Badminton Villa

10 Upper Oldfield Park, Bath, Somerset, BA2 3JZ, United Kingdom

More about Badminton Villa

A TripAdvisor Member from Toronto

by TripAdvisor Member Toronto100

We stayed for two nights at Badminton Villa in September 2006. Heather is a wondeful host, who was most helpful and made us feel right at home. Our very comfortable room was decorated in excellent taste and had a beautiful view. We recommend Badmonton Villa highly.

Loved It! 5 STARS!

by TripAdvisor Member ilovenerds

My 2 friends and I, went down to Bath for a girlie weekend of shopping and doing all the touristy things, as you do! However by staying at Badminton Villa we had a great location, great beds and great hosts which made our stay ten times better! Heather and Steve are so helpful for you to make the most out of your time in Bath and cook great english breakfasts! We had the best weekend ever! *****

A Terrific B&B

by TripAdvisor Member John&Adrienne

This is a fabulous place to stay! Our room was beautiful, comfortable, extremely clean, lovely views of Bath, and very well located.

Heather is an absolute delight, fixing wonderful hot breakfasts every day, and even packaged-up to take along when needed.

Both Heather and Steve go out of their way to ensure everything is perfect, especially giving wonderful advice on places to see and visit, best routes to take, etc.

We stayed 8 nights and loved every minute, hoping to be able to return one day. Not only did we enjoy the family-like hospitality, but all this for a very good price!

I'm one of the friends!

by TripAdvisor Member saffron90

I was one of the friends who went here with the person who wrote the review below, and I have to say that it was lovely! Heather and Steve were so friendly and helpful, and the hotel itself was beautiful with an amazing view over Bath. I would recommend this place to anyone and eveyone, and would just like to say, "Thanks very much Steve and Heather!"

loved the view loved the garden loved the food loved the owners

by TripAdvisor Member abbnells

We stayed at Badminton villa a couple of weeks ago. The owners could not have been more friendly they were like old friends .. nothing was to much trouble , the room was great clean and bright with a fantastic view over Bath , Breakfast was excellent and there was a choice ..of menu dont often get that in a guest house .. It was a great place and i would recommend to anyone visiting bath to stay there , it was central to the city and had an ambiance not often seen in uk guest houses ..

Biggest thanks ever!

by TripAdvisor Member coldpeas

Badminton Villa surpassed all our needs. Our hosts, Heather and Steve were fun, welcoming and very helpful.

In short, brilliant location, lovely comfortable ensuite room, and one of the best breakfasts around!

They provided the perfect setting for me to propose to my girlfriend, and even helped me develop the suprise plot!

A big big thanks to Heather and Steve, no doubt we will be back!

Excellent Guest House!

by TripAdvisor Member kedebs

We stayed here for three nights recently and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed it! One of the best Guest Houses we have ever stayed at. Heather was very friendly and made us feel at home straight away. The room was first class having a view from a bay-window over most of Bath and we enjoyed the breakfasts and chats in the morning so much that we found ourselves not wanting to leave! Very clean and well decorated, conveniently located and the perfect place to stay. We would highly recommend this and intend to come back soon!

Keith and Deborah

a good Samitarian, a caring shepherd

by TripAdvisor Member broke05

What would a waif feel if he finds the door of his abandoned home remains ajar , his mother's silhouette on the window sill, and the table full of hot food , waiting for his retrun ?

My friend and I had the same feeling of a stray welcomed home, and a dying trekker in a desert given drops of water.
The bright morning sky turned thunderous in the early afternoon the day we arrived Bath, and during the time of which we had to look for accommodation from door to door. Both of us were heavily soaked in rain, hungry and uncertain of a place to stay.

Here comes the lady of Badminton Villa, offering every possible help she could think of, and we might need. She even delayed her arranged shopping trip for our convenience. She gave a number of useful proposals for our town walk and highlights in Bath. Since we scheduled to stay for one more nite in Bath, and had been unable to secure another B and B the next day,( our room this nite was just known vacant a short time ago because of cancellation) she voluntairly made numerous phone calls immediately to other B/B, to her friends' and ultimately she successfully located us in a farm house. Such wonderous was that the next day was the Moon Festival of China, and you can imagine how mystic and striking to see the full moon hanging over the tips of an array of pines in an undulating farmland when the only sound heard was our own breath.

Actually, we are not in a host's home. We are part of her family that nite. We needed her advice to find a room after our repeated failure in finding one. When we returned 8 at nite, we talked about our ordeal in finding a room for the next nite, interrupting her dinner with her husband, but, within about 15 minutes, next came her solutions. Our worries are her concern, and she always came up with solutions, not suggestions. It is this home feeling conceived in the spirit of B/B that sustains this unique type of travel accommodation and gradually sets a culture .

She knew what we needed. Finding us wet from head to toe, she gave us towels, and showed us the storeroom where I could find more duvets if in need.

Morning smiles. Excellent breakafast. Unlimited supply of juice: orange and canterberry, not to mention choices of cereals, prunes, banana, fruit cocktail, yugart. These are only starters. I have never found a such generous hostess in feeding hungry mouths with fresh, vitalising food. The full British breakfast , hot and individually prepared, deserves two thumbs up. You have also mushsrooms. An elaborated, upgrade meal.
I don't need to ask for 'more'. The hostess asks me.

Great talks. witty replies. a glib talker and also a responsive listener.

Do I need to mention the layout and amenities in the room? cleanliness? If the dogs are well groomed and kempted, the master wouldn't look seedy. All are spic and span. No complaints. Cool air, moon-lit sky, gentle breeze, clean and well-starched bed sheet, pillows with good neck support: not too soft or hard, a comfortable mattress: a sound sleep is guaranteed.

It would be perfect if we can have some magazines, not necessarily updated ones, in the living room or in the bedroom. Just some reading of interests, like cars, travel, films, arts etc. Turning pages of gossip magazines would end a busy day with ease.

Prunes in my bowl of cornflakes for breakfast. Do it one more time when we come back soon.

Hospitality at its finest

by TripAdvisor Member Monkeybath

I recently went to Bath for a long weekend with my girlfriend, and was lucky enough to book a two night stay at Badminton Villa.

From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed in by Heather and Steve, who I must say are two of the most fantastic hosts I've met. Bags are taken up to the room for you, which is such a great touch, and the room we stayed in (Room 2) has the most fabulous view of the city and surrounding countryside.

Breakfast was a full English, with freshly brewed coffee and orange juice, and all the produce is bought from local butchers and the like. We were then recommended the best places to check out in the city, including the newly opened Bath Spa (well worth a look), The Green Tree Pub, and The Bath Abbey - aswell as some great shops if you're into that kind of thing!

All in all, a great weekend, made special by the welcome we received and our gratious hosts . . . . . . . very much like spending the weekend with family!

Looking Forward to a Return Visit

by TripAdvisor Member Hathaway

We have just realised that we forgot to put our comments in your book and would like to tell you what a lovely stay we had with you last week - Monday 23rd October. You gave us such a warm welome and made us feel immediately at ease. The room was extremely comfortable with all the facilities we would
want and everything had been cleaned and presented to the highest standard.
My husband particularly enjoyed the excellent cooked breakfast and I was particularly pleased to see fresh fruit and yogurt on the menu.The advice we sought on where to eat and what to see was immensely helpful, you are indeed extremely knowledgeable about the area. This meant a great deal as the time we had was so limited, next time we shall be booking for a longer period!

We look forward to staying at Badminton Villa again