Hotel St. Clair

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Hotel St. Clair

Cosy rooms and Yummy Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member mooreel

Myself and my husband stayed for the weekend in Brook's Guesthouse in Bath and we were very impressed with the overall service that the Guesthouse had to offer. The rooms are funky and practical with great TVs and decor, the breakfast was really yummy and set us up for the day and the staff were very friendly when I told them that we would be arriving late and needed some touristy information. We especially enjoyed the honesty bar which was available into the late evening, we availed of the Prosecco while getting ready for the night ahead! I would highly recommend this boutique style guesthouse as it is really central, cosy and well priced

relax in the bath

by TripAdvisor Member kecl66

lovely place to stay rooms very clean and tidy , bathroom very clean , location very good short (10min) walk to town , staff all very friendly and helpful , definatley helped us unwind as whole location relaxing also got full range of leaflets to help you decide where to visit and a guide to local restaurants. will be using again with out a doubt , first class guest house will be even better no doubt when expansion into next door completed , but building work so good did not distrupt our stay at all , if staff hadnt apologised for workmen we wouldnt have known work was being done!

Relaxed, elegant, home from home

by TripAdvisor Member TAPOR

My boyfriend and I stayed at Brooke's guesthouse on our way down to Devon, as we wanted to break the journey and see Bath for a day. Brooke's is like a home from home, very friendly and relaxed and there was always someone at hand to give advice about the best places to eat and drink and what to do within a limited timescale. The room was lovely, the breakfast was excellent and the owners were very welcoming. It's also easy to find, which was a relief after a stressful drive from London.

A great weekend in Bath

by TripAdvisor Member jemlfixit

Had a recent weekend down in Bath visiting the Spa. Stayed at Brooks Guesthouse which was really comfortable and convenient for the city centre. The price was reasonable, and overall we had a great weekend away. Will definitely stay again if we go down to Bath in the future!

Make sure you get a refurbished room

by TripAdvisor Member undecidedgretch

Brooks is one of those typical B&Bs where the communal areas are nicely done but it's slightly pot luck as to which room you get. As we arrived there was a large ominous skip in the front garden and the floor below ours was a complete building site. Our room left loads to be desired, the bathroom was moldy and falling apart, the basin was on the bed the room was so tight, the windows were painted shut and the plumbing etc. was so old that everytime anyone on our floor turned a tap on it woke us up with the most hideous noise. Perhaps our visit was tainted due to the room we were in as I can say that the place was lovely and clean and the breakfast was delicious - I just wish they had been upfront about the room we were in as it was not value for money. I suspect if we were in one of the newer rooms it would have been fine, think it shouldn't be one price fits all as if I had paid even up to 70 quid I would not have minded but felt I got a raw deal in the end. Worth a visit just make sure you clarify first!

A warm welcome

by TripAdvisor Member TheresaShropshire

A very warm friendly welcome greeted us on arrival at this family run hotel, which is within easy walking distance of central Bath. Refurbishment of the hotel was then in progress (March 2008) but our room was very clean and the bed superbly comfortable. The staff were enthusiastic and eager to please and the breakfast was outstandingly good. What more do you need?

brook no dispute

by TripAdvisor Member MrTweed

My girlfriend and I spent a delightful weekend in this charming b&b. Upon arrival the staff member manning the reception desk was eager to show us to our room. We had one of the few un-refurbished rooms, but we did get a chance to look at the done-up places and they seemed charming - we hope to stay in one next time we visit. Our room was smallish - but good value for money - and well maintained.
The receptionist recommended a couple of sights to see in town and a restaurant for supper.
We slept well and partook of breakfast. Service was great and the waiter even helped my girlfriend with her boiled egg-and-soldiers!

A gem

by TripAdvisor Member richardal

Superb location, ideall for exploring the sights of beautiful Bath, minutes from the Royal Crescent and Circus. Amazing! Friendly staff, tasteful refurbishment, lovely bedroom with some beautiful features and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Breakfast in the morning was to die for too! Can't wait for our next visit

Excellent Guesthouse - Gorgeous Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member sam1001

Just had the best weekend in Bath, my partner booked a romantic weekend at Brooks Guesthouse. Our room had just been refurbished and we were the first guests in this room. The room was stunning with the wow factor, breakfast was excellent !!!!

People were very friendly and helpful, will definitely stay again when we go down to Bath in the future!

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Tiggertrip9

We stayed in a beautifully refurbished room at the back, very quiet and the manager showed us a brand new room at the front which had a real wow factor. The staff were very friendly and knew all about Bath. We would definiely stay here again.

The Riverside WalkThe Riverside Walk

View of the Hot Baths from The Pump RoomView of the Hot Baths from The Pump Room

Bus Leaving The New Bus StationBus Leaving The New Bus Station