Lace Market Hotel

29-31 High Pavement, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 1HE, United Kingdom

• Maidstoneman's Profile Photo

Very funky

On business - just wanted a bed for the night. The reception staff were rather `cool` and my single room was on the small side - but it was on special offer. The whole hotel is stylish and very `hip` and the bathroom was a stunner. I didn`t eat at the hotel and certainly didn`t run up any bills which would soon have rocketed.

On the down side the nearby multi storey car park (verty handy for the hotel) has dire warnings of car theft and whilst I had no problems I wonder just how safe it is.

On the up side, about 5 minutes down the hill is a wonderful Health Spa which guests can use. I spent a cracking evening there before hitting the bars. I heard from someone that the hotel is very noisy at weekends, but I had no problem at all.

Unique Quality: The sheer style is memorable - and its great location.

More about Lace Market Hotel

Girls Nights

by Jessica_Faith about Nottingham as a whole..

No wonder Nottingham is no longer the place to be..

If anybody is thinking of having a Hen night in Nottingham please think again.
We went as a group of 6 and stayed at the Lace Market hotel. We were hoping for a fun night of good food, good wine and lots of dancing.
What we actually got were rude, obnoxious, arrogant people who went out of their way to argue and make nasty comments.
The taxi drivers knew we were not from the area and charged us £12.50 from revolution to the Lace market hotel (we had only paid £4.00 from the train station which is further away.) Somebody from the city council should be looking into this..

I'm not surprised people are saying Nottingham has lost its appeal.. As the staff they hire for hospitality services would be better suited to the prison service! Give it a couple more years and even the beautiful architecture wouldn't attract a single visitor with the local’s attitudes.

What was once a lovely city where I went to Uni is now a much lagging behind city.

Please, if you want to enjoy a fun girl’s night out, pick somewhere you will be welcomed with open arms.. Liverpool, Newcastle, Dublin ect.. Anywhere other than Nottingham.

Full marks for a great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member areviewer

The Lace Market gets most things right - and represents the best value for money hotel I've stayed in given the price I paid (£65 for a double room!!!).

The Saints bar is a great place for a drink with knowledgeable friendly staff and an excellent choice of wines by the glass.

The hotel restaurant (merchants) is seriously good - excellent service and fantastic food - as with the hotel, the quality far exceeds the price charged.

Every town should have a Lace Market Hotel equivalent - instead of the boring formulaic chains that are normally on offer. My second night in Nottingham was spent at the Crowne Plaza - double the price and a fraction of the value!!

I look forward to visiting the Lace Market Hotel again.

Lovely Birthday Treat

by TripAdvisor Member JayneT

I was whisked away for my 40th birthday by my other half. When he mentioned Nottingham I thought (hoped) he was joking - we only live in Leicestershire, but the quality of the Lace Market Hotel was fantastic. We had room 301 - huge bathroom and bedroom and it was absolutely lovely. Very modern and clean with a view over the Courts of Justice. You could sit in the bath and watch the world go by!

We ate downstairs at Merchants and I have to say, for two of us, 3 courses and bottle of wine for under £100, it was one of the best meals I've ever had. The staff were great and the atmosphere was lovely, subdued lighting and great atmosphere.

Breakfast on Sunday started at at 9am - very civilised but make sure you get breakfast as part of your deal otherwise its about £14 each. Lovely though.

Check out is quite early - 11am but never mind!

A lovely stay.

Overated and snobby

by TripAdvisor Member bexgem3

I booked this as a xmas present for my girlfriend. I booked through laterooms who offered us a superior double for a reasonable price.

