By The Castle, Dinham, Ludlow, SY8 1EJ, United Kingdom

Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

• what a disappointment!

We have just returned from a weekend in Ludlow and the Dinham Hall Hotel. OK, the Dinham Hall Hotel is a beautiful town house hotel, with tastefully furnished rooms but sadly the service we received and the attitude of the staff left us feeling cheated and disappointed. If you are looking for a warm and relaxing break then I would advise you not to choose this hotel.
    We did not receive confirmation booking so I rang day before we were dut to arrive to confirm booking and all was ok. On arrival we were not given any sort of welcome or any introduction to the hotel and layout - I think this is surely basic to the trade. The young girl on reception then walked past us out the front door carrying two keys and when we asked where she was going she said she was taking us to our rooms. To reach our rooms we had to walk down steps, along a very poorly lit path, down more steps and then up more steps to our room which was on the upper floor of what appeared to be a converted barn type building with a rather large gap down the inside of the main door!! On a wet, windy and cold night I would not call this acceptable when you are expecting to stay in the main hotel building!! We were in the upper room and our friends were in the lower room and as mentioned in a previous review they too could hear us moving about in our room. The room was lovely and very tastefully decorated with complimentary tea and coffee facilities. We expressed our disappointment at reception but as far as they were concerned they had sent email confirmation, which would have mentioned we had an annexe room - which I did not recieve hence my phone call to confirm booking - and the problem was ours. I have limited mobility and if this had been mentioned when I made the telephone booking we would have went elsewhere! We were told the member of Staff - Lauren - who had taken our booking was nolonger with them but they were sure she would have mentioned it when she made the booking. Can you believe that within an hour of arriving for a weekend away two insinuations had been made that I was not telling the truth!!!! At breakfast the following morning we found the milk for our cereal to be sour. When we mentioned this to the waiter (who we had to go and find as he appeared to be the jack of all trades!) he told us he thought the milk was ok!!!!!! The milk was SOUR and if a paying customer is unhappy surely you agree and accomodate them to the best of your ability. The full english was lovely except I had a very bad/sour poached egg which I suppose no one could be responsible for but again we had to go looking for the waiter to ask for a new fresh breakfast!!! On booking out of the hotel we mentioned our disappoint to the manager who basically had the attitude that we sent the email so the problem was yours. He was in no way apologetic and not really too interested. To us he had the attitude of not giving a dam, we were booking out, he our £540.00 and so what if were unhappy and disappointed with our much looked forward to weekend. I do not like writing such a negative review but I would not like anyone else to be treated in this way. Ludlow is a very interesting and pleasant town to visit and I am sure you will find better welcoming accomdation than the Dinham Hall Hotel!!

Unique Quality: none really!

Directions: central town location with free parking

• NilesUSA's Profile Photo

Charming English Manor House

Having the Bed and Breakfast feel, this historic house has plenty of charm. Not quite the modern and upscale amenties you might expect of a large city hotel (esp considering the price), but it more than makes up for its historic roots and the feel of the place. Actually had to walk slighly canted since the floors have all settled since it was built back in 400BC or whenever it was constructed. Right across from Ludlow Castle and the market. Food and wine list in the dining hall was quite good as well. Staff very pleasant. Fireplace was perfect for a chilly Spring evening too.

Directions: Directly across from Ludlow Castle.

Comments