Foxcombe Lodge Hotel

Fox Lane, Boars Hill, Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1 5DP, United Kingdom

Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Do Not Stay

Excrement in toilet. No window catch so couldn’t shut window. Old broken furniture.
    Dirty old sheets with a long black hair. Thin dirty pillows. Reheated sausage and bacon. Sugar bowl stuck to sticky table. Whole place was dirty and dated.
    Waitress at breakfast gave no smile, just looked at us as if we were disturbing her, and looked totally uninterested chewing her gum.
    Rude Assistant Manager didn’t apologise for any of the above, seemed totally uninterested, and couldn’t even be bothered to give me any sort of eye contact.
    Booked in for 4 nights left after one night.

Unique Quality: None

More about Oxford

I really should quit smoking...I really should quit smoking...

Tom QuadTom Quad

OutsideOutside

Queens Street ViewQueens Street View

Self-catering accomodation

by PatSteffen

Hi !
We´re looking for a holiday home in and around Oxford for this years july. Has anyone informations or tips, where I could go to ?
Thanks a lot !

Re: Self-catering accomodation

by MeinHoonNa

Hi. I'd suggest that you check with the universities as many of them rent out rooms/flats in the halls of residences during the summer months while the students are away. Usually at reasonable rates. There's obviously Oxford Uni but you should also try Oxford Brooks Uni too.

Good luck.

Travel Tips for Oxford

Bus tours

by Imbi

Open top bus tours operate regularly through the city.

For a guided tour of Oxford and the colleges try the City Sightseeing Oxford Tour, with daily departures of every 15 minutes in the summer, every 30 minutes in the Winter.

The Views From St. Mary's Church...

by coceng

There are 127 steps to go up the tower of St. Mary's Church.
From the top, we can see excellent views over the city of Oxford !
These are my photos, my own views from my camera, through my eyes to the top; on the tower & descending down...
After my photo was taken, I descended down the steps; Not easy because it's winding & have small steps...
Saw this woman (not a man...) who was pulling the rope to the bell;
I thought, " Oh ! Oh ! I have to get down fast or the bell would be ringing in my head forever !".
It's always when I'm up on any church tower, the bell would be ringing either I went up or coming down.

Gargoyles

by Elodie_Caroline

These Gargoyles adorn many of the old buildings in Oxford eg: Colleges and Churches. Obviously the idea was taken from the architecture in France.

I'm sure that I used to go out with some of these guys?.............. hahaha ;-)

Weather Forecast

by barryg23

The weather in Oxford varies by season. From Aprl - September it is usually mild, with occasional hot & sunny days in summer. The winter is quite chilly but the temperature rarely drops below zero. It can rain any time time of year so be prepared. No need Be sure to bring a camera - there is lots to photograph.

Magdelen College (pronounced...

by Michael_D

Magdelen College (pronounced maud-lin) whose tower can be seen in the distance is perhaps my favorite. It has the good fortune to be both at the crux of the ISIS and accross from the Botannical Gardens at the end of High Street. Famous graduates include Cardinal Wolsey and Oscar Wilde.

Comments