CLUMBER PARK,WORKSOP, Worksop, GB
Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Clumber Park

Not as good as it makes out ...

by TripAdvisor Member gemxx

Hmm I see mixed reviews on here about the Clumber Park Hotel....which tells me that a) the chef has left..as the food was certainly not brilliant or b) maybe some people's expectations are not the same as mine.
Either way my overall impression of this hotel was it looks good on the outside, fresh refurb ect , but there is no substance.

Staff are poorly trained and inefficient...not offensive or unpleasant, but panic if more than one phone rings or another person asks some thing, bar staff do not know the difference between a basic red merlot and white wine (and we asked 3), staff were not aware of the procedure for the evening as we had booked to see the tribute band.
The first room we were given was tiny and the bathroom door didnt close past the bath, was dimly lit and had mouldy bath panels. I asked for a room change and were given one promptly which was much better.
In the hotel guide book in the bedroom it stated that £1 of your stay would be donated to a local charity- I would love to have told them to invest in correct staff training.
During the evening meal, we were asked, whilst halfway through my meal what I would like for desert. The young lad in question can't have been older than 17 yrs, and I know they all have to start somewhere, but feel there was no leadership in the restaurant- it was fend for your selves attitude.
Rooms were well heated with adjustable radiators, windows opened, comfy bed, (shallow bath), no noise could be heard from either the busy main road or the disco downstairs.
At breakfast we ordered a full English breakfast. I just couldnt eat mine...I would have been ill. Bacon rare, overwhelming leek sausages and oily egg. The tea and coffee never arrived. I had to ask again , and only after we finished breakfast was it served.
I had to ask for pastries...the member of staff looked a bit worried..she nodded to the kitchen and nervously said 'he's not very happy at the minute', but I'll try.
I wouldn't got back -at least not to stay. I'd visit, to see another tribute band. Bar tariff was reasonable and not over inflated.
Ideal location for walks and cycling in Clumber Park.

Peace

by TripAdvisor Member hunkontour

We managed a weekend break with a 1.5 yr old child. Thoroughly enjoyable - from the peace and quiet, a spa that allowed us in as a family - and then had reserved times for us as a couple, to the tastey menus. Best of all though - great staff - having stayed at more hotels between work and holidays than I would like to, staff make the difference. Plus the woods to wonder around near by and a superb farm to visit for kids (20 mins by car).

Oh Dear

by TripAdvisor Member scatch1

Not a good experience. We stayed recently for 1 night as we were attending a wedding at the hotel. Overall it was not good. Good points as follows:

Food during the day and buffet in the evening both very good.

Great location

Bad points:

Very expensive drinks - £5 for a G&T. £3.25 for a pint of lager. I don't mind paying but come on. It felt like theft particularly as I had to complain about seriously short measures on the pints.

Brasserie very cold at all times

Bed clothes not clean and possibly not changed from the previous occupant!!!!! We did not discover this until 02:00 when we finally went to bed!

Tea/coffee luke warm at breakfast (which was acceptable - no more).

Overall not a good experience and I would suggest if you have a choice for £120 go elsewhere and the new room we stayed in was no better than a Premier Inn.

Comments