38 Milton Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 3PZ, United Kingdom

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Mandrel's Profile Photo

Grimm Tale

Hilton, Nottingham, Milton St.

The hotel is old and decrepet. In my opnion, does not deserve the Hilton name. The rooms are small and poorly kept. At least the linen was washed. Breakfast was served in a nice dining room. Service was surley. Just ask for a third cup.. yeah right......As far as food, it was mystery food with hard boiled eggs, stale cereal, and a black horror called Haggis. At 9 pounds + I felt ripped off. Thank God a McDonald's was just around the corner.

I am partially handicapped and the staff allowed me to lug my luggage up to my room and back down again when I checked out. EARLY! I spent the remainder of my Nottingham stay at another hotel.

Directions: towncenter

• iwys's Profile Photo

The Hilton

I keep a home in Nottingham, but i usually let it out to tenants, so on one recent visit, I looked for hotel special offers in the newspapers, and noticed there was one for the Hilton. Hilton hotels used to have a reputation for being some of the best 5* hotels in the world, but over time, they have fallen way down the pecking order. I stayed at the Singapore Hilton. for example, and was really disappointed. The room was so small and the hotel was just plain ordinary. It was not in the same class as Raffles. But, I stayed there because they had a special offer at the airport hotel desk, and it was cheap.

So, if you are expecting an international class, luxury hotel, you will be disappointed by the Nottingham Hilton. It is an old redbrick building and it all seems a bit faded. The biggest problem for me was finding a parking space. There is a small parking area outside the hotel and no free parking spaces anywhere else in the area. The hotel staff did help me find a parking place though.

The hotel is also on the other side of the city from the train station and a long way from the airport. If you travel to Nottingham by bus or coach, however, it is the most conveniently located hotel, as it is right next to Victoria Centre bus station.

The hotel is near the centre of the city, so you can walk to main shopping and nightlife areas in a few minutes. But, it is quite a long way from the main tourist attractions, like Nottingham Castle and the Robin Hood Statue.

The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. There is an indoor swimming pool. The room was quite big and there was internet access and satellite TV. So, I would say, if you can get a special deal through the internet or a newspaper, then this is a good place to stay. But, if you have to pay the full room rate, perhaps not. Currently, the hotel is offering a special rate of £75 per night for a double room, including breakfast.

More about Hilton Nottingham

Avoid the Hilton, Nottingham

by TripAdvisor Member HonestOpinionUK

My wife and our son stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early December and the whole experience was appalling. While using the hotel's £15 per night valet parking service our vehicle was vandalised when in the care of the hotel/valet company. The hotel /valet company deny all knowledge and liability and are extremely ignorant in their dealings with clients. In addition my wife had several thousand pounds worth of jewellery go 'missing' and there has been no expression of regret from the hotel, no explanation of follow up actions and all subsequent contact has been initiated by myself. These 2 incidents were compounded by the Hotel having only 1 very small and 'worrying' lift in operation (1 lift in a 6 storey hotel!) that was used by guests and staff undertaking room service duties and the food in the restaurant arrived in total (negative) contrast to the description given on the menu. In short there are a number of other good quality hotels in Nottingham and we would strongly advise that you avoid the Hilton

Not what one expects from Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member Gerry001

The standard of the Hilton Nottingham is dissapointing. We rejected the first room we were given, as it was on the 6th floor, where the lift does not reach. The lift only goes up to the 5th floor. There is no air conditioning, and the windows were so filthy, they were impossible to open or close. As they were open and jammed, the noise from nearby air conditioners would have kept us awake. After comlaining, we were changed to a smaller room on the 2nd floor overlooking the front of the hotel, which was better, though still quite noisy. The room, and the hotel generally, was very tired and in great need of refurbishment. The health club, which has a large indoor pool, was alright, though the dark rim around the edge of the pool, was evidence of poor maintenance. The Hilton Nottingham's saving grace is it's location, bang in the middle of the city centre, and no doubt the most convenient if intending to go shopping. If we ever go back, it will be for this reason alone, though we'll consider other options first.

Won't be back

My husband and I visited this hotel when we were down in Nottingham visiting friends. Not what we expected from Hilton at all.

