Bath YHA

YHA Bath
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Beware of the annex!

Very helpul staff, good kitchen facilities,main building was clean. Annex smelt awful, apparently because previous guests had flooded hall carpets. Guests were sleeping with windows open etc. My request to be moved was dealt with courteously as the staff are obviously aware of the problem and we had comfortable night in main house where there was, luckily, alternative accomodation available.. Check room out on arrival!

• daelight's Profile Photo

A good place to get a night's kip

Ok, I have to fib a little. I didn't actually stay here but a friend of mine worked there, and since The Best Hostel in the UK closed a few years ago that was located in Bath I reccommend this Hostel highly.

It is set in an amazing surrounding - the views are stunning. The facilities are very good and the food / bar is very comfy, just as it should be. Can you touch the 15ft high ceilings?? Maybe if had remembered to pack your trampoline you could answer me that ;)

Unique Quality: Beautiful views
    Historic Building

• Kettleman's Profile Photo

YHA

Have stayed twice as an overnight stop en route to Cardiff to watch Arsenal play at the Millennium Stadium in the FA Cup Final.

The hostel is classed only as 1* and isn't all that luxurious even though it is housed in a Georgina period mansion.

It is excellent for those that want to stay on a budget.

Unique Quality: Quaint!

Directions: University district

• Rachael71's Profile Photo

Good on a budget

The first time I came to Bath in 1997, I stayed at the YHA. My friend and I were pretty impressed when we arrived and saw this Italian-style mansion. "Wow, what a place to stay!" we thought. However, the sleeping accommodation was in shed-like buildings at the back of this beautiful building, so we didn't actually get to sleep here!

The hostel was clean and as comfortable as youth hostels ever get. We slept in a dorm, but double and family rooms are available. Breakfast is served in the main house for an extra charge (evening meals are also available).

There is plenty of room for parking, and the hostel is within walking distance of the city centre.

In 2005 the hostel charges £12.50 per night, excluding breakfast. Non-members of the YHA pay an additional £3.00 on top of this, but no longer need to buy membership.

Unique Quality: The only unique thing I recall about the hostel is that we shared a dorm with a German girl who talked in her sleep for half the night. It put me off dormitory accommodation for life - B&Bs or a private hostel room for me from now on I'm afraid!

Comments