beautifully clean, with all sorts of little extras: cottonbuds, cottonwool, tissues, iron and ironing board, magazines......fruit bowl for guests at the foot of the stairs.

Lovely and warm as well: that really matters in autumnal Northumberland!

Alnwick's a quiet place anyway, but my room at the back was away from even its minimal traffic noise.

I had the 'small single'. It is small, but was absolutely fine for me (a small person). Anyone of normal size might have found it a bit cramped, so the ordinary single (or a double) might be a better option.

Breakfast is freshly cooked. Cereals, juice, yoghurt etc, then standard or vegetarian cooked breakfast options (or your choice from the selection), or Craster kippers. Toast, of course. Good tea in my own decent-sized pot.

And it's a cafe/restaurant as well. So you can eat in, if you choose......best book ahead, especially in the summer. A limited menu, but all freshly prepared and cooked. I only ate there once, simply because I can't eat a full cooked breakfast as well as a large evening meal (not enough room for both in my little frame!). But the meal I had was really enjoyable (especially the raspberry creme caramel) and very reasonably-priced. I'll write a separate tip for the cafe/restaurant.

Staff were very friendly and very pleasant. I'm certain if I needed any help they would have been more than willing to give it.

Highly recommended....and I shall definitely stay there again when I return to Northumberland.

Directions: Just to the right of the Bondgate as you pass through the tower into the town. Parking accessed by turning right just before the Bondgate. Hotel parking is signed to your left. Change down to first gear before you start!

Comments