According to the Lace Market hotel all rooms had bespoke furnishings and artwork. This is rubbish as our room was standard tacky hotel decor-yellow wall paper!
It would seem that we were not given a superior room by the lacemarket, the room was small, had no TV and certainly no kimonos as promised on the website. i complained about this to hotel staff who said that there were no other rooms available and we should take this up with the website(which we did to no avail)
The staff were snobby and unhelpful, when we enquired about eating in the restaurant there they looked at us dissaprovingly and told us there were no tables available(though we saw later that this was not true)

All this was very annoying but the biggest problem was the heating. in the info folder left in the room it stated that the room we were staying in did not have heating/AC controls and that the room would be heated with the rest of the hotel. The room was ridiculously hot, with all radiators on full blast. I asked the hotel staff to remedy this, they replied there was nothing they could do. Opening the window in the room involved climbing on to a desk and pulling down a very heavy sash window.

On a better note the breakfast was very good!

The most charming hotel I have ever stayed in

I stay in hotels all over the UK and worldwide, sometimes only returning home for a handful of days per month. This hotel could teach some more expensive a few valuable lessons. The staff are charming, the hotel is superbly placed and the food is to die for (if you can get a table).

This is the first time I have found a hotel where I ALWAYS want to dine in-house.

Ignore any reviews you read which have been written by socially insecure mortals or moaning minnies who can't quite get to grips with this hotel's staff having a sense of humour, superlative social skills and the intelligence to tell bossy, unreasonable guests where to go!

I could live there!

by TripAdvisor Member alliebobs

I stayed here on with my husband for a relaxing, chilled out day just after Christmas and absolutely loved the place. We used to live in Nottingham, had heard all they hype and read reviews on here too so were interested to see if it lived up to its reputation. It did. The bathroom alone was worth the trip - we had a superior room and it had the biggest bath I have ever seen (and some lovely Aveda smellies too).

The rooms are beautifully decorated - very tranquil and understated. I loved the dressing area - it made the room seem like a suite, almost.

I hope to stay here again soon - a great place to relax or a base for a more hectic weekend.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member livery

We stayed 1 night at the end of April in a king room on the 3rd floor.

Good size room, well appointed, fab view of St Mary's Church - ask for one overlooking it's well worth it. Bathroom very nice. Room has minibar (no spirits), tv, dvd/cd player, ironing board, iron, bathrobes, hairdryer, some toiletries (although not enough for greedy me!) and an excellent shower.

We booked 2 days before and got a rate of 117 pounds, they answered the e-mail enquiry I sent within minutes and were v friendly and helpful. Check in and out v smooth and easy.

Breakfast is included but not cooked unless you eat downstairs (ie cont only as room service inclusive) a bit mean I think but not the end of the world.

Merchants restaurant is well thought of (we didn't eat here but have heard excellent reviews) and smart. Saint Bar - excellent, great friendly staff and happy to stay open as long as wanted without you feeling as if you're utting them out. Very classy atmosphere.

Book in the room has a very comrehensive guide to where to eat/drink and it is very accurate, trust it.

Location could not be any better. We will definately return.

Hugely disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member Ferne

We stayed at the Lace Market Nottingham last week and it was a hugely disappointing experience! The reception was very unfriendly, the room was small dark and gloomy and the air-conditioning whirred like a generator and had to be switched off. We have stayed in several hotels in Nottingham and this was by far our worst experience. If this is AA four star accommodation then surely the standards must have dropped!

Fab hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member NCL19

I booked this hotel for abreak away from the norm, we were looking for relaxation and a nice place to stay and the Lace Hotel provided all of this.
We stayed in the superior room for 2 nights and I was very impressed. The bedroom was huge and the bathroom was even more impressive. I would highly recommend.

My one and only gripe was the tv/dvd set up, the tv volume had been restricted, I guess this is not to disturb other guests but it also meant you could just about hear the tv, it was even worse when you put a dvd in because it automatically lowers the volume even more. At one point we put the subtitles on but it was still no good, the room being as big as it was and the tv being so small made it hard to read them. We even resorted to taking the tv out the cabinet and trying that but it was still no better, so the relaxing dvd watching weekend we were hoping for didn't happen. We did complain to the hotel staff which were very understanding as they've had complaints in the past but there was nothing they could do.

Apart from that the hotel was great, staff were helpful, the Saint Bar was buzzy and the rooms lush!

Comments