Kings Arms Hotel

Kings Arms Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

More about The Kings Arms

Lovely property with nice gardens

by TripAdvisor Member Cords00

When planning my trip to the Cotswolds, I chose to stay in Chipping Campdem because of the wonderful reviews I had read of The Cotswold House Hotel. I was not disappointed. The town itself is very picturesque (as other nearby towns), but not as touristy and the hotel was great (if a bit over-priced).

The garden cottage room where I stayed was three times the size of a standard room in the UK and was very nicely decorated. Techonolgy was top end (bathroom included flat screen tv) and the hotel offers to pre-stock the minibar with your favorite snacks before arrival (although the receptionist did forget to mention this when I booked my reservation).

It has a lovely garden with patio furniture where you can enjoy complemintary champagne or tea if you are a member of Mr and Mrs Smith. The hotel has 2 restaurants. We had dinner at Juliana's which was quite good, although their dessert menu was limited.

The owners must be art collectors, as there were works of art all over the place. Service was good. The only downside was that there was only one computer in the entire hotel and it was not working, but as I was not travelling on business it did not affect me (and staff did let me check my e-mails in their office).

I would recommend this hotel to people who are travelling around the Cotswolds and are not on a tight budget. They have a sister property, The Noel Arms, across the street and I believe it is cheaper.

Gorgeous Chipping Camden

by TripAdvisor Member Xanadustar

Have just spent a weekend at the Cotswold House and really can't fault it. It is fearfully expensive but when I discovered that the room I had booked had already gone, the hotel immediately offered me an upgrade for the same price which lessened the pain a little!

We stayed in the Longborough suite, a two-floor cottage with it's own garden and hot tub. The living room had a real fire which I was determined to light even though it wasn't that cold! The bedroon was in the eaves and was just lovely - huge comfy bed with a pillow menu should you wish to change the ones supplied. Acqua di Parma stuff in the bathroom which found their way home with me.

The highlight was the outdoor hot tub though which was appropriately secluded and a real bubbly treat.

Staff were friendly and helpful and we ate on the first night in the brasserie where the food was good but again expensive. The following night we went to the Lygon pub across the road and stuffed ourselves with good honest pub grub at considerably less expense. Both days we had breakfast in our room (included in the rate), delivered bang on time and with an excellent choice.

Fell in love with Chipping Camden which really is the epitome of a rural English small town. If you want a treat, go for the Cotswold House and you won't be disappointed.

my idea of bliss

by TripAdvisor Member cayla44

This hotel starts with a perfect location...but everything else seemed to us to be perfect too. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed and cherished. Christa Taylor,one of the owners,who was in reception, and indeed all the staff throughout our stay, seemed to think of each guest as a particularly chrished member of the family. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them. The room was, of course, spotlessly clean but also equipped with state of the art television and dvd player, the most comfortable bed we've ever sampled, a very trendy bathroom, fascinating art work and furniture, with an ideal combination of the old and the new. We had dinner the first night in the brasserie, delicious food and very welcoming service, and then the second night in the restaurant, where the only difficulty was in deciding which of the tempting dishes to have. Here too the service was ideal, anticipating everything we wanted without being intrusive. Of course Cotswold House is not cheap, but I would say it is wonderful value and I cannot wait to return.

Perfect Romantic Hideaway

I can't imagine a lovelier place to stay. I've been to Cotswold House many times - sometimes for the night, and sometimes just for a meal - and I'm hooked forever!
Chipping Campden has to be the most exquisite small town in the United Kingdom. Every building is an architectural gem, the residents are friendly, and the sweeping countryside is lush and otherworldly.
The hotel stands at the center of town, and fittingly so. Its golden stone frontage extends a warm welcome, as do the hotel's two delightful owners. From the start, they made it clear that nothing would be too much trouble, and that constant attention to detail and to our comfort extended throughout our stay.
I would recommend both of the dining options. The restaurant is of top-tier quality - it rivals anything I've experienced in London or New York - and the more informal brasserie is suffused with a generosity of spirit - and of flavors! Our summer stay was particularly delightful, since we got the chance to take our coffee - and cocktails - to the sunlit patio, and to wander through the secluded gardens.
As for romance, I'm planning a trip this spring with the love of my life. There was no other place I even considered, since the owners and staff know just when to step back and let their guests enjoy each others' company, and when to approach with suggestions of enjoyable actitivities in the lovely Cotswolds. But I've found more than enough entertainment within the hotel. Every detail of the fixtures and fittings seemed to have been designed with style, comfort and pure luxury in mind. From the hot tubs to the individually tailored bedding to the contemporary sculpture, I got a sensory treat that I wished would never end. I can't wait to be there again.

Wonderful design, a great place to discover!

by TripAdvisor Member nikkiplews

My husband took me away for a "mini break" suprise for my bday, and we had a wonderful 2 night stay at the hotel. Service, food etc were great, and the room design was fantastic, with wonderful attention to design details...loved the Starck bath! The only thing was it was on the pricey side, and thank god brekkie was included! A truly luxourious stay, and as we booked through Mr and Mrs Smith, we had the choice of afternoon tea or a bottle of champers on the house, which was a nice gesture. Felt the only downsides were the lack of products in the bathroom, ie conditioner, body creams etc. We just came back from Soho House NY, and found it great to help yourself to a
a massive range of wonderful products, and leave them. Other than that, loved it and will definately recommend it to our friends!

ps, best to look for a deal as it really is pricey!

A Quaint Cotswold HouseA Quaint Cotswold House