Gresham Hotel Nottingham

Study Abroad Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons

Not for the posh

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 24, 2010

this hotel isn't for the posh or for people with there head up there ass, iv stayed there a few time's and have never seen anything abnormal or dirty, it would be against the law and against human rights to have dead bugs and vomit stains round the place as one person says, if this is the case why didn't that person report it??? like i said its not for the posh nor people who think there better then everyone eles, i will be going there again

The Shining

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2007

There were six of us in 4 rooms at this hotel.
Our room was dirty with an uncomfortable bed which felt like the mattress was an old spring covered with a thin incontinence sheet. Beside our bed was an old vomit stain which hadn't been cleaned up properly. The drawers and cupboard had dead bugs, dust and old stained pillows in them. The shower in the communal bathroom was awful.
The worst thing however was the breakfast. We knew it wouldn't go well when the miserable waitress frowned at us when we asked if we could sit down then grumbled something.
Whilst sat down we noticed that the cutlery and crockery were a little stained so we gave them a wipe with our napkins. A lovely thick black film came off them with a few small hairs. The full english was not full and also came out with additional free black hairs in the egg.
The tea pot had black stuff that had congealed and was flaking off from the spout. The fried bread could not be penetrated by a pnuematic drill and the bit I managed to get into my mouth tasted foul. Oh yeah the door bell is a continous very high pitched sound that lasts for a few minutes at time which is just what you need when you have just woken up from a night in nottingham.

Ok you dont expect much for the price but a touch of detergent and water on the plates and on the vomit would have been nice.

In the name of god DO NOT STAY HERE unless you have absolutely no interest in your health.
Avoid it like the plague unless you want to catch it.

Unique Quality: Everythings unique about this place. I have stayed in some dodgy places before in some odd countries but this really takes the biscuit. I didn't know places like this existed in England anymore.

Directions: Very close to city centre.

The worst hotel in Nottingham

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 16, 2006

This I am sorry to stay was the worst place to call itself a hotel I have ever stayed in. I got stuck in Nottingham for a night and didn’t have a hotel booked about 50m down the road heading towards the bus station was a hotel called the Gresham. In my home city we have a hotel called the Gresham it is 5 stars. But this would not even deserve a star.

It looked alright at first reception looked like a normal low end old hotel. It did look a bit dated. Everything was ok until I got to my room. It stank of cigarette smoke. The bed was terrible and the room was an utter kip. Ok the sheets were clean. The next mourning I got up and decide to go for breakfast. Got to the breakfast room. Was greeted by the most shabby woman I have ever laid eyes on homeless people are better dressed. Her shirt looked like it was never ironed. Her hair was wind swept and she has some kind of skin infection on her hand. My advices if you are walking past this place keep going. I wish I was exaggerating but I am not.

Unique Quality: Scruffy, stinks of smoke and dirty.

Directions: walk out of the trainstaion towods the bus staion 50 meters and your there.

illumina's Profile Photo

Good value in the city centre

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2006

The hotel is situated between the railway station and the bus station, next to the canal, and is only a 5 minute walk from the city centre. A single room without shower costs £24 per night, and a double is £39, breakfast included in the price. Rooms with showers or ensuite facilities are a little more.

I've had better breakfasts, but for the price this isn't bad - grapefruit, cereal and a (small) 'full' English consisting of sausage, bacon, eggs (fried, scrambled or poached), fried bread, beans or tomatoes, and toast, with tea or coffee, and orange juice.

The hotel is a bit run-down, but the rooms are clean, and there's a 24-hour reception.

Bookings by phone, and they ask for a £10 deposit per person, and the balance to be paid on check-in. They also now ask for a £10 key deposit which is refunded on check-out.

Nearby Gresham Hotel Nottingham

Gresham Hotel Nottingham

• Gresham Hotel Nottingham

Address: 109 Carrington St, Nottingham, NG1 7FE, United Kingdom

3 Photos of Gresham Hotel Nottingham

Nottingham Travel Forum

Need advice about Nottingham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Nottingham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Nottingham hotel reviews

Hilton Nottingham
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Eastwood Hall
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street)
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews