Chesterfield House

The HuntsmanThe Huntsman

BathBath

Sunday in Bath

by reebaschwegler

Hello everyone, I have just joined in.

I wanted to ask anyone with knowledge of Bath about Bath on a Sunday.
Is it any different from other days?
Are the shops etc. open?
Are the attractions open?

I'll be visiting in May next year with some friends.
Thank you.

by leics

Most UK cities and large towns are 'open' on Sundays nowadays. That is, the major shops in the centres will be. Opening jours are likely to be different though, perhaps 10 - 4 or 11 - 5 (varies locally).

Sunday public transport usually has a different, less frequent service.

Most attractions will be open on Sundays in May, though it is worth visiting the tourist information website on www.visitbath.com to check days & times for places you'd like to visit.

by reebaschwegler

Thank you for the reply and the link.
I will certainly visit this site. Would like to be sure if those open deck buses ply on Sundays in May.

by leics

Wrong link....aaaaaaaaaaargh!

www.visitbath.co.uk !! Sorry; didn't mean to send you to Maine!

It seems the open-top buses run all year, so you'll be ok in May.

by martinbristol

Hi,

I live very near Bath. If there is a specific attraction you want me 100% to find out is open for you, let me know. I do know that a few shops and cafes are closed on Sunday but there would still be many shops and cafes open as well as almost all tourist attractions. It is correct that public transport services are less but you benifit from the fact that things are less busy than on a Saturday or weekday (less busy but not 'dead'). May is a great time to avoid too many people.

(If you do write to me it can take a few days for me to reply).

Best wishes,
Martin

Thanks for your offer Martin,
I'll take up on it immediately.
Will Lynn's buns cafe be open on Sunday?
Thanks

by martinbristol

Hi,

Do you have the name of the street it is on as I've had no luck locating it. From what year was your information?

Cheers,
Martin

by tembofan

You mean Sally Lunn's cafe - famous for the Bath bun. Here's a link.

Travel Tips for Bath

The River Avon

by yooperprof

It's very pleasing to take a stroll along the Avon, especially in early spring when the daffs are blooming. I was there in the first week of March - I can't tell you how welcome it was to see those glorious blossoms!

Radek ! The Real Harry Potter !

by coceng

So, this is Radek !
When I first looked at him, I thought he looked like somebody...I said this to him & he said, "I looked like Harry Potter !"
No, he's not a fan of Harry Potter, neither do I...
He wouldn't change his glasses just because he won't look like Harry Potter...
Great !
Sadly, I couldn't capture Radek's girlfriend...We just talked all night long & I forgot to snap a photo of her...
After this photo was taken, me & Radek went out; So I shall present here my :NIGHT SCENES AROUND BATH...[Please click]

Prior Park - A Landscape Garden

by pedersdottir

Imagine broad, sweeping lawns rimmed by woodlands. Picture a quiet serpentine lake topped by a Palladian bridge and picturesque views from every angle. Ten minutes drive outside the city, Prior Park occupies its own green universe. Part of the UN's World Heritage Site of Bath, the 28 acre landscape garden was planted by Bath entrepreneur Ralph Allen, with design assistance from his friends, Alexander Pope and Capability Brown. Built into a steep valley, the garden offers both seclusion and challenge.

There is no parking on the grounds. Visitors may either walk (approx. 30 minutes from town and mostly uphill) or take the bus.
Prior Park is serviced by the # 2 and #4 lines, which depart from the Dorchester St. stop approx. every 15 minutes, Monday to Saturday or every 30 minutes on Sundays. The garden is open from 11:00 am daily, closing at dusk in winter (5:30pm the rest of the year). Admission is L 4 for adults, L 2 for children. From Prior Park the hiking enthusiast may continue on to the Bath Skyline, a hilly and partially wooded 6-mile circular walk around the city perimeter.

The Gay Street...

by coceng

Zooming in on closer on the name Gay Street ! There's nothing gay about the street, neither we could see some gay guys posing for some easy snacks...
Anyway, we thought we better leave because we saw some phantoms among the trees...

Great Bath Pub

by sue_stone about Crystal Palace Pub

We had lunch at the Crystal Palace Pub, sitting out in the pretty beer garden (under an umbrella as the weather was a bit dodgy).

It is a great place for a relaxing meal and was very popular the day we were there.

You order and pay at the bar, and your food is bought out to your table.

One good thing to note - since June 2004 the Crystal Palace has been a non-smoking pub, except in the beer garden. We had fish & chips and a Shepherds Pie. A half pint of beer completed the meal.

The food was average, but the atmosphere of the pub was good.

Comments