Halfway House Inn

Myfanwe's Profile Photo

A tidy little Campsite

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2011

There is a lovely little campsite at the rear of the Halfway House Inn. I stayed here for just one night during a visit to Bridgnorth. I booked a pitch in advance and called in at the pub on arrival. The owners were really friendly and told me I could either pitch in the nearest field (which was mainly campervans) or the tent field out the back. I opted for the quieter rear field which was closer to the toilet block. I bagged myself a great corner pitch overlooking open countryside. As the camping field is separated from the main road by a long driveway I did not notice any traffic noise at all. There is however a dogs kennel just down the road and during the night I was awaken by howling dogs on a few occasions. The toilet and showers are ultra modern, heated and lovely and clean. There is also a dishwashing sink just outside this building.

There were only three tents and a few camper vans on the site while I was there but I imagine it gets a lot busier at weekends during the summer months so it would be wise to ring and book in advance.

Even though I didn't eat at the pub, I have read reviews that the food is very nice or the many eateries in Bridgnorth itself are just a short drive away.

I paid £7 for my camping pitch in August 2011. Check the website below for up to date prices.

Nearby Halfway House Inn

• Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Bridgnorth Travel Forum

Need advice about Bridgnorth, United Kingdom? Visit the Travel Forum for Bridgnorth and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Bridgnorth