We weren't able to eat dinner as the hotel was completely booked up with Chrsitmas parties - no prior warning about this. Moreover, our room was rather small and was attached to another room via a locked inter connecting door. We only discovered this when we were (ahem!) woken at 4am with noises from an unknown couple in the room next door. Not the best. We also felt that the furnishings in the room and in the hotel in general were a bit tired.

To top it all my husband's credit card was charged with £200 worth of food that we hadn't eaten. What an end to our stay! Especially as we were having to deal with it the morning after the party we had been visiting Nottingham for.... Lol Such is life. Needless to say we won't be back.

satisfied customer

After reading some of the reviews for this Hotel i am wondering if we stayed at the same Hotel.We arrived on Saturday dinner time and from that moment we had an extremely pleasant time .I am not going to say that this is the smartest 4 star hotel i have stayed in but it was certainly not as many have reported.I found all members of the staff that I came in contact with during our stay to be very pleasant and helpfull.Our room was on the 5th floor as we had requested and was clean smallish in size but quite adequate.We paid £119 for our 2 night stay with dinner on the first night and breakfasts included.The evening meal and the breakfasts were excellent.We have no complaints and will certainly be returning later in the year and taking advantage of the special offers available.

thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Hilton

I booked a one night stay at this hotel for 10 people helping to celebrate a friends 40th Birthday in Nottingham on 29/04/2006. I was very worried about what to expect after reading the reviews on this site, as the party organiser i felt responsible for everyone. However, i honestly don't think that the people who have written these reviews were staying at the same hotel!!! On checking in i found all of the'front - line' staff to be extremely pleasant and they couldn't do enough to help us. All of the rooms, except one, were of an average size, very comfortable and the decor was clean. However, one of the rooms, number 109, was very small and unbearably hot as it was situated next to an exterior extractor fan, and the window was locked shut. It would have been impossible to sleep in the room, so we asked reception to allocate another room, which they did with no problem or fuss. I will definately be visiting Nottingham again, and i would have no hesitation in staying at this hotel again.

Restaurant staff unbelievably professional -too good

This hotel is very well located in the city centre and has car park limitations. The most exciting and 'high' point of our trip was the restaurant staff in the evenings- very friendly waiters, professional well groomed and very well trained. We have 3 lovely evenings in the restaurant. Some of the bar staff are friendly too- overall nice people. Food not too bad.

I recommend this hotel, especially recmmend the restuarant for its service to quality seekers.

Overall OK-ish, but I wouldn't recommend it.

by TripAdvisor Member SQFerry

Arrived to be greeted by a friendly, chatty receptionist who made me feel especially welcome. My room was reasonably sized with a nice en-suite... that is until I discovered that the toilet didn't flush. When I reported this to the receptionist the friendliness had gone and I was told that Maintenance would have a look at it in the morning (I'll just keep my legs crossed, I thought). After some 'prompting' from me I was moved to another room where.... yes, the toilet didn't flush! By this point I was insisting quite strongly that they find me yet another room where absolutely everything worked properly: within 30 minutes this had been done (phew!). The room itself was nice, a good size, a comfortable bed and there was no outside noise during the night (a problem in some Nottingham hotels), so I slept well. But even here there was a problem - my room was on the 6th floor and the lift only goes as far as the 5th floor (why??), which meant that I had to carry my luugage up a narrow flight of stairs! Pity the person with a large/heavy/unweildy case.
Finally, the breakfast was a total rip-off at £15.95 for a pretty standard selection which you can get in many hotels for a fiver.
All in all, this hotel just didn't live up to my expectations so I'll not be back and I certainly won't recommend it.

Good Hotel, Great Staff

by TripAdvisor Member tbbabit

This is a regular type hotel in this class, the main difference with this one was the staff who were very friendly and always helpful even if at times one could understand if they were not. There was a few hen parties at the hotel the weekend we stayed but you would hardly have noticed. The leisure centre is limited and the changing areas in need of a revamp but overall it is clean. It is in a great location and if you are looking at hotels in this budget I would definitely go for it.

Comments