Cornerways Bath

47 Crescent Gardens, Bath, BA1 2NB, United Kingdom

More about Cornerways Bath

Just what we needed !

by TripAdvisor Member Two-going-somewhere

My partner and I stayed for two nights as a pre christmas break . The house is thoughtfully and stylishly furnished throughout and immaculately clean with a very comfortable bed and quality linen and towels.

The breakfast was fresh and tasty, although my partner missed his sausages , however i feel that if we had requested certain items , Sue would have provided.

Sue is a lovely person , very friendly without being imposing, and very knowledgeable about Bath.

The location is within walking distance of the centre and a city tour bus stops just around the corner in charlotte square , if i remember right !

We very rarely re-visit hotels and guesthouses , however we would not hesitate to stay at Cornerways should we visit Bath again,and have recommended highly to family and friends

Absolutely perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member lylescovell

My husband and I stayed at Cornerways in January for a weekend gettaway. I can not say enough great things about Sue Black and Cornerways Guest House. My husband and I arrived in Bath after a long train journey ,and after a previous bad b&b experience were a little nervous about our accomodations. However, we were so pleasantly surprised to be greeted at the door by Sue's friendly face. Upon arrival we were handed a print out of the weekend's weather and a list of dining ideas. As well, Sue sat down with us for about 15 minutes in her lovely white-washed, Victorian breakfast room and suggested her favorite places to dine and showed us on a map how to get to all the attractions.

The room was not big but not too small. The bed was a lovely antique Victorian frame with a VERY comfortable mattress and beautiful linen sheets (I am a bed snob). The bathroom was large with sparkling clean appliances, a deep German bath with a really cool shower. We also had a little fire place where she kept fresh flowers on the mantel.

Breakfast is served whenever you would like it and it is delicious! There is a large selection of fresh fruit and cereals as well as a variety of hot choices. I had croissants and fruit every morning and they were fresh fresh and hot! My husband had eggs every morning and said they were the best he has ever had.

The location is great. It is about a 5 minute walk to the city center. Sue has every brochure you could want and is very willing to help you make reservations or plan your day-- IF you want.

Another note--the first night we arrived I had a bit of food poisoning and Sue volunteered to cook my husband dinner (since food was not what I was in to) and offered to give me medicine. I almost felt like I was at my mom's. It is not very often when you find that kind of hospitality.

As well, she has a good selection of DVDs for you if you want a quiet night in your room.

We recommend Cornerways 110% and you are sure to have a fabulous stay!

Great B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Parkin01

My boyfriend and I stayed at Cornerways at the end of January for two nights and had a lovely stay.
We stayed in a lovely room (middle room of the house) which was quiet and very comfortable. Although the room wasn't massive, it was perfect for our needs and the bathroom was gorgeous with a great shower and even a toilet seat which closes by itself (very boy's toys!). I thought that the tray that Sue provides was a nice touch - you are given tea and coffee, chocs, biscuits and bottled water - very impressive for a B&B.
The breakfasts were fantastic and Sue is willing to let you have it at whatever time you choose. It was my birthday whilst we were there and I was given a card and had flowers on the breakfast table.
The B&B is located about 5min walk from the centre and we couldn't have asked for a better location. There is parking at the back of the B&B which is a novelty in a city centre and is ok if you are not planning on using your car whilst you are there as you have to park one behind the other. But there is a car park right at the back of the B&B as well.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend Conerways and would come back should we visit Bath again.

Great central B+B

by TripAdvisor Member lindsaycraig

We stayed at Cornerways for one night in March, and were not disappointed. The website directions for finding the property were good, and we were pleased with the standard of accommodation and service. Breakfast was great, with full English as well as cereals, yoghurts, fruit, toast, tea and juice. Excellent value, and location very central indeed, just a minute or two from the centre of town.

superior guest house

by TripAdvisor Member lushluce

We booked a stay in Cornerways in mid-march on recommendations by tripadvisor, and we were not dissapointed!.
The owner Sue was very helpful, kind and knowledgeable-and cooked the best breakfast we have ever tasted at a guest house(try the mushrooms!)

We stayed in room 3, (with the whirlpool bath) there were some very nice touches like fresh milk & chocolates on the hospitality tray, fresh flowers and a dvd player and dvds to borrow from Sues collection.

