Jurys Inn Nottingham Hotel

SallyM's Profile Photo

Handy for the Railway Station - but not too close

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 31, 2015

I chose this hotel as my train was due to arrive in the late evening and its location five minutes' walk from the station seemed ideal. It was easy enough to find - out of the station, turn right and keep going until you see the hotel on the left.

Check-in was slightly more difficult. The receptionist who started to check me in was needed to take a phone call, so another receptionist completed the formalities. But she couldn't get the key card machine to work. The other receptionist returned, and she couldn't make it work either. I thought I was going to have to ask to be escorted to my room by a member of staff (as actually happened to me in Belfast once.) Eventually, the machine obliged, and I was given two key cards. As I made my way to the fifth floor, I hoped one would open the door.

Fortunately, it did. Once I got in, I found a spacious room (actually a triple, with a double and single bed, which was a bit excessive for a solo traveller) with all the usual conveniences (tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer, TV etc.) and a bathroom with a proper bath. Toiletries were supplied in dispensers fixed to the wall (slightly inconvenient if you needed to use the shampoo!).

Free wifi is provided, though they also offer a higher speed service at a fee. I found the free wifi adequate for checking emails and twitter, and downloading a document from the web.

The hotel has a grill restaurant and separate bar on the ground floor, but I did not try these.

All in all this is a perfectly acceptable hotel for a business trip.

Unique Quality: My room had quite a nice view over the canal.

timtregenza's Profile Photo

Standard budget hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 20, 2008

This hotel is reasonably priced, with decent facilities. It has nothing particularly special, although nothing to put it above other hotels of a similar price.

It does however, have family rooms, which is a benefit.

Directions: Near Nottingham Station

Nearby Jurys Inn Nottingham Hotel

Jurys Inn Nottingham Hotel

• Jurys Hotel Nottingham
  • Nottingham Jurys Hotel
  • Jurys Inn Nottingham Hotel Nottingham

Address: Waterfront Plaza, Station Street, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3BJ, United Kingdom

2 Photos of Jurys Inn Nottingham Hotel

• Business Services
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Nottingham Travel Forum

Need advice about Nottingham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Nottingham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Nottingham hotel reviews

Hilton Nottingham
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Eastwood Hall
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street)
Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews