George Street | Lace Market, Nottingham NG1 3BP, England

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less and rated 11% higher than other 4 star hotels

• bonio's Profile Photo

Ideal location

Very friendly and helpful on arrival and a large, comfortable en-suite for us. A decent buffet breakfast included in the reasonable price so, very happy to stay here again should we be in town.

Unique Quality: Interesting point, Notts County (the oldest football league club in the world were formed here)

Directions: Ideal for us, just a short walk to the Trent FM Arena and to the city centre and maybe 10 minutes to the railway station.

• Nixter01's Profile Photo

Comfort Hotel

The 3 * hotel in Nottingham provides excellent base for those visiting this busy ctiy, with its superb nighlife and shopping facilities you're never far away from it all. It is also close to the oldest pub in England, Tales of Robin Hood, Sherwood Forest.

Unique Quality: Restaurant, Bar, Lounge and a great Reception

More about Comfort Hotel Nottingham

Great hotel

Stayed at the comfort when on a night out in Nottingham. Hotel was quite full, but all staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were good value and of course the location second to none! Forget the bigger more expensive hotels, the Comfort has everything you need!

Location Location Location

Great hotel in the centre of Nottingham, only 2 minutes walk from the Lace Market tram stop & 5 minute walk from Nottingham Arena. Edwardian style hotel with nicely decorated clean rooms, agree with previous review as the bed was very comfortable & the room we were given a room at the back of the hotel was very quiet. Breakfast was great, served as buffet style with a selection of cereals, pastries, toast which you made to order & hot traditional english breakfast items. Restaurant staff very friendly & no sooner had someone left a table they were cleaning up. All the staff very helpfull & friendly. Will definately go back again.

Give this one a miss

My room was clean, and the bed was fairly comfortable, but as other reviewers have commented, this hotel has a bad noise problem, both from its own first-floor restaurant/bar and from bars in the nearby streets. I was there on a Saturday night, and could not get to sleep until almost 2am.

The breakfast was of poor quality – after rejecting four plates before finding one that was clean, I tried the scrambled eggs (almost tasteless) and sausages (whose seasoning seemed to consist only of large amounts of pepper), orange juice (little resemblance to the real thing), and coffee (from one of those ‘put your cup under the spout and press the button’ machines).

Reasonable city-centre hotel

Stayed at the Nottingham Comfort Inn Friday and Saturday nights.
For the money it's fine, but don't expect anything special.

Positive: location (very close to the nightlife)
price (including a reasonable, filling breakfast)

Negative: decor, could do with the proverbial lick of paint
noise (the downside of it's location I suppose)

Also, the hotel's front door is locked after a certain time of night and you have to ring a bell to gain access. As wasn't aware of that fact, caused me some panic when arriving back, especially as it took quite a while for the night porter to finally let me in.

The bar none

by TripAdvisor Member scott075

Well can i say "Comfort" is the right name for this hotel. I booked online and though what a great price for a City centre hotel, stay in many city centre hotels and paid through the noise for it. It was £55.00 two people incl breakfast per night. From the minute checked in the recpetion team where very welcoming, gave us all the right information we needed. The room was big, with a give double bed and nice plain decor in the rooms i love it. OUr first night we had dinner in the restuarnt to find a queit and relaxed room where the menu fitting what we wanted to eat after a long day. the server ws very helpful and was a lovely spain gentleman.

Everytime we meet a member of the staff they always where polite and asked how we where and even if they where busy. i will be telling all my friends back home about this great hotel and the staff one of a kind.

Pleasantly Surprised

I had a most enjoyable stay at this hotel while in Nottingham on business for a couple of days. Friendly service, clean and comfortable rooms, combined with a great city centre location and discounted car parking - I'll be using this hotel from now on when in Nottingham.

Location was Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member miss_elusive

Was staying at this hotel for 4 nights to visit some friends in Nottingham. Check in process was swift and informative and soon I was on my way to my room. A nice spacious double room the only problem was it was a smoking room which had all the remnants left of this. But that was the least of my worries. I was pleased with the room only problem was I could not open the windows, so left note requesting they be opened for me. But alas when I returned that evening they had not been.
The hotel breakfast was not bad for this hotel rating and better than some I had in other 3 star establishments. It was hot and there was a relatively good selection of continental and full english foods available.
What was a really great thing about this hotel was its location. There was a bus stop oppposite which connected you to the rest of the city which was useful. The hotel is bang in the middle of the city centre meaning you have everything you need on your doorstep.
A good hotel of great value, would stay here again if I was to visit Nottingham.

Do not go there!

by TripAdvisor Member TeeWee

I dont usually write these things but just felt i had to say what a horrible hotel this is. The only thing it has going for it is the location- which is very central!
1. We were told at check in that our rate inlcuded breakfast- and it didnt, we both seen it on the piece of paper i signed at check in but they refused to chow it to us!
2. When we went down for breakfast it was finished- we were told the wrong time at check in!
3. Now to the room- its was absolutley roasting- it was like a sauna, there was a fan in the room, but with this on and the windows fully opened (it was 3c outside) it was still unbearable! we had to sleep on top of the bed! The bathroom was also of a very poor standard- the bath panel had fell off and the sink looked like it had been smashed up and glued back together! The floor of the room was sloping down at one side- you could actually set a ball at one end of the room and it would roll down top the other- not to mention the squeaky uneven floor- which i couldnt walk on in heels as i probably would have broke my ankle!!

Thank god we'd had a few drinks both nights as we would never have slept- on the friday night there was a cheesy disco with loads of spanish music and on the saturday night it was like a kiddies school disco with loads of teeny boppers- both nights had unbearably loud music well into the night!

We spent very little time in this room- only when necessary, we just had to get out!!

I know the hotel wasn't overly expensive but iv stayed in cheaper ones with far higher standards- i would not reccommend this hotel to anyone- next time i think ill pay alot more money for some comfort!!

Comments