367 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7PL, United Kingdom

Official Site Priceline.com

• Best accommodation in Oxford

a fantastic new modern Hotel (not actually a hotel as it does not serve alcohol or evening meals). everything is fresh clean and new, a little like the Malmasion hotel style, but cheaper and much more friendly staff. A much appreciated bonus was the free wireless internet facility available thoughout the property. They even had flatscreen LCD screens. Wow!

Note, they are very popular and we booked to late to extend our stay for an extra night. They were full the 2 nights we were there. Book in advance!

Directions: Summertown area of North Oxford. (Nice part of Oxford)

More about Remont

Loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member RubyrooLondon

We stayed at Remont when we found difficulty getting a B&B in central Oxford that would take a child, but so glad we were forced to look further afield.

It was spacious (given the fact we were using the sofa bed as well as the main bed), clean, beautiful bathroom, stylish. We were given a ground floor room at the back and could park our car very near the accommodation. Breakfast was OK.

Staff helpful with recommendations for restaurants - we went to a Chinese (Xian), there was a slightly nearer Chinese restuarant but we were advised to walk for just a few more mins to get to this one and it was very good.

Area is nice suburbia, and we were able to stock up food in M&S before travelling onto our next port of call.

Website is inaccurate!

by TripAdvisor Member InterntlTraveler10

I am writing this review from the property. It is not a hotel but a guest house. There are only 10 TV channels on the satellite, not 30. The only air conditioning (need to dehumidify the room) is in the top floor attic rooms (loft). The lift only goes to floor 1. The loft is acccesible by a narrow right angle staircase from floor 1. The rear rooms facing the garden are hot in the afternoon (as told to us by property attendant) but there is no AC in these rooms. The walls are thin - we can hear our neighbors talking. The rooms we looked at (3) do not look like the web photos - misleading.

This property has the ambiance of a Motel 6 or a Knights Inn. Cheap furnishings, little decor. Reception closes down at 9:30 PM. This is not a 4 Star property as stated on their website - I have stayed in many 3, 4, and 5 star properties in Europe and this is a strong 2 or weak 3 at best.

You can walk to the local shopping area (Summertown) but why? Looks like they clean the streets ever few years - dirtier than most small towns here. For example, Witney is much cleaner and more attractive.

Keep looking - there must be better in the area.

A quiet, clean 3 star motel - definitely not that of a 4 star hotel caliber

by TripAdvisor Member Sojourner777

My personal opinion on this hotel is mixed. We stayed in a twin room on the first floor for one night and I found this place very quiet and clean. The best thing about this "hotel" is that it is close from the bus stop that leads to the city center. Aside from that, nothing is really particular to justify its claimed "4 star quality accomodation," for there was not even a refrigerator in our room. The staff are cordial but unprofessional (I mean no one's really around to take care of your needs around the clock and they're not wearing suits. But any how, when you press a button, they'll jump out from somewhere to take care of you. You must see yourself to know what I mean.)

Having viewed some photos, I guess I expected something more. My candid photos will illustrate better how the place actually looks like.

Will I stay there again? I think I will. After observing that the most expensive hotel in this town is situated in the midst of traffic chaos and construction site, I figured a little more quietness will do better.

cosy remont

by TripAdvisor Member bob069

We wanted a quick weekend break and decided on Oxford and Remont. We were not disappointed. At first the property los deceptively small from the outside, and we were worried that all the parking spaces had already been taken. However, we were relieved to find further parking at the rear of the property. I think perhaps some extra signage for parking might be beneficial to guests.

Once inside, we found Remont to be spacious and modern. They had a comfortable lounge area with a computer work station free for guest, which was very welcome. The breakfast area was roomy, smart, and they served a wonderful buffet breakfast with no restrictions on the full English or Continental.

The rooms were exceptionally clean with modern fixtures and fittings. The satellite TV was a welcome addition with a variety of channels to watch, certainly more than the 10 channels previously mentioned.