Cornerways is ideally situated for exploring Bath and the surrounding areas by day & night(5mins up the road is the excellent Hop Pole pub with a fine selection of real ales and has a really nice resteraunt )
I would highly recommend staying at Cornerways for the excellent location,high standards and superb service that Sue provides.

Lovely Guest House

by TripAdvisor Member Amyp53

Cornerways is a lovely guest house, perfect location for visiting bath. Its about a ten minute walk to the city centre.
The owner, sue is great and always happy to help you with planning your stay in bath.
The rooms are very comfortable extremely clean and home like , with lots of personal touches such as little chocolates and magazines. Sue makes a lovely breakfast with pastries, freshly squeezed juice and a full english if you'd like
It is a very small guest house so you are aware of disturbing others when you arrive home after an evening out. Overall we had a very nice stay, made better by the amazing hospitality and care shown by the owner.

Cornerways,quality accommodation.

by TripAdvisor Member BrambleHedge

When one is lucky enough to find quality accommodation with a friendly proprieter,which is also a stones throw from all the town's attractions including the lovely theatre,unique shops and historical and world-famous heritage....you stick with it.This was our second time at Cornerways,and we had a really pleasant stay.We have now experienced room 1 and 2,which are newly decorated and warm.Breakfast was good and served at a time convenient to us and our plans.I am glad to write this review because we were more than happy with every aspect of our stay.

Great breakfast! Interesting owner. Great location for walking to town.

by TripAdvisor Member drjj

For a location just off Queen's square a bit and making for a very easy walk anywhere in the town, at the price, and with parking in back, I don't know what could beat this guest house. No one in all of England can beat the owner's (Sue) breakfast mushrooms! They were the best we had in 3 weeks in England, exceeding those in the famous 5 star London Hotel by leaps and bounds.
Sue, the owner, is a very interesting person to talk with, having had lots of varied life experiences. She knows a great deal about Bath and its history, along with a strong knowledge of UK history, in general, it would appear. (Sue, I checked, it's the Yorkists from whom my grandparent was descended . . . not the Lancastrians, although there were a few ancillary members of those in there, as well).
When we stayed there in April 2007, Sue had been having some construction difficulties in the private area, so that entry through the rear where the parking is wasn't possible. She was most apologetic, but it was no problem at all. We had the large front room and worried at first about street noise at night, but we had no problem with it at all, sleeping peacefully in the King sized bed. The attention to little details . . cookies, chocolates, tea etc. was quite nice.
The bathroom was new and had good quality materials which we appreciated. Again, at the price point and location, and given the bed quality and excellent breakfast, we rate it well.
If you go, do look at the picture carefully so that when you're driving to find it you'll recognize it from wherever you are in the "y" intersection. Realize that it is like most Bath housing, an attached property when you're searching for it.

I loved Cornerways!

by TripAdvisor Member Danni90

I visited Bath for three days, June 16-18th of this year. I really enjoyed my stay at Cornerways. Sue was extremely helpful. My room, number 3 was very ample in size, as was the bathroom. The room was decorated very nicely, and the bedding was fabulous. There is a hospitality table in the room, with all kinds of goodies, shortbread, chocolate, teas, etc. The breakfasts were great, Sue will make anything that you want. The location is great for walking anywhere in Bath. Along the way you pass by the lovely Queen's Square. The price is very reasonable. (Wish my dollars weren't worth 50 pence, but that's not anyone's fault). I highly recommend Cornerways!

Warm welcome at Cornerways

by TripAdvisor Member Smiler10London

We stopped of at Cornerways for one night on the way to Devon and were tired and had achey muscles. Warm welcome from Sue the owner and lovely cup of tea and yummy biscuits on arrival. Great ideas for what to do and places to eat provided.
Room 3 was cosy and cute with lovely clean sheets/Duvet. Beautiful deep bath with jacuzzi bubbles was great for freshening up and relaxing.
Cosy room not overly large but enough space and tastefully neutrally decorated. Great goodies in basket with kettle etc
Liked the location - perfect for us 5 mins walk to everything.
Would suggest going for 2 hour session at Thermal Baths - great fun and soooo relaxing and fabulous views of Bath from the pools.
Lovely to choose what you like for breakfast - but maybe a card to fill in would be better as felt under pressure to choose straight away after 3 hour drive.
Would highly recommend a stay.
Sue allowed us to park on our day of departure as next guests arriving by train at 3 p.m-so very much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments