Travelodge Burford

Travelocity Orbitz.com Hotels.com

More about Burford

Burford's High StreetBurford's High Street

Pretty house, BurfordPretty house, Burford

Looking down the main streetLooking down the main street

HuffkinsHuffkins

Travel Tips for Burford

Beautiful Memories...

by coceng

I love this photo ! As if I captured it from a different era !
It would be great if this is my house !
Of course the insurance money would be a lot !
I don't care, I just have to find somebody to pay for it all !

Beautiful Memories...

by coceng

This is The Tourist Information Centre which is lushly covered by thick plants ! Love the sight !
It was closed when I was there as it was after 6 pm.
That red car in front of it sorts of ruin my photo, don't you think ?
This was also my last photo in Burford...& sadly my LAST destination of my Cotswolds trip !
You can see ALL the towns & villages that I have been to for the 2 days Cotswolds trip that I did with Patrick & Roger (plus Roger's mum...) on HERE...[Please click...]NEXT DESTINATION :
OXFORD ! [Please click]

Busy & Scenic...

by coceng

Burford lies about 20 miles west of Oxford; It is a busy town & also regarded as yet another gateway to THE COTSWOLDS !
This pedestrian walks are going uphill & as we walk further up, we could see the valley lies in the looming distance (as you could see on the top photo...).
In the left photo, more ole buildings with flowers & plants adorning the walls & I am a sucker for this sight !Continue with my photos around Burford ! [Please click...]

Burford - Gateway to the Cotswolds

by sue_stone

Burford is a charming village in the picturesque Cotswolds - in fact it is known as the 'Gate to the Cotswolds', and is located about 20 miles west of Oxford.

Its steep main street sweeps down to the pretty Windrush River, and it is lined with historic buildings which are home to interesting shops, guest houses, pubs and restaurants.

There is an impressive 15th century church to visit, and also the Tolsey Museum, which was the site of meetings and transactions between Burford's wool traders back in 14th-17th centuries.

I have visited Burford a couple of times, the first time we stayed overnight and the second time we visited with my sister and stopped off for morning tea. It is a charming town and is well worth a look on your visit to the Cotswolds.

Comments