41 Maid Marian Way, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 6GD, United Kingdom

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• hotel 8/10 food 0/10

the hotel was lovely - only thing i could fault was the softness of the bed - other than that it was perfect - appart from the food it was inedible! would definately visit the hotel again but certainly wouldn't pay for a full english breakfast. i actually threw up!!!

• crazytracylady's Profile Photo

Great Hotel, cannot fault!

We stayed in the Park Plaza for my birthday in July 2007, my husband had booked it for a surprise birthday present for me as Nottingham was the place we had our first date! I read all the reviews prior to our visit and I must admit I was a little worried by some of them! My fears were, however, totally unfounded!

The reception staff (24 hour service) were extremely friendly and helpful, the entrance lobby is spacious and modern with beautiful fresh flower displays. We had requested an early check in and our room was ready upon our arrival at one oclock (usual check in is 2pm), the lifts to our room on the 3rd floor were really good, not jerky at all (and I have a phobia about lifts!)

Our room was large and modern with windows the whole length of it, a nice dressing table with complimentary wine and fruit tray, plenty of coffee, tea, fruit tea and biscuits. We had robes and slippers provided too which was a nice luxury touch. There was satellite tv and a mini bar, along with a hairdryer and ironing board should you need them. The bed was one of the largest and most comfortable I have slept in and there was plenty of storage space for luggage and clothing. The bathroom was very modern too, with a glass and steel sink and wash stand, a bath and power shower - excellent! Everything was spotlessly clean and we had no complaints whatsoever.

We didn't eat at the hotel for dinner but in the morning we opted for breakfast in our room which I think cost us an extra £4 each - well worth it, we chose a full english each along with juice and toast but they also brought us danish pastries and rolls and a selection of jams and marmalades - it was lovely and the room service waitress was very pleasant and cheery.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Unique Quality: The location of the hotel is excellent, very central, just a few minutes walk to all the shops, bars and restaurants.

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

~ Stunning Hotel In the heart of the City ~

I booked to come to the Park Plaza for one night when Gaz & I went to see Justin Timberlake at the Nottingham arena. The hotel is fantastic, its in a superb location in the heart of the City, close to the nightlife, close to lots of beautiful restaurants, bars and of course the Nottingham Arena.

The staff were very friendly and the room was very spacious and immaculately clean, there was a mini bar, hair dryer, television and tea and coffee making facilities. The shower was fantastic, you can adjust the head on it to massage your back....very soothing. The hotel also has a restaurant called Chino Latino on site which serves Asian meals which is an award winning restaurant.

Unique Quality: The unique quality of the Park Plaza is the location, it is ideal for business or pleasure as its close to everything such as the business district of Nottingham, the nightlife, restaurants and bars and also Nottingham Castle, Nottingham Arena, Royal Concert Hall and Robin Hood.

Also a big quality is the bed, we had a double room and the bed was huge and extremely comfortable with big feather pillows.... i had the best sleep ive had in a long time.

So if you want a stunning hotel in a fantastic location then the Park Plaza is the place to stay!

Directions: Facing the Robin Hood Museum & Mem Saab Indian Restaurant

• Nixter01's Profile Photo

4 **** Luxury

The Park Plaza is situated in the centre of nottingham city centre, close to all ammenities and with 178 air-conditioned bedrooms with mini-bars, irons, tea/coffee making facilities, internet access makes this a very warm stay .

Unique Quality: This hotel boasts a Chino Latino Restaurant which offers Eastern, Latin and Asian cuisine served along with cocktails !

More about Park Plaza Nottingham

Good hotel, excellent restaurant

Stayed here with some friends, found the hotels public areas very striking. For the money, the rooms are good, was all clean and well designed. If I was going back to Nottingham, would definitely stay here again.

The breakfast was as good as I've had for buffet, quality ingredients and all hot.

Had room service breakfast the second morning and was good and fresh.

Ate in the restaurant the night before, superb (not cheap, but less than I've paid for similar)!

I'm not sure whether the other reviews were part of teething problems but we had a great stay.

Its ok.

by TripAdvisor Member BorisMcWhirter

I stayed here during the recent Ashes cricket match held in Nottingham. On my arrival I was delighted to see the Australian cricket side and other cricket dignatory's were also staying in the Park Plaza, so I thought it must be a reasonably good hotel.