I recommend remont to anyone staying in oxford as it is only a few minutes away from the city centre and the friendly Summertown and transport is not a problem.

Although Remont may los like a Hotel, it does not serve alcohol or evening meals, but for us that was not a problem. There were many nice places to eat and drink locally which was recommended to us by the owners. If you have time, try out the Trout, a wonderful Old pub by the river renovated in a modern style.

I will be planning my stay at Remont next time I’m in oxford.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Lovely and clean - I really do recommend it!

by TripAdvisor Member Kaygee

I stayed here for four nights in May, whilst on business nearby. At first I had some reservations about what it would be like, as it is a guest house, and not a hotel, but my reservations were soon set aside when I checked in.

I was greeted by a very friendly person who checked me into my room, gave me a tour of the property, and then carried my bag to my room.

My room was lovely - it was very crisp and clean, and I cannot think of one thing that I can call a negative. The bedding was beautiful, the bathroom was spotlessly clean and extremely well appointed, there was a LCD TV with freeview, and even free WIFI access! There was tea and coffe making facilities as well as bottled still and sparkling mineral water. Even the toiletries in the bathroom were lovely

Breakfast was served in the restaurant area, however at the time of writing this review, the guest house did not offer evening meals, however I managed very well as there is a small shopping area just along the road, with Mark and Spencer Food, and several other shops to buy something to eat, as well as plenty of eateries - in fact the Remont gave a list of those they recommended!

During the night the hotel was quiet, and I never heard any of my neighbours, no doors slamming, no raised voices or TVs.

I have no hesitation of recommending people to stay here if they are visiting Oxford. The city is just a short bus ride away, or if you are feeling adventurous, a few minutes drive.

If I ever need to work near Oxford again, and need a place to stay, then the Remont will be my first port of call.

A terrific experience

by TripAdvisor Member allisonrae

We stayed at Remont on 2 occasions--the fact that we returned a second time speaks for itself. The rooms,although smallish,were comfortable and well designed--VERY comfortable bed.Staff were helpful and courteous--family-owned and operated certainly works well here. Breakfast was excellent and breakfast room and new patio were both stylish and spacious. We would stay again in an instant.

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member yabadebadou

I go to this hotel on business and can recomment this hotel. Lovely hotel, non-smoking rooms, great style of furniture, pictures , nice rooms, fantastic breakfast / english and continental. Great location as next to nice restaurants.
Only downside, there is no bar or minibar.

Modern, Convenient Remont with Great Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member winediva

I stayed at the Remont Hotel in Sept 2006 for two nights to stay in the city after I attended a conference at St. Katherine's College. It was hard to get a decent property in central Oxford so I checked out Summertown and found that this property was newly opened. When we arrived, I was a bit wary because the outside looks like an average B & B but when we were shown to our room, I was happy to see that it was fully refurbished with all the modern amenities possible. The bathroom was fitted with expensive European fixtures, the bedding was new, clean and stylish and the wireless internet was very handy. We booked a twin room which was comfortable and quiet.

One morning, me and my friend overslept past the breakfast time and rushed downstairs practically in our pajamas and although we were late, they left the buffet open for us. The food was very good and they had freshly baked breads and pastries along with the usual cooked breakfast. The area in Summertown is so convenient with bus stops a few steps away and nearby, there are nice restaurants and a great wine bar as well.

The prices seem to have gone up since I stayed there but it is still a great place to stay. The staff are friendly and it's very nice.

Good Find

by TripAdvisor Member Rudders71

I stay often on business in Oxford and found this a pleasant change from the chains of hotels and the country pubs. It's decor is contemporary, the rooms very clean and the service was great. The garden and patio is a lovely plus to the hotel. I would definately stay here again. I have read the other reviews and agree that this is an upmarket B&B, not a problem with so many restaurants within a short walk and Marks & Spencers food court.
Only downside was the staff smoking outside the breakfast area in the morning.

Comments