Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street)

#3 of 92 hotels in Nottingham

Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities
AmberJ15's Profile Photo

A Good Nights Sleep Guaranteed? Well, actually..no

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 6, 2013

Myself and my partner have stayed in many of these types of hotels (Travelodges, Days Inns etc) this was our first time at a Premier Inn. We were under the impression that the staff would be helpful considering their recent 'we guarantee you a good nights sleep' campaign.

Firstly, parking was £10 per night! Although after paying I was assured that my parking bay was reserved for me only so I didn't need to worry about finding a new space every time I returned to the hotel at the end of my day. This was not the case. Every time I returned a different car was parked in my bay. Every time I told reception and was assured that it wouldn't happen again. Even though it did.
Secondly, after the first night I asked reception if they could supply me with/sell me some ear plugs. My partner often has difficulty sleeping and we'd left his plugs at home. Now, I don't think it's a strange request, the receptionist, however, sounded very surprised even after I explained that my partner is a light sleeper and the hotel was fairly loud. They didn't have any ear plugs.
Thirdly, again after the first night I asked if there was a possibility of getting a duvet of a lower tog. The duvet in our room was very thick, heavy and far too hot....the thermostat in the room read 23 degrees C the whole time we were there. This is far too hot for either of us. Sadly, Premier Inn (who, remember, guarantee you a good nights sleep) could not provide me with an alternative duvet, all they could do was give me a spare undersheet to sleep under. One extreme to the other really.
Fourthly, the final day of our stay after we had checked out (and complained to the unsympathetic receptionist) we decided to have breakfast in the hotel before we began the 4 and a half hour drive home. The member of staff manning the dining room desk (at the 'wait here to be seated' sign) didn't even look up from his till screen when I asked if we could be seated. He grunted at us, asking us what sort of breakfast we wanted. I told him continental and he said, 'yeah just help yourself'. No eye contact, nothing. After we'd helped ourselves and sat down a different member of staff came over to our table and asked us for our room number and then looked very confused when I told her we'd already checked out. She became quite flustered as apparently we were 'not on the list', whatever that meant. She basically made us feel like we shouldn't have been there at all.
As I said at the start of this review, this was our first experience at a Premier Inn and it will also be our last. Shame really as we travel a great deal due to my work, but it looks like we'll be sticking to the more cheap, cheerful and much more straightforward Travelodges, Welcome Breaks and Days Inns.

Unique Quality: The bed was comfortable. That's really all I can say.

Directions: It's a bit of a nightmare to get to due to Nottingham's amazing one way system. Google it.

planxty's Profile Photo

Perfectly adequate.

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 18, 2005

The Travel Inn, now renamed Premier Inn due, I believe, to a merger of two companies, is one of a relatively new breed of hotels in the UK. They would best be described as no-frills operations but providing "proper" hotel rooms as opposed to bed and breakfast facilities in someones home.

As such, they are perfectly adequate, as suggested in the title, although a bit soulless. The rooms are immaculate, en-suite, and the staff are friendly.

If you are not on a very strict budget, this is as good a place (and, indeed chain) as any.

Breakfast is not included in the room price.

Directions: Check the website - they describe it far better than I could!

Nearby Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street)

Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street)

• Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (goldsmith St) Hotel Nottingham

Address: Goldsmith Street, (formerly "Travel Inn"), Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG1 5LT, United Kingdom

Amenities at Premier Inn Nottingham City Centre (Goldsmith Street)

• Restaurant

Nottingham Travel Forum

Need advice about Nottingham, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Nottingham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Nottingham hotel reviews