This is a decent hotel, I found the front desk staff to be helpful, I thought the rooms were a good size and well set out. The hotel has potential to live up to its 4 stars however I do feel it is let down by its housekeeping
service.

On arrival there was no remote control for my tv, it would not work without it, the front desk sorted this for me, however my replacement remote had no battery cover on the back though so they kept falling out. The iron in the room was not working, once again the front desk sorted this for me with a brand new iron. The mini-bar was partially stocked, the shower glass door was not wiped down before my arrival, it was cleaned each morning after though. One morning my bed was made, however when I pulled back the duvet there was no bedsheet only the bare matress, I found the bed sheet was scrumpled at the toe of my bed under the duvet..... So its these little things which spoil a potentially good hotel, it comes down to poor senior management I guess.

Unsure!!

by TripAdvisor Member Carlau

Came to Nottingham with a group of ten for my hen night - the hotel is nicely decorated and the rooms a good size with comfortable beds, although the lighting in the room is not good (not good for the ladies trying to put makeup on!!). The hotel is very very central and close to all the pubs and several large nightclubs. The breakfast was nice with a varied choice. However, I would not visit this hotel if I wanted a quiet weekend away with my partner, as it was full and I mean full of party goers, hen and stag do's which was great for us when we stayed put not for others!! If you want a nice clean room after a big night out inthe city this hotel is great for you but for a romantic night away I'd have to give it a miss!

Also discgusted

Stayed for two days for my 1st Wedding anniversary. Arrived after midnight to be told the valet parking stops at 10:30 pm (try finding that on the website) So had to park at an NCP. THe staff pointed in the vague direction of the bottom of the road for a car park so i eventually found one abour 15 minutes away. We had to walk through the town full of drunk folk carrying our bags after a 5 hour journey.

Got the room which was so dirty we could not stay in it. You will find dirty carpets in every room, and they do not clean the bathrooms at all properly. I complained and got upgraded to an executive but this was about the same quality as most travellodges ive stayed at. Still not the cleanest but i accepted it.

To cut this short, various other disasters ruined our weekend and i would recommend you DO NOT STAY here. It is all front and no substance. Stay at an out of town Travellodge and book in to the restraunt.

PS There is no parking. The Valet parking will cost you £12.50 per night and remember it stops early especially on a Sunday.

My favourite Nottingham hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Stelstar

I often stay over in Nottingham and have tried a lot of the hotels. I've stayed at the Park Plaza about 4 times now and its my favourite hotel in Nottingham. I usually book it online with Last Minute at a discounted rate. It has very nicely decorated rooms and comfy beds. I have always been given a room with a kingsize bed. Last time I stayed I got upgraded and had a bottle of wine, bathrobes and extra beauty products supplied for no extra charge. I also hadn't asked for an upgrade and had arrived quite late so wasn't expecting it!
The breakfast buffet was excellent and the resturant Chino Latino's has excellent food but is pricey.
Staff have always been helpful. Parking is across the road and you have to pay extra for it but this is the only downside.
I have recommended it to friends and they loved it there too!
Will definately be staying there again.

No complaints at all!

I am suprised at the bad reviews this place has received. I stayed here on a short trip during my honeymoon. The room was immaculate and everything seemed brand new. I never saw or heard another guest (unless I was in the lobby.) Everything in the room was extremely modern, worked great, marvelous bathroom. I never tried the restaurant, but I recommend the pasties shop up the street. I have nothing bad to say about this place and would stay again in a heartbeat. Walking distance to Rock City, Nottingham Cemetery, Robin Hood. Quiet, comfortable, and we loved it.

Park Plaza Hotel, Nottingham

by LauriShima

Does this hotel charge for 800 number calls, for international calling card calls, for local calls, or for internet access? If so, how much? If you don't bring a lap top, is there a computer available for internet access and at what cost? Thanks

Re: Park Plaza Hotel, Nottingham

by leics

I think you would get more accurate information if you emailed the hotel directly with your questions, unless someone on VT has actually stayed there recently.

It seems there is both Internet and email access via TV (assuming this is the hotel you mean: http://www.hotelpronto.com/Availability/HotelDetails.aspx?AffiliateID=2381&HotelId=1136 ).

Comments