The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Expedia.com Travelocity Tingo.com

More about Banbury

StormStorm

Front of the buildingFront of the building

Peoples ParkPeoples Park

Morris dancers at TadmartonMorris dancers at Tadmarton

WHAT IS BANBURY REALLY LIKE

by jerseycow

I am thinking of staying AT WORMLEIGHTON HALL ON OXFORD ROAD AT BANBURY. I WAS LOOKING FOR A REVIEW FOR THE PROPERTY ON TRIP ADVISOR AND CAME ACROSS A FORUM ON BANBURY THAT BASICALLY WAS TWO PEOPLE ARGUING OVER THE HORRIFIC CRIME RATE AND HOW UNSAFE THE AREA IS.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH AND WHAT THE AREA IS LIKE? WE INTEND ON STAYING FOR 2 NIGHTS ARE WILL BE USING THIS AS BASE CAMP FOR EXPLORING AROUND THESE PARTS. WE HAVE AN 18MONTH OLD DAUGHTER WHO WILL BE TRAVELLING WITH US SO SECURITY IS A CONCERN TO US.

RE: WHAT IS BANBURY REALLY LIKE

by Watsoncomper

Hi

I live about 15 miles from Banbury. I have been to the forum you speak of and have read the comments. They seem to be describing a town I have never heard of. We shop in Banbury every week and go Rock and Roll dancing at the weekends in the area. I have never seen or been involved in any unsavourily incident.

Banbury is a fairly large market town in the rural Midlands. I am sure if you visit the local night spots late at night there maybe revellers who may have had too much to drink just like just about any other town in the UK.

However, I would consider Banbury a very safe place to visit. I never even think of trouble when visiting Banbury or any of the towns in the Midlands. There are far worse places in the UK than Banbury.

I would recommend you continue with your plans and look forward to a very pleasant holiday. The local people are extremely friendly.

RE: RE: WHAT IS BANBURY REALLY LIKE

by robine

Having lived in Oxford, and visited Banbury quite a number of times, I agree entirely with Graham. I've never spent the night there, but to the best of my knowledge it's a very safe town. It'll also be a good base for exploring the Cotswalds. Go, amd enjoy!

RE: RE: WHAT IS BANBURY REALLY LIKE

by Spincat

I lived in Banbury about 20 years ago (just for a year when I was at the art school there). I visit a friend there quite a bit and I've never had any trouble there at all. You'll have a great time.

Re: WHAT IS BANBURY REALLY LIKE

by ligaya

Hello,
I live here in Banbury for about one a haft year now but thanks i never got any trouble here, it is a very safe town so, just come and enjoy.

Travel Tips for Banbury

Banbury, one of these places to fall in love with.

by STEFZAMM

"A great idea to stop by at Banbury"

Driving from Coventry to Windsor I thought it was a good idea to stop and visit Banbury and it was a great idea indeed.

As we drove to Banbury I immediately looked for Banbury cross which made me frown and go back to great childhood memories and Banbury's famous nursery rhyme - Ride a Cock Horse.

We then walked around in the city centre, shops, restaurants, old buidings, wine shops and cobbled streets.

We stopped for lunch which we found simple but throughly memorable. Made some shopping in one of the shopping centres. Spoke with some locals who were extremely nice and all in all made our visit one to remember.

"Ride a Cock Horse"