The Olde Barn Hotel Nottingham

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about The Olde Barn Hotel Nottingham

Lovely Hotel - Highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member cityhopper_UK

Me and My husband stayed at this hotel for a night for a mini break after a day out at Alton Towers, (it was on the way home). We got it at a bargain price as we booked it last minute and stayed in a Double Deluxe room.

I was really worried about previous reviews but decided to go anyway, I'm glad that we did.

It is a fantastic little hotel, the staff couldn't be more helpful and our room, although a little small, was lovely with all the facilites you need and tastefully decorated.

The staff on the spa reception were extremely helpful and friendly. The pool stayed open late, as did the sauna and steam room and the jaquzzi is to die for! It was not at all busy and we had the spa facilities to ourselves from about 7:30pm! The only downside is that the pool does not have a shallow and deep end, (depth 1.5mtrs) so would not be suitable for children.

I think I would be a little disappointed if I had paid full price for the room that we had (£85.00 inc breakfast), but would most definately stay here again on a last minute deal.

TIP - don't go expecting your 5 star, walk round in big fluffy dressing gowns - spa hotel. I would personally class this as a mid range spa hotel. I went with quite low expectations due to the reviews and was really plesantly suprised.

Poor Hotel, good spa though

by TripAdvisor Member RachelVaranasi

I'd rate this as a mediocre hotel.
'Luxeries' were offered as lip service and to justify higher room costs rather than through a true wish to make us feel pampered.
It seemed to cater mainly for wedding parties and late night drinkers.
Excellent spa though - saving grace and included in room price.
Poor food. Staff in the restaurant were great however and the atmosphere was quite nice in there.
We experienced noise disturbance throughout the night. There was no one willing to deal with our complaint on the premises. Written correspondance with general manager failed to resolve our complaint satisfactorily.
Overall we were very unhappy and would warn other people off this hotel.

Absoloutely amazing!

by TripAdvisor Member iz93

What can i say. This hotel is one of the best i've ever been to. I have travelled many places around the world, in 5 star hotels and The Olde Barn certainly has 5 star aspects to it.

I went for a 'girly weekend' with a few girlfriends and we were all extremely impressed. We had one of the new rooms, but it was more like a suite and it was brilliant. It was spacious, clean, had a HUGE bed, a tv and sofa and a fabulous bathroom. I thoroughly enjoyed the jaccuzzi- i came back from swimming in the wonderful pool and decided to have a nice soak in the bath before supper.

The food was excellent. We had a drink in the bar before going into the restaurant and both had a very warm and inviting atmosphere. The staff are all so lovely- they all have a good sense of humour and were very helpful. Patrick, the owner, greeted us on arrival and from then on, he along with his other staff did whatever they could to make our stay more enjoyable.

In an excellent location and all round an excellent hotel. I'm hoping to go back very soon. I can't understand some of the ridiculous comments that people have made, they're obviously very fussy. don't be put off by them because this hotel is superb.

Comments