Dorset Villa Guest House

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Bath

The Royal CrescentThe Royal Crescent

Bath - Map 1900Bath - Map 1900

This Is A Bridge!This Is A Bridge!

The scissor archThe scissor arch

Bath to Stonehenge

by cottonwood

Any buses/tours to Stonehendge out of Bath? Just curiouse. Will be in Bath for a couple nights and was wanting to do a side trip to Stonehendge.

by Roadquill

When I took my family several years ago we took the train from London to Bath. There were tours out of Bath but by the time we got to Bath (around 11 am) we were too late to catch anything.
Karl

by cheil

Look up National Express buses in the UK. They run buses to and from every destination...

by henneth

For tours from Bath to Stonehenge you are spoilt for choice!! First of all try Scarper Tours (www.scarpertours.com), they leave at 9am or 1.30pm every day to Stonehenge, or try Mad Max, Danwood Tours, Stonehenge Express, or you could even take the train to Salisbury direct from Bath and then a bus up to Stonehenge from there. My advice is to take the tour, as it is cheaper than the train, direct and you have a guide.

RE: RE: Bath to Stonehenge

by Roadquill

Henneth is right there is supposed to be an afternoon tour. Now it comes back to me. The day we went they decided there was not enough customers for the 1:30 tour so they just cancelled it. I thought I was back in Italy.

RE: RE: Bath to Stonehenge

by cottonwood

Well, true to what you say, I still want to mark this off my list of things to see around the world whether for 5 minutes or 5 hours, and trust me, I don't plan on buying a overpriced "neolithic rock cake" as you have said, more like an overpriced postcard incase my overpriced cameras fail on me between there and home.

by jessieh

Stonehenge is amazing, don't miss it. I went with Scarper Tours and would definately recommend them - we had a really fun driver - learnt all about crop circles and cider and the area's history, and stonehenge of course - which was great. A fantastic way to get down there - convenient and good value. They leave at 9.30am and 1.30pm every day.

Travel Tips for Bath

Sights Along The Avon River...

by coceng

Kept on walking...
I came to another bridge; The North Parade Bridge. The long spire that you could see on my photo is the spire of St. John's Roman Catholic Church !
Ahh, so beautiful the setting !

Bath Rugby

by barryg23

The Recreation Ground is the home of Bath RFC. It is very close to town and open for anyone to walk in and explore. Matches are usually held on Saturdays. Bath play in the Zurich Premiership and occasionally in the European Cup.

The Grapes

by graeme83 about The Grapes

The Grapes is a good pub with reasonable food. I always seem to have a meal in here and watch the rugby/football depending on what time we arrive. At the weekend there will always be a match on. Nice atmosphere.

Cars can be a nightmare so try...

by joecooper

Cars can be a nightmare so try a bus or train.
Walk as it is not a very big city. If you are lazy/old/pregnant then get a tour bus, just like the open-top ones you get in London! Bicyles are popular in Bath but there is little provision for them so watch out for mad car drivers.

Food Glorious Food

by greebo

Well if you cannot find anywhere to eat in Bath, then you must be dead. There are many great places to eat in Bath ranging from little sandwich/pastry shops to top class resturants. A good one that has been recommended to me is the Tug Boat.

Comments