Shrewsbury Hotels

Our Members Say

• Myfanwe profile photo Myfanwe
  • Reviews: 1057

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Premier Inn Central: A Great stay!

The premier inn in Shrewsbury is ideally situated close to the train station, next door to the bus station and just a few minutes walk to the town centre. We arrived before the usual check-in time of 2pm so asked the staff if we could leave our luggage. They were very accommodating and our luggage was stored in a locked room behind the reception area.

We were allocated room 222 which was close to the lifts and being at the front of the hotel has a view (beyond the trees) of the river Severn. Despite there being a busy road running alongside the front of the hotel, we could not hear any traffic noise at all.

The room facilities were of a very high standard, a lovely big comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities, tv, hairdryer and toiletries provided in wall mounted dispensers. Premier Inn allow 30 minutes free WIFI and it is chargeable after that.

The staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. The bar area and restaurant is situated on the ground floor and provides some lovely seating areas and outside seating for the summer months. We did not book breakfast but during the second evening of our stay the hotel had a power cut. We had just arrived back from a meal out at the time and decided to have a night cap in the bar. The staff did all they coud to fix the problem and offered us free drinks and complimentary breakfast the next day!
The breakfast was really good, a buffet style eat all you like system. There was a wide range of cereals, fruit, yoghurts, croissants, crumpets and of course the full English breakfast, It was delicious and really did set us up for the day.

I had a really enjoyable stay here and would like to visit again someday. If you can stay during the week there are some really cheap deals to be had. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday night in November, it cost 58GBP for both nights.

Friendly staff and comfy surroundings,

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Historical Travel, Hiking and Walking, Budget Travel
  • Written December 12, 2013
Tip Photo

• alectrevor profile photo alectrevor
  • Reviews: 1201

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lucroft: Good Accomadation

This guest house is a 2 minute walk from the railway station in a street called Castle Gates. From the station turn left. Very comfortable and good breakfast. A couple of pubs nearby and fish and chip cafe opposite.

The front is mock Tudor.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written March 30, 2012

Lucroft Guest House Shrewsbury

• TimeoutQueen profile photo TimeoutQueen
  • Reviews: 20

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hampton by Hilton Shrewsbury: “What a difference a Take Over makes”

What can I say, we were totally shocked and surprised at the excellent progress and transformation that had transformed the previously named Purple hotel or Blueberry Hotel, which had no heating throughout the entire hotel, in it `s old life. Now a warm welcoming clean hotel, with heating that works. Refurbished rooms are now so spacious, new flat screen TVs, free Wii-fi, absolutely huge bed, extra pillows supplied in your room. Excellent, excellent, excellent.... We were exceptionally impressed now it is in the hands of people who know the way and how a hotel should operate..... If you had stayed there in it`s previous life (as Purple Hotel or Blueberry) You will know what a welcomed surprise The Hampton Hilton now is....

It`s not 5 star, but it`s extremely comfortable and clean and good service...Loving the seat in the big shower....

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Disabilities
  • Written September 7, 2011
Tip Photo

• christine.j profile photo christine.j
  • Reviews: 892

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Catherine of Aragon: Excellent, simply excellent!

Well, I promised to be calm and objective, so I'll do my best. Let me start with some facts:
The house is from 1490, so it was built around the time Columbus set foot on American soil.Relatives of Catherine of Aragon used to live there, that's where the name is from.

It's a large house, about 20 rooms, right in the center of Shrewsbury, with a large garden. The owners managed to install all modern facilities without changing the look of the house or the rooms. Only one room can be rented, it's like a small apartment. There is a large bedroom, with two double beds, a hallway with a fridge, a shelf full of books, a living- room with TV, info about Shrewbury etc, and a bathroom. The toilet is hidden under panels, very victorian-like. The walls are panelled with dark wood, there are dark wooden planks on the floor, not completely smooth and even, but well trodden. I was thinking of the many,many people who had walked there before.

Everything is a perfect combination of history and modern comfort. It's more expensive than your average B&B, but quite simply , it is not your average B&B. If you want to treat yourself to something special,, that's a great place to stay. I also felt I got my money's worth.

Included in the price is a tour of the house, given by Tony (the owner). It took about one hour and was very interesting.
I learned a lot about Tudor England and the history. When the house was renovated in 1840, a hidden wall mural was found, which you can still see today. It made history come alive.
Another unique treat included in the price is a bottle South African sparkling wine. I had never had sparkling wine from South Africa before . It was very good!
Breakfast is served in your living room, you tell Mary (the owner) the night before what you'd like and when you'd like it. Needless to say, the food was excellent. Free range eggs, I had seen their henhouse in the garden.

All in all, a wonderful experience! Definitely the best place I've ever stayed in during all my trips to the UK.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average