Lower Bristol Road, Bath, Somerset, BA2 3QU, United Kingdom

IHG Booking.com Travelocity

Rated 14% higher but also costs 31% more than other 3 star hotels

• tvor's Profile Photo

Standard Issue Holiday Inn

A Holiday Inn Express pretty much does what it says on the tin. It's a clean, decent hotel, close to the city centre, has business facilities but not a lot of added perks. You get a decent room, en suite, television. You probably get free continental breakfast (we did) which, at this locale, also included scrambled eggs and bacon as well. The bed was comfortable and clean and quiet. It's not right in the city centry but there's a bus outside that will go into the centre or it's a quick taxi ride. The hotel does not have a restaurant in it, only the bar which is used for breakfast, but is near to a large grocery store which does premade sandwiches and snacks if you don't get a bite in the city centre.

We were early to get to the room so they kept our bags for us and we checked in properly in the evening when we'd got back from a bit of sight seeing. All in all it's a good hotel for your basic needs. We got a decent prepaid advance rate, about average for the hotel costs in Bath.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Short walk from the city centre

About 15 minutes walk away from the city centre. The hotel is clean, bedrooms are adequately furnished, and the price includes a continental breakfast.

• sunburntaussie's Profile Photo

Good price and good service

Well ... there's no complaints here. The hotel was great for the price (£45) which included breakfast as standard. I'm quite a big fan of 'Holiday Inns' because you always get a decent room, decent breakky and the service is usually ok. The Holiday Inn at Bath is no exception - it's close to everything and offers some really good deals.

• Synch_X's Profile Photo

Affordable hotel in Bath

Just like any other Holiday Inn, but this particular one only just opened the day before we arrived, so everything was fresh and new. If you want to go to Bath for an inexpensive trip then I suggest staying here and you can get breakfast included in the price. Having checked their website it looks like their prices have risen slightly but they are still good value for money.

More about Holiday Inn Express Bath

Did the Job!

by TripAdvisor Member bobbinuk

We stayed on 10th June for one night and had 3 rooms as we were part of a hen party. The staff were helpful and check in and out was smooth. The rooms are clean, there were 3 of us in there so it was a bit cramped at times, the bathroom was fine, the shampoo and shower gell are provided in one dispenser and there was a note to say if you had forgetten anything to ask. The bar was still open when we arrived home after 2.00am, the machines were switched in in the breakfast part so we had free tea, coffee and hot chocolate!

The bedrooms do get very hot though and we found that Air Conditining would have been better.

The breakfast was better than I expected with a range of fruit juices, pastires, muffins, bread and cereals along with the usual hot drink options. You can also take your breakfast back to your room, very relaxed and you can eat as much as you want.

A taxi into the central area of Bath was just over £5.00, we went to La Flamenca Spanish Tapas, twice now I have been and can thoroughly reccomend that as well!

All in all a nice stay.

Good Choice in Bath

by TripAdvisor Member jfoote

My wife and I stayed for one night at the Holiday Inn Express in Bath. The combination of location, price and amenities proved to be a winning combination. The Express is an easy 10 minute walk to the center of Bath, the price was low for the area and the room was modern and clean. There is free parking, wifi for a price, and a free continental breakfast. This was an excellent choice and can be easily recommended to other travelers.

Good base for a break in Bath

by TripAdvisor Member sambrown24

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend visit to Bath for my 30th Birthday. I booked on-line three days prior to arrival. I was not expecting much as this was one of the cheapest hotels I found but I have to say I was pleasantly suprised ! Staff were friendly and efficent, check in & out was fast and hassle free. Free hot drinks in the lobby. Continental breakfast was fine - toast, pastries & cereals. Location was excellent - just a 10 minute stroll into town. There is an indian restaurant directly opposite - but we had already booked a table at the Eastern Eye on Quiet St (which I would highly reccomend) . The only complaint I had about the hotel was the fact that our rooms were right on the main road so there was a fair bit of traffic noise, so if you are staying here request a room at the opposite end of the hotel.

As expected for a Holiday Inn

We stayed here because it was a convenient base for where we had to be, and as such it did the business. You do not expect a Holiday Inn to be part of a 'holiday experience', you just want it to fulfil a need and it was fine for that. The staff were friendly and efficient, the breakfast was adequate and it is conveniently located for central Bath. The only problem was ventilation in the room (third floor) - it was just too hot, and this was after the main really hot spell of weather in July. The window opened, but only up to a point. It would have been nice to have the air conditioning in the room that operated in the reception area. Some kind of ventilation/extractor fan in the bathroom would have been good too.

You pay 4 what u get

by TripAdvisor Member gian

2 ADULTS AND 2 KIDS IN THE PARTY.

The room was small but adequate size after pulling out sofa bed. We were there for 1 night only and spent majority of time in city centre - any more than a couple of days it could get awkward.

We paid £83 and you would be hard pushed to get anything in bath that could fit a family at that price. Breakfast was simply tea/coffee, cereal and a few pastrys.

Pros
Ample car parking
10 min walk to city centre

Cons
No AIR CON (made rooms very stuffy at night)
Beds not comfy

Efficiency & value for money

by TripAdvisor Member FF

We arrived in Bath one weekday everning in June thinking that finding accommodation would be a breeze.... well, to make a long story short, the city was packed with visitors and all places were booked solid. By sheer chance I drove in front of the HI Express (I didn't even know Bath had one) and it dawned on me that I had some priority club points I could use to stay there... if they had a room! Well, they had it -- and they gladly accepted to let me use my points (after calling the reservation center for me). The whole thing was handled very professionally, with smiles, and in just a few minutes. What a relief! The room was the usual (high) standard fot this chain, breakfast was adequate.
And Bath is a great city (don't miss the free walking tour given by the tourist office!).

Does the job

by TripAdvisor Member jonben

The room was a little compact for two adults and two children and the sofa bed was hard and lumpy. However, as a simple base for exploring Bath it was adequate. We walked into town, although it takes a while and the walk back with my 7 year old was asking alot of her after a day's sightseeing.

A reasonable choice, all things considered.

